BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Your Starting Eleven Coming This Season.

What is your starting eleven with the current players at our club for the coming season?

Raya

Henley, Kilgallon, Duffy, Spurr

Conway, Evans/Lowe, Marshall, Olsson

Rhodes, Gestede

Subs: Evans, Brown, Williamsson, Hanley, Taylor, Forrester, Steele

If Gestede or Rhodes has left Rovers by the start of the season then my team would be

Steele

Henley Duffy Kilgallon Olsson

Lowe Evans

O'Sullivan Marshall Conway

Rhodes/Gestede

If Both Rhodes and Gestede are here by the start of the season then my team would be

Steele

Henley Duffy Kilgallon Olsson

Marshall Lowe Evans Conway

Rhodes Gestede

But my starting 11 might change depending on signings and players who leave

Abbey

Shaun, Stuart, Al and PhilipP

Gordon, Yoda, Yoda's Bro, 1864 Roverite

Amarillo, West Yorks Rover

with Roverzee as the Head of Comms, and Jim Mc as our new Manager.

The Finance Director must be Glen Mullan, and Paul as the Head of Catering.

Gav can be Head of Security.

I will volunteer to be Head of Pie Purchasing.

Nearly forgot.....Chaddy can be Head of Venscum Liaison and Truth Dissemination.

I only chose the above as they have a better chance of playing as a team than our present incumbents!!

:-)

I cant even decide on a 1st choice goaly to begin with, steele-meh! Eastwood-pfft! Raya-if we put to much pressure on him to soon he's likely to end up going the way of jake kean, he needs to be introduced slowly this season and hopefully by ready to be our number 1 next season,

ideally we could do with having a veteren keeper to share the number 1 shirt with raya for a season, but thats noddy land talk sorry.

The rest of the starting 11 pretty much picks its self as things stand and id like to see a bench full of hungry youngsters chomping at the bit to get on and take there chance.

I cant even decide on a 1st choice goaly to begin with, steele-meh! Eastwood-pfft! Raya-if we put to much pressure on him to soon he's likely to end up going the way of jake kean, he needs to be introduced slowly this season and hopefully by ready to be our number 1 next season,

ideally we could do with having a veteren keeper to share the number 1 shirt with raya for a season, but thats noddy land talk sorry.

The rest of the starting 11 pretty much picks its self as things stand and id like to see a bench full of hungry youngsters chomping at the bit to get on and take there chance.

Agreeing with you of late TJ. None of us can choose in goal either. Neither can Bowyer. He has struggled in that position ever since he arrived. It really irritates me. One of his first signings was in goal. I thought that was good and he was making it a priority. No, just bundling about buying much of a muchness. Wish Terry Gennoe was currently available.

Quite premature thread really but given there's only about three weeks into the start of the season it really shouldn't be. Can't help but think the next excuse will be a lack of pre-season for our few newcomers. We are going to have to hope that whichever eleven Bowyer selects the team spirit in the camp is as good as he says it is. We are going to need it. Pretty soon this team will pick itself.

As for the keeper debate, you have to have the senior keeper in there unless he has done something worthy of dropping (without chopping and changing) so, for me, it's Steele.

I agree out of what we have it has to be steele to begin with, but I don't have much faith in him improving much over last seasons form(although I'd obviously love him to prove me wrong) though to be fait to steele(and all our goalies) it doesn't help them when they have a different backline(or almost entire team) in front of them every week.

As it stands Steele

Henley Duffy Killa Ollson

Conway Evans Willo Marshall

Rhodes Rudy

Allowing for transfers, knocks and the rotator himself would not be surprised at all by KO time to see

Steele

Lowe Hanley Duffy Spurr

Taylor Evans New man Conway

Rhodes Brown

Abbey

Shaun, Stuart, Al and PhilipP

Gordon, Yoda, Yoda's Bro, 1864 Roverite

Amarillo, West Yorks Rover

with Roverzee as the Head of Comms, and Jim Mc as our new Manager.

The Finance Director must be Glen Mullan, and Paul as the Head of Catering.

Gav can be Head of Security.

I will volunteer to be Head of Pie Purchasing.

Nearly forgot.....Chaddy can be Head of Venscum Liaison and Truth Dissemination.

I only chose the above as they have a better chance of playing as a team than our present incumbents!!

:-)

I thought Preston Blue, you would have played Waggy76 on the left wing lol

Eastwood

Henley Hanley Kilgallon Ollson

Taylor Evans Lowe Conway

Marshall

Rhodes

That's about how I call it. With Williamson / Willo / Willy in for the incredibly disappointing Evans (last season). I can't see Gestede being here come the 8th August. Oh, and a keeper, I'm with Stuart, it's got to be Steele for the reasons he gave.

Having said all that, anything can happen in the next couple of weeks, we may even add to the squad. Shaw and The Communications Director may speak in public. Venkys may give us a second thought. Cause after all, when you're worth a reported 2 billion quid we don't really matter. It's like going on the lash with £200 and losing a tenner - and you don't even drink. As Desai explained when they bought the club (for about 2 quid) she doesn't even like football. It's hardly a surprise - and when you put your faith in a tantric dancing football agent, Kean, Shebby bloody Singh, Derek bleeding Shaw and a mute Comms Dir, this is what you get.

Anyway, you can ignore all that as it's in the wrong thread anyway. For myself I'm looking forward to next season, in a kind of let's see how they galvanise themselves sort of way. Backs against the wall stuff. I hope we find a few Alistair Cook's in the squad. Whilst I don't think Gaz is the man I do think he's a decent bloke and I wish him well - for obvious reasons.

Finally, while I derail the entire thread, but I've had a few so unlucky, if anyone thinks the £100m (ish) we owe the Bank of India is secured against BRFC assets then your in cloud cuckoo land. Players? Let's be generous - 30m tops. Ewood Park? For what? Houses? A supermarket? I can't see it. Brockhall? Again, too many caveats. Let's pretend the BoI are really naive shall we?

So Venkys call time. BoI want their money, secured against BRFC? Surely not.

Anyway, again I've given it more thought than Desai today. When you've 50 odd companies to run, and don't care anyway, there's only so much you can do, or want to do, or think about.

NB: Until they put the right people in place, start listening to proper people - i.e long term fans, they will never have a hope in hell of being successful.

Anyway, as Mike Bassett once said (and Bob, Don, Tony, Kenny, Mark) we go Four Four fecking Two. The wingers run their nuts off and cover the full backs. The full backs over lap and vice versa. We feed Rhodes. We have midfielders who know when to stick or twist. We take the game to the opposition at Ewood. We entertain. We go a bit more cautious away from home - when necessary. They worry about us. We have Rhodes and Gestede (at the moment). Most clubs would be worried about us. We shouldn't be worried who we start in our first eleven next season anyway (so at least no one will be upset) as it'll practically pick itself!

• Backroom

Steele

Henley Duffy Killa Olsson

Marshall Lowe Williamson Conway

Rhodes Rudy

Whatever combination you put in the centre of the park it's shockingly weak but I take some comfort in the fact that Bowyer knows this and obviously is trying to sort it.

My other main concern is outside of the fullbacks I would half fancy my chances in a 10 / 50 / 100 metre sprint against any of them!

Great shout about the fullbacks Tom, you're right, although Conway isn't slow and on his day Marshall can do a bit.

I think of Bentley, never the quickest, but a good dwibbler, quick feet. It would be nice to have at least one centre forward / striker with loads of pace, but for various reasons (mainly Anderson / Kean / Singh / Shaw - and for Venkys for signing it all off), that ain't going to happen as it costs big cash - certainly more than 10k p/w in this division anyway.

I'd say player for player we are okay in the team in every position apart from central midfield and pace up front. We have to get better options on those two fronts or we are in serious trouble.

Team for me out of current players

-----------------Raya

Henley----Duffy----Killa-----Olsson

----------------Lowe

-------Conway----Marshall

-------------O'Sullivan (Maybe the Kyi if he signs shortly?)

-------Rhodes-----Gestede

Thought my guess based on current trialists and the worst case scenario of all out coveted players leaving (Gestede, Marshall, Rhodes) would be:-

-----------------Raya

Henley----Duffy----Killa-----Olsson

----------Lowe----Furman

--Conway--O'Suillivan-----Kyi

----------------????

Brown is not fit for purpose, so we will need some strikers.

Cringing at Reading Lowe in almost every lineup. Are you all halfwits? Lowe is only good enough to be a squad player for full back. Just as Joey correctly diagnoses Brown... Not fit for purpose.

I will meanwhile pray that the liability Hanley is sold before kick off and never makes the team.

Cringing at Reading Lowe in almost every lineup. Are you all halfwits? Lowe is only good enough to be a squad player for full back. Just as Joey correctly diagnoses Brown... Not fit for purpose.

I will meanwhile pray that the liability Hanley is sold before kick off and never makes the team.

In your desperation to slag off our experienced home grown players, both U21 internationals and the "liability" with 17 full international caps, you've completely forgotten to point out that for zero money and 10 grand per week wages, they could only be replaced with players who are far worse.

Be careful what you wish for.

Archived