BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Match Report: Blackburn Rovers 3 - 0 Wigan

Some would find Scarlet Johansson spread-eagled on their bed and complain that she broke in.

Now that's taking it too far ! I'd at least give her a trial first :)

Some on here would have a melt down if the club brought in a surplus water cooler.

We'd want to know who it's agent was that's for sure :rover:

Some on here would have a melt down if the club brought in a surplus water cooler.

Does a water cooler demand a substantial signing on fee and cost 10k p.w.?

Funny comments about Scarlett though. Arguably with 6 days of the season to go it's the other way round at the moment. Many would be delighted to see Nora Batty legs akimbo on their couch and give her 'a right good go" if it meant we could sign a player with 2 legs and a pulse. Lol.

If Raya is no.1 I wonder if that's how we got him to sign a contract... Seems a little harsh on Steele, he must be right annoyed.

If the team continue to look to use Raya and his footballing ability, it will go wrong and cost us a goal at some point, but if it's only one a season and helps our overall game enough then so be it. It is clearly a tactic they've been working on in preseason and therefore must come from the manager, so if Raya does mess it up I hope people don't get on his back.

Fantastic report by PB, better than in the papers by far. The only thing I'd disagree with is Delphy impressing. He did ok, has looked half decent and if we really can't do any better he wouldn't be a terrible signing but he does look to me like he's only League One standard maybe lower Championship.

• Backroom

Doesn't sound like Delfouneso could hit the proverbial barn door with a trusty banjo.

Btw, Maynard getting injured isn't bad luck, he's a known sick note. The last thing we need is another crock clogging up the wage bill.

I have a feeling that we will see Bowyer combine Raya and Steele in goal in the league and then giving Eastwood a chance in the cup.

It feels good to have three good keepers in this division as there is pressure to succeed.

Also think 4-2-3-1 is the formation we should aim for coming this season.

I have a feeling that we will see Bowyer combine Raya and Steele in goal in the league and then giving Eastwood a chance in the cup.

It feels good to have three good keepers in this division as there is pressure to succeed.

I never had Bowyer down as a forward thinking manager but playing two keepers is pretty groundbreaking and shows he's taking the goals against column seriously.

Finally got round to watching the game on Rovers Player.

Thought Guthrie and Tomlinson were big positives. Both moved the ball forward and retained the ball in a way our existing players just don't do. Think they could play a big part in improving our style of play.

Lowe was okay but he does choose the backward option way way way too much. If we sign Guthrie I would drop Lowe and play Guthrie and Williamson as the first choice pair. Don't think Bowyer will fancy that though...

Peschi really does look like Viera and plays a bit like him too, though a lot more clumsy. Like the look of him but worried if he will hack the pace if someone gets tight to him.

Marshall had such a free role, dropping incredibly deep at times but played well. The issue was it made Fode very isolated. He will need to get closer to the striker. Fabulous goal.

Conway similarly always offered an option. Think he will have a good season. Seems much more confident in taking his man on than last year.

Delfy - hmm. Obviously has the attributes, reasonably quick, strong but just never looked convincing. I don't think he is a wing forward. Needs to play through the middle imo. Not that bothered by him.

Fode looked bright when he came on then faded a bit. Good technique, can turn at a bit of pace, lay off well, looks good back to goal. However does not look strong in the air. We can't lump it to him (or for that matter Jordan) like we have to Rudy for the last 12 months. It needs to go to chest or feet.

If we are playing 451 with Jordan or Fode we are going to have to play a much higher line and get Conway, Marshall and whoever is the third forward much much closer to to the striker and sometimes beyond him. Playing deep with one small striker to aim at is madness.

The rub is with Duffy, Killer or Hanley at the back would you play a high line? Teams with pace will eat them alive...

As a result I think we maybe have some tactical issues. Not quick enough up top for a deep defensive counter attacking style. Not quick enough at the back to keep a high line and get the midfielders up the pitch...

I would maybe look at the diamond formation as suiting our players a bit better. Partner Jordan with Fode with Marshall in the hole. Then we can play deeper and give our strikers more support. Just a thought.

Still good win with some big positives.

Starting to swap keepers about in the league isn't a good idea at all especially when you have a defensive record like ours. We know the centre backs are likely to be Hanley & Duffy if fit and that's a poor choice in itself. Then we may have the battle for left back and a possibility of Hanley/Nyambe/Marshall/Lowe doing the right back slot depending on who's turn it is.

All this would be done with increasing players value by giving them games in mind. No way for a team to gel and actually be the best it can be. Certainly not what I want to watch week in week out.

The signing of Steele made perfect sense at the time. Robinson was on his way and Eastwood looked as good as me and raya was still a few years off being number one status.

Just because Eastwood and raya stepped up their game does not make Steele a bad signing. If anything there development supports the signing.

No one was complaining when we signed Steele, we can't get angry 6 months down the line

That's just not true. Several of us complained but got accused of bullying because we did not agree with chaddy's "genuine opinion"

Fair enough, some may have complained. However the general feeling was the signing was positive. Remember when we signed him we had just started the embargo and the only paid transfers we could make us for those on loan.

I wish we had put the money together for baps but he'd only looked ordinary at that stage where Steele had displaced Robinson as number one

The general feeling was far from positive particularly as none of the other keepers were as good as Robinson. In my opinion Chaddy.

That's just not true. Several of us complained but got accused of bullying because we did not agree with chaddy's "genuine opinion"

Al, it was my genuine opinion and still is. Robinson has a massively weakness to low shots. But he was good player for us overall and great servant to the club.

I hope he has a good career in the media/coaching now and you never know he might just come back a gk coach one day

Chaddy (like many others) could see Robbos days where numbered - Abs did you not see his performance at Blackpool away? Nearly threw the ball in the net!

That's not slating him. He was good under SA but never recovered properly from the warfarin which is to be expected.

Al, it was my genuine opinion and still is. Robinson has a massively weakness to low shots. But he was good player for us overall and great servant to the club.

I hope he has a good career in the media/coaching now and you never know he might just come back a gk coach one day

That slight weakness was way overplayed by his haters. After the shabby way he was treated there is no way he will have anything more to do with us.

Chaddy (like many others) could see Robbos days where numbered - Abs did you not see his performance at Blackpool away? Nearly threw the ball in the net!

That's not slating him. He was good under SA but never recovered properly from the warfarin which is to be expected.

God that old chestnut again! I was on holiday when that game was played but to constantly berate a player for one poor game is way over the top.

That slight weakness was way overplayed by his haters. After the shabby way he was treated there is no way he will have anything more to do with us.

God that old chestnut again! I was on holiday when that game was played but to constantly berate a player for one poor game is way over the top.

It was a number of games running up to this + that was his last performance for us I think

It was a number of games running up to this + that was his last performance for us I think.

That's just not true. Any odd errors he may have made, and it's nothing like as many as Steele, was overshadowed by his presence and organisation of the defence, distribution etc. He is a great influence on the team, sadly lost.

That's just not true. Any odd errors he may have made, and it's nothing like as many as Steele, was overshadowed by his presence and organisation of the defence, distribution etc. He is a great influence on the team, sadly lost.

Steele has been largely solid from what I've seen bar one or two mistakes.

We will just have to disagree, I felt as if Robbo was past his best, paid far too much and bound to be affected by the treatment from warfarin. If he hadn't had the blood clot, I think things may have been very different.

Steele has been largely solid from what I've seen bar one or two mistakes.

We will just have to disagree, I felt as if Robbo was past his best, paid far too much and bound to be affected by the treatment from warfarin. If he hadn't had the blood clot, I think things may have been very different.

Yep, as usual we agree to disagree. One of these days we'll find something to agree on.:)

Yep, as usual we agree to disagree. One of these days we'll find something to agree on. :)

You did. You both agreed to agree to disagree. I agree with that too. We have a triumvirate of agreement. Regarding disagreement.

Archived