BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cardiff At Home 18Th August

• Backroom

I think GB will go for Delf ' the fonz ' upfront With Akpan and Lowe the obligatory holders.

I expect us to persevere with Marshall at 10* (I'm a fan of him in a wide role.

Love to see Koita start, but Bbc lancs questioned his match fitness against Huddersfield.

Save your time, money and sanity.

I'll post updates from the Riverside.

Ask abbey for permission to do that first :P

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny how opinions differ! To me a Duffy-Hanley partnership must be avoided and we seem incapable of 451.

Assuming Rhodes is fit I'd be 442 with Raya, Lowe, Olsson, Duffy, Kilgallon, Apkan (sp?) Guthrie, Conway, Barrow, Koita, Rhodes.

Imo either full back could be dropped but don't rate Spurr. Henley is a talented lad but looks like a bit of time out could help him. Kilgallon shores up a messy defence.

Midfield Apkan looked good and has to start. Marshall has been poor 3 games in a row plus Barrow looked electric so a no-brainer for the 4th midfield slot.

Up front assuming fitness is ok I'd be very interested in a Rhodes Koita combo. Imo they've the most logical partnership as will compliment each other the most. Give them a run together and I think it'd be promising.

2nd match attended in a week. I love the holidays.

• Backroom

I can't see Rhodes being fit for this game, he looked in quite a bit of pain when he limped off.

RAYA

HENLEY HANLEY DUFFY OLSSON

MARSHALL AKPAN GUTHRIE CONWAY

KOITA DELFOUNESO

I think Barrow will start but not sure who I would drop from that team, maybe Marshall as he hasn't been at the races so far this season.

We already desperately need to win this game.

We can all put down the team we'd like to see start but surely we all know that it'll be the same as Saturday but with one of Koita or Delfouneso replacing Rhodes? Hanley and Duffy will still be lumbering about side by side gifting the opposition chances, Olsson and Henley will continue their backwards development, Lowe will still be running lots but achieving nothing and sitting way too deep with Guthrie in the middle, and Marshall will still be looking like a little boy lost trying to work out what a number 10 does ....

You have been a rovers fan for years yet you state you are not looking forward to your 1st game of the season.

I suggest you stay at home watch Emmerdale farm and take it easy whilst those off us who live 200 miles away will be tortured by radiorovers.

I predict a tight game and a draw,this division is full of draws 1-1.

Barrow will start you do not borrow players from the premier and not play them.I saw a glimpse at Huddersfield were he destroyed 2 players via rovers player.

If everyone who didn't look forward to/enjoy watching Rovers stayed at home, we'd likely get sub 1000 gates.

I can't see Rhodes being fit for this game, he looked in quite a bit of pain when he limped off.

RAYA

HENLEY HANLEY DUFFY OLSSON

MARSHALL AKPAN GUTHRIE CONWAY

KOITA DELFOUNESO

I think Barrow will start but not sure who I would drop from that team, maybe Marshall as he hasn't been at the races so far this season.

We already desperately need to win this game.

That isn't a bad line-up for the championship

I'm finding these minutes applause really tiresome these days, they are happening too often and all over and for me, feel like they have lost some meaning. Now of course Jack Walker deserves applause from every single Rovers fan the world over, we all know that, it's just they're too often now. Oh some other team is doing one, so we should do one too. Whether they actually provide strength, help and support for the loved ones I don't know, but I hope that they do at least to make them worthwhile.

And for the one's before the games, I prefer the silence to the applause. I understand that decision is down to the grieving families, certainly not questioning it at all. Just a personal preference.

Apparently there is call for a minute's applause on the 15th minute for Uncle Jack :)

Sounds good to me.

Have I completely missed something (please feel free to call me stupid if I have) but is there a significance to the 15th minute or is it just as good a time as any? (obviously today marks the passing of the great man)

Edit: Doh, yes I am stupid - it's 15 years ago. Head well and truly hung in shame!

• Backroom

Sounds good to me.

Have I completely missed something (please feel free to call me stupid if I have) but is there a significance to the 15th minute or is it just as good a time as any? (obviously today marks the passing of the great man)

15 years since his passing.

Funny how opinions differ! To me a Duffy-Hanley partnership must be avoided and we seem incapable of 451.

It is funny really, as far as i am concerned, you could probably make a good case to replace any of the outfield players who started against Huddersfield for Tuesday's game, with exception of Duffy and Hanley.

Hanley was the best player over 90 minutes and even though his distribution wasn't great, defensively he was good.

Everyone else who started, only showed flashes of what they can do and were terribly inconsistent throughout. In fact you can throw the subs in there also.

You have been a rovers fan for years yet you state you are not looking forward to your 1st game of the season.

I suggest you stay at home watch Emmerdale farm and take it easy whilst those off us who live 200 miles away will be tortured by radiorovers.

I predict a tight game and a draw,this division is full of draws 1-1.

Barrow will start you do not borrow players from the premier and not play them.I saw a glimpse at Huddersfield were he destroyed 2 players via rovers player.

No, I am not excited one iota. I used to look forward to a new season so much, and with hope and a smile on my face as I walked down Livesey Branch Road. But under these fools there is bog all hope except the possibility of avoiding relegation. I really do hope you enjoy the games, for me we play dire football as was witnessed for some 90% of last season.

I do hope I am proven wrong......however I doubt it.

Haven't we had a minute silence before?

I'd much rather a PayPal account set up to have a big bunch of blue and white flowers delivered to Jacks grave once a year, personally.

No, I am not excited one iota. I used to look forward to a new season so much, and with hope and a smile on my face as I walked down Livesey Branch Road. But under these fools there is bog all hope except the possibility of avoiding relegation. I really do hope you enjoy the games, for me we play dire football as was witnessed for some 90% of last season.

I do hope I am proven wrong......however I doubt it.

I find that hard to believe or you would just stay away and use your quality time doing something else.

If it was as bad as you suggest you would not attend,a friend of mine does not go anymore but ays for a season ticket witch he donates to a charity.

My team would be:-

Raya; Henley, Duffy, Hanley, Olsson; Barrow, Guthrie, Akpan, Conway; Delfouneso, Koita.

Subs:- Steele, Lowe, Kilgallon, Spurr, Marshall, Brown, Tomlinson

I don't think Rhodes will be fit enough to play. I hope he is tho.

Lowe for Henley, Spurr for Olsson and Kilgallon for Duffy. and we are getting close.

I'm going to stick to my stall and boycott this match as a protest against Bowyer continuing as manager. He can't set up a team to save his life and it is not sufficient to reorganise every match after 60 minutes. It has to be the right starting 11. It will not be noticed but I have to do something and no I will not be letting someone else use my season ticket.

It is funny really, as far as i am concerned, you could probably make a good case to replace any of the outfield players who started against Huddersfield for Tuesday's game, with exception of Duffy and Hanley.

Hanley was the best player over 90 minutes and even though his distribution wasn't great, defensively he was good.

Everyone else who started, only showed flashes of what they can do and were terribly inconsistent throughout. In fact you can throw the subs in there also.

Wow, certainly a difference of opinions. Thought both defended really badly first half and were al over the place - no communication, poor marking, and dire distribution. Even in the second half Hudds had chances and it was as much them hoofing it more and panicking than an assured defensive display.

Agree many others could be dropped - Lowe, full backs, Guthrie and Marshall all could be dropped on that performance.

I'm going to stick to my stall and boycott this match as a protest against Bowyer continuing as manager. He can't set up a team to save his life and it is not sufficient to reorganise every match after 60 minutes. It has to be the right starting 11. It will not be noticed but I have to do something and no I will not be letting someone else use my season ticket.

Why not?

• Backroom

But season tickets are counted anyway.i reckon he is more intrested in watching man utd on tv.think about it.

Not to do with attendance figures as much as one less person actually there. Anyway, I don't know Al but am absolutely certain he means what he says.

Cardiff will be there for the beating. But they will be saying the same about us....

Got an uncomfortable feeling about this one. We will play quite well but unconvincingly and lose 1-2 at the start of a really rough old winter for us.

Not to do with attendance figures as much as one less person actually there. Anyway, I don't know Al but am absolutely certain he means what he says.

It may be counted but it will be an empty seat and will be noticed by my friends in the surrounding area. It's a feeble gesture but it's all I can do. I shall tell them why I was not there.

Interesting team selection dilema - interesting that people say we lack a settled side and then constantly ask for the team to be changed depending on individual performances (who would be a manager).

I wouldn't be in the slightest bit surprised to see him persist with Marshall in the No. 10 role - and with Duffy and Hanley at centre back.

Guthrie hasn't real set the world alight - and Koita sounded (from the radio) that he is still to get up to full fitness. Akpan added some much needed pace to centre midfield - but is he fit enough to play a full 90 minutes - which may see Lowe retained.

For me - lets go power and pace -

Raya

Henley / Hanley / Killa / Olsson

Barrow / Guthrie / Akpan / Conway (or Marshall)

Koita

Fonz

Wouldn't be too disappointed if Lowe started rather than Akpan - and for me Conway or Marshall is a close call (when played on the wing Marshall has been ok)

Archived