BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cardiff At Home 18Th August

• Moderation Lead

My post was on topic and just my opinion in responce to als stance, a mountain vwas made of a mole hill. The rest this morning is just the usual trolling and nonsensical insults.

Or, you could just disagree politely, like Glenn did.

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

FFS, the same sh1te all over this forum. Then Mike gets accused of patronising for attempting to mediate. You couldn't make it up.

To be fair I did have a chuckle at "most of us know there is a line" :lol:

Here are today's classified results ...

You remember the fanfare they used to play on Radio 2 at the start of sports report?

I certainly do. Stuck in traffic on the way home from Ewood with my Dad, stuck in traffic on the way back back from away games in a transit van full of cocaine snorting reprobates, jumpers for goalposts........

Has Lowey been on the weights over the summer? His shadowing of opposition players was done in a much more imposing fashion on Saturday.

It was very noticeable that he had bulked up - we spotted it as soon as they lined up against Wolves.

You remember the fanfare they used to play on Radio 2 at the start of sports report?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b065s544

From 20 seconds in.......the music with the headlines then the scores.....which isn't the same without James Alexander Gordon..........certainly not the shrill of a female voice, just like it grates in commentaries.......

I was humming the tune last under the the impression it was The Archers :blush:

How wrong I was.....

I'd be pretty amazed if Lowe is dropped. He should be but I can't see Gaz doing it yet. Akpan is new, and while did okay, hardly pulled up trees. It will take a bit more for him to dislodge Jase Gaz's eyes. Probably another three or four games imo.

I'm also not sure he will bin the 4231 either, and that HAS to go. I'll give Gaz the benefit of the doubt on that one...

I think we will see

------------------Raya

Henley---Hanley--Duffy---olsson

Marsh-----Lowe---Guthrie---Conway

-------------Koita---Delf

Barrow could start ahead of any of the wingers or strikers if there are fitness issues.

PS. Regarding 4231 - there is nothing wrong with the formation per se - loads of teams play it well, but we are so bloody deep it falls apart. Against Hudds we had 9 players in our own half and just passed between our centre backs and defensive midfielders. Then hoofed it to Jordan who isn't the best at holding up, and even if he did no one was anywhere near him. Atrocious.

If we are going to play it the back line needs to push up 20 yards, as does the whole of the midfield, and get the attacking three mids within 20 yards of the striker so they can play off and get beyond. But you can see how scared Duffy, Hanley and Lowe are of teams getting in behind, so we sat on this edge of our own box even when we had the bloody ball.

Its a confidence thing and our defence has not got it. Until we sort that out we aren't going to make best use of 4231. 442 is a much better fit if we want to play from deep as there is more to aim at long.

But Gary said Akpan was amazing, pulled up a tree on his own, and couldnt be stopped.

• Backroom

I would like to see tonight:

RAYA

HENLEY HANLEY KILGALLON OLSSON

BARROW GUTHRIE AKPAN CONWAY

KOITA DELFOUNESO

What I think we will see tonight:

RAYA

HENLEY HANLEY DUFFY OLSSON

GUTHRIE LOWE

BARROW MARSHALL CONWAY

DELFOUNESO

I haven't been impressed with Marshall in the hole, I much prefer him out wide but I assume Barrow has come to the club on a promise he will be starting games.

Once Bowyer has something in his head he seems determined to make it work I.E. Hanley & Duffy at CB and the 4-2-3-1 formation.

I think we will win tonight whatever we go with but I'd like to see us go at them, 4 - 4 - 2 with plenty of pace and power.

RAYA

KOITA DELFOUNESO

RAYA

GUTHRIE LOWE

BARROW MARSHALL CONWAY

DELFOUNESO

I haven't been impressed with Marshall in the hole, I much prefer him out wide but I assume Barrow has come to the club on a promise he will be starting games.

Once Bowyer has something in his head he seems determined to make it work I.E. Hanley & Duffy at CB and the 4-2-3-1 formation.

I think we will win tonight whatever we go with but I'd like to see us go at them, 4 - 4 - 2 with plenty of pace and power.

I think you are spot on with both teams. It's a real shame as I think the first team has far more balance and should be defensively better.

RAYA

KOITA DELFOUNESO

RAYA

GUTHRIE LOWE

BARROW MARSHALL CONWAY

DELFOUNESO

I agree with your comments re Marshall. I cannot grasp why GB constantly plays him out of position, the only times he looked on top of his game last season was when he was played as a winger, took the ball to the touch line and played provider to Rudy and Jockie Rhodes. I would not be surprised if GB plays him in goal tonight ;-)

I agree in thinking we should be playing two upfront for this game, the goal on Saturday showed that Koita and Delfouneso have the potential to link-up well. I thought it was Akpan who made a big difference to the team from the bench against Huddersfield as well hopefully he'll start alongside Guthrie in midfield and we might just have a more combative and creative central midfield pairing then we are use to.

Archived