BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cardiff At Home 18Th August

Tuesday will not be the pushover that some fans think - Cardiff did enough at QPR to suggest it could be a very difficult evening.

Bowyer has two big problems to resolve before he even thinks about formations.

Firstly, Lowe - surely there is no one who still thinks this guy is a 'proper footballer'. I expect Bowyer to bottle it by shunting his beloved 'son' to right back.

Secondly, you cannot have a centre back partnership like Hanley / Duffy where, IMO, their body language suggests there are personal issues between the two with Hanley the instigator. Despite this, I doubt Bowyer will change the partnership.

I think a point might be a bonus come Tuesday night.

I thought they looked too good for us at QPR too. Never gave up. Really enjoyed that.game too.

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, certainly a difference of opinions. Thought both defended really badly first half and were al over the place - no communication, poor marking, and dire distribution. Even in the second half Hudds had chances and it was as much them hoofing it more and panicking than an assured defensive display.

Agree many others could be dropped - Lowe, full backs, Guthrie and Marshall all could be dropped on that performance.

It's difficult to pick up on the communication watching via Rovers player, so if you saw that at the game, then fair enough.

Ultimately though, I still don't think they were that bad. Most of our defensive frailties came from our full backs or midfield.

I'll be honest though, I can't be bothered to watch it again, so I guess we will just have a difference of opinion on that one.

It's difficult to pick up on the communication watching via Rovers player, so if you saw that at the game, then fair enough.

Ultimately though, I still don't think they were that bad. Most of our defensive frailties came from our full backs or midfield.

I'll be honest though, I can't be bothered to watch it again, so I guess we will just have a difference of opinion on that one.

No problem with disagreeing especially if well argued and with no insults.

You won't get any arguments from me that full backs and midfield doesn't help. In fact I feel sorry for our keeper with the protection the outfield players offer. Think most discouraging with the centre backs is their lack of compatibility and working together. Lack of ability is one thing but when they visibly don't seem to be trying to work together you wonder if there's any way the partnership can improve. Same goes to an extent with their relationship to the keeper.

Firstly, Lowe - surely there is no one who still thinks this guy is a 'proper footballer'. I expect Bowyer to bottle it by shunting his beloved 'son' to right back.

Though I would persist with Henley - moving Lowe to right back may not be a bad call if they have height up front or on the wings - given his height it is very easy to isolate Henley.

I'm going to stick to my stall and boycott this match as a protest against Bowyer continuing as manager. He can't set up a team to save his life and it is not sufficient to reorganise every match after 60 minutes. It has to be the right starting 11. It will not be noticed but I have to do something and no I will not be letting someone else use my season ticket.

Sorry, but what a load of flannel, the club couldn't care less as long as your seats paid for whether there's somebody sat in it or not makes no difference to them, in fact it probably suits them better having one less fan there that is against bowyer, youd be better going and letting your feelings be known to those around you.

• Backroom

Sorry, but what a load of flannel, the club couldn't care less as long as your seats paid for whether there's somebody sat in it or not makes no difference to them, in fact it probably suits them better having one less fan there that is against bowyer, youd be better going and letting your feelings be known to those around you.

That's how easy it is to post with respect. THAT easy. Not just you TJ but several.

• Backroom

Don't be so patronising, I'll post how I see fit if that's ok with you sir

Yeah but it's not ok with me.

Play the ball not the man! Al is doing something for his own beliefs, not to make a massive difference but to stand up for what he believes in, I may not agree as such with the reasoning but I commend his commitment in seeing it through.

• Backroom

'Patronising' implies you already know how to post with respect. You and several on this mb are in danger of dragging what was a great place down to Roversmad levels.

'Mod-lite' works in the main, but it would be great if potshots weren't taken at every opportunity from the same posters, at the same posters and on every sodding thread.

It's SO easy to make your point without telling the other poster they're talking @#/?. It's the little things that help make this mb a decent place to be. Think I'll stick to reading for a while. Getting fed up of the constant bickering and acting more child-like than any ks2 chn I've taught.

Mike has backed you up so many times TJ I've lost count, most of the time he was completely wrong to do so in my opinion, so just have a bit of respect and self awareness.

We all have shed collapses, but most of us learn from those collapses :tu:

Al doesn't give 2 hoots what you think about him staying away, but he should be applauded for his stance, pity more don't take his lead in my opinion.

Can I also add he's a supporter thats been going since the 40's/50's, just imagine what it takes for him to boycott a game, nothing but respect for the guy, you should have to.

"Play the ball not the man"!

if anybody else other than me had made that post you probably wouldn't have batted an eyelid, Al can be one of the most abusive posters on the forum but mike seems to turn a blind eye to that though(not that there was anything personally abusive in my post anyway) this isn't an hippy commune or a infant/primary school classroom, its a place mainly used by hairy arsed blokes and we shouldn't have to talk fake and luvy just so as not to offend hyper sensitive types, theres nothing wrong with a bit of arguing but most of us know that there is a line and I try not to cross it much, I find the posters on here that moan about the arguing and bickering are usually quite passive aggressive themselves which imo is just snidy and a way of avoiding saying what you actually feel.

but anyways forget this nonsense,

I'm going to my 1st game of the season tomorrow and I'm gonna let myself enjoy it regardless of all the crap going on at the club(the crap mainly just being the shoddy manager though theses days)

Used by hairy arsed blokes , so add sexist to your ageist stuff this week alone .first game ? Only you could actually brag about that coming all the way from long shaw.

ABBEY becomes a Guardianista. You couldn't make it up.

Archived