BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 4

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got to love the change in attitude towards Gestede now that he is gone. He was touted as the all round striker ("that Rhodes isn't") and was definitely PL quality. Now he's a one trick pony and definitely playing at a level beyond his abilities! :lol:

When he left I said he'd struggle to get 10 goals....

• Backroom

is anybody thinking that Marshall or Rhodes might leave before the deadline?

Rhodes is always possible, but I can't see anybody shelling out the £14M up front that the owners apparently want for him.

Marshall... based on his form so far this season, unlikely. If his snub of Bowyer on Friday is true, though, then maybe we'll flog him to somebody.

is anybody thinking that Marshall or Rhodes might leave before the deadline?

Wednesday are very keen on Marshall, they could well be in for him before the deadline.

Rhodes going nowhere unless Sunderland stump up the full asking price which is unlikely.

That's how I see things.

With a massive rumour about Charlie Austin going to man United , you think we could get Wilson?

I hope we sell a few players ... Evans, Williamson, Lowe and maybe one of Osullivan or lehinhan if they are not going to be played ..get some loan's in ..doniel henry, James Wilson and nick Powell for me

He always struck me as a jumped up little pr!ck. And his old dad had too much to say for himself. But by God he could play. I suspect he's damaged goods now and there's no way he'll come back. Not yet anyway. Maybe another five years down the line when he has completely run out of options.

He always struck me as a jumped up little pr!ck. And his old dad had too much to say for himself. But by God he could play. I suspect he's damaged goods now and there's no way he'll come back. Not yet anyway. Maybe another five years down the line when he has completely run out of options.

From Wiki: In January 2012*, Hoilett was named one of the 13 players to watch in 2012 by world football governing body FIFA

* Note: whilst still at Rovers!

From that level to unwanted by QPR a wannabe big Club now in the Championship. What a dick.

• Backroom

With a massive rumour about Charlie Austin going to man United , you think we could get Wilson?

I hope we sell a few players ... Evans, Williamson, Lowe and maybe one of Osullivan or lehinhan if they are not going to be played ..get some loan's in ..doniel henry, James Wilson and nick Powell for me

United barely have any strikers as it is, so even if Austin goes there I can't see them letting any go. Rooney, Austin, Wilson will I'm guessing be their forward options for the season as Hernandez will surely leave before the window slams shut.

Just had a bad thought. If QPR sell Austin and get 15 million will they be desperate to replace him quickly with a proven goal scorer at Championship level?

If they come calling then I wouldn't accept anything less than £10m. If they don't stump up the cash we simply tell them "Chris Brown isn't going anywhere".

Mid-level bundesliga for Toilet.

Tbh be a cracking signing for the likes of most Championship sides, dare i say it but Dyche would sort him out.

40k per week though, seems to have put on the timber too.

I'd take him on loan.

I wouldn't have him anywhere near our club .

you have to laugh though - another of this class of player who thinks that somehow they are 'better than Blackburn Rovers' and need to express themselves elsewhere.

If only we had a management and back-room set up that could persuade players to see the reality of life elsewhere, so that players like Hoillet, Bentley and the like would stay to make the club the successful two fingered salute to the 'big clubs' that Jack envisaged :rover:

Archived