BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 4

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the basis of what I've seen to date what would improve the side the most is another central midfielder who can put themselves about and pass forwards (and bloody sell two of Lowe, Evans and Williamson) and a striker who has a decent scoring record even if its in League One. Nothing fancy. Just proper football players.

Our two biggest issues are 1) where are goals coming from 2) using the ball intelligently when in possession

On the upside defence is beginning to look decent (hope no one gets injured...) , and the wing options are fine. Signing McAnuff would be bizarre. But hey.

And that is the sort of thing I hate - what exactly has Bowyer done to you or Rovers ? When he came in we were at risk of relegation - with a squad overloaded with ex-premiership players on big wages putting in little effort. We now have a half decent squad - and have got rid of most of the big wage earners that were dragging the club down. Down I think GB needs replacing - of course - but he deserves far more respect for the job he has done.

Which position would you play him in - he is another Dunn (but not as good). His best position is behind the forward in a five man midfield - personally don't think he is good enough for a 4 man midfield - another potential Murphy for whichever club gets him.

I would say we are at more risk of relegation now

The Rhodes to Sheff Weds is doing the rounds again.

Good he can do one...

Like the lad allot and think he is a role model in the dying age sense.

£12.5 Million upfront though could come in handy with Nigey P and an embargo uplift! Future Wise...

Shame its Aug 31st.

Sell Rhodes and it's game over ...don't care what anyone else says ..he could be the difference of going down and staying up..I wouldent mind if we didn't already say no deal to another championship club while there was still time in the window to replace out of the embargo

But sell now with 24 hours left would be suicide and would seriously look dodgey

Good he can do one...

Like the lad allot and think he is a role model in the dying age sense.

£12.5 Million upfront though could come in handy with Nigey P and an embargo uplift! Future Wise...

Shame its Aug 31st.

Absolute Suicide.

Can our owners move that quickly to allow Rhodes to leave - and give GB the money to spend on a replacement ?

As if Bowyer will get any money to replace Rhodes :lol:

• Backroom

If Sheff Weds come in with £14M up front I would expect Rhodes to leave. Shaw/Bowyer have been trying to get him out the door for ages, and the owners aren't going to know about transfer deadline day and whatever else.

Actually a lot of talk about hudds trimming wage ect and a few of there fans said Vaughan and wells were going to be loaned out hopefully so chaddy isn't be far fetched

And yeah I just saw chicarito has left United too so no for Wilson then ..i still believe we nee another striker plus one centre back but only have one space left in the squad

• Backroom

If we could sell Marshall for the amount it would take to get us free of the embargo I would take it.

only turns up to play when he's in the mood which isn't all that often.

Should be nowhere near the team on current form.

• Backroom

Whilst Marshall hasn't exactly had a great start to the season, can we really afford to sell one of the few creative players we have left? We haven't got a team bursting with creativity and Marshall is one of very few players in our squad that can produce something out of the ordinary.

Archived