BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 4

All part of the old mates act. Their permanent transfers this summer are the sort we are interested in - McShane etc.

The additions of Vydra and Piazon are heavily subsidised deals achieved because Steve Clarke is well connected, not because Reading have suddenly raced ahead of us as a club.

Exactly and who is keanowyer connected to? No one!! That's the advantages of having a manager and not a youth team coach

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't surprise me if we tried to sign Adam Hammill.

Perfect Bowyer signing. A winger who came through the youth at Liverpool so will be known to Bowyer and his staff.

Just been released by Huddersfield.

Don't we have enough new signings he doesn't play?

Window Shut!

We'll probably pick someone up on a free (we can still do that, right?) or via another loan in the next few days. However, for a club supposedly in the middle of a financial cleansing, we sure are carrying a lot of mediocre central midfielders... That new deal for Williamson is looking more and more baffling.

We'll probably pick someone up on a free (we can still do that, right?) or via another loan in the next few days. However, for a club supposedly in the middle of a financial cleansing, we sure are carrying a lot of mediocre central midfielders... That new deal for Williamson is looking more and more baffling.

What new deal? I missed that

I was really hoping for Vaughan ..

He hasn't signed for Wigan yet. so maybe we could try to get him on loan when the loan window reopens on the 9th of September

All part of the old mates act. Their permanent transfers this summer are the sort we are interested in - McShane etc.

The additions of Vydra and Piazon are heavily subsidised deals achieved because Steve Clarke is well connected, not because Reading have suddenly raced ahead of us as a club.

Reading have paid a 2.5 mil pounds(supposedly) loan fee for Vydra, we cant pay loan fees due to this embargo.

That new deal for Williamson is looking more and more baffling.

I agree. we have 6 centre midfielders now and that's not including Lenihan, O'Sullivan or Taylor.

our transfer policy this summer seemed very unbalanced

The fact we are still under an embargo is nothing short of a disaster. Can write off the Jan window saving us.

I agree

Derby have spent 10 million pounds today on 2 centre midfielders in Bradley Johnson(Ex Norwich) and Jacob Butterfield(ex Huddersfield).

taking their spend over 20 mil pounds this summer.

It seems like they're trying the same gambit we speculated Boro were going for when they were trying to buy Rhodes; "FFP be damned, as long as we get into the PL next season we can spend as much money as we damn please." I'd love for them to fail.

The fact we are still under an embargo is nothing short of a disaster. Can write off the Jan window saving us.

Hmmm..............didn't stop Bowyer signing another seven players the majority of which I'm guessing will not see regular action. Also try telling that to managers like Gary Rowett who apparently can't afford to pay players 10k p.w.

Hmmm..............didn't stop Bowyer signing another seven players the majority of which I'm guessing will not see regular action. Also try telling that to managers like Gary Rowett who apparently can't afford to pay players 10k p.w.

Well if he hadn't have signed those 7 players we would have had a squad of 16. You ok with that?

The January window could save us, depending on the outcome of the review of our accounts in November. Given we have pocketed £10 million, reduced the wage bill and not spent a penny this summer or in January I think that heads should roll if it doesn't get lifted.

Nobody else has earned as much through sales this summer and everyone else has spent money.

No doubt that they will let Forest get back spending now they have sold one player whilst we will remain embargoed and Derby spend another £10 million and the League can keep up the sham. Pats on the back all round for the boys at FLHQ whilst making an example of those naughty overspenders Blackburn. It's just not fair what we did!

To be fair, Williamson looked the pick of our central midfielders last year, so I wasn't surprised when he was given a new deal, what's baffling to me is that he isn't starting in preference to Lowe and Evans.

Williamson, Chris Taylor and Lenihan must be kicking themselves for signing new deals this summer as it looks very unlikely they'll see much if any game time at all.

Archived