BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 4

Chris Taylor is fit and training, he's a new signing as he signed when contract had expired and havent featured so I hope he can make an impact in the midfeld.

The competition for places in midfeld hopefully will remove Lowe from there as he isnt good enough.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He may have only played 3 games for us last time but Henry was impressive. I would like us to utililise that final spot and bring him in.

Won't happen... Bowyer will find ANOTHER defensive mid to stick on the bench.

What we need to happen is for the owners to decide GB isn't the man... But of course there is no chance of that!

Scan and e mail, much quicker.

Place paper in fax, dial number, press send

Lift scanner lid, place paper in scanner, open scanner software, click scan, wait 5 minutes for scanner to snail across page, open email software, add email recipients address, attach scanned image, write email, click send.....sending fails because crappy BT Broadband has disconnected again :D

Ah yes much quicker ;)

Place paper in fax, dial number, press send

Lift scanner lid, place paper in scanner, open scanner software, click scan, wait 5 minutes for scanner to snail across page, open email software, add email recipients address, attach scanned image, write email, click send.....sending fails because crappy BT Broadband has disconnected again :D

Ah yes much quicker ;)

Turboscan app on iPhone, 30 seconds pal!

It seems like they're trying the same gambit we speculated Boro were going for when they were trying to buy Rhodes; "FFP be damned, as long as we get into the PL next season we can spend as much money as we damn please." I'd love for them to fail.

I thought that clubs had to submit accounts at December 2015 with losses of less than £6m?

Guess they might be under embargo for January and hoping for promotion, when i'd assume the embargo would be lifted.

It is a ridiculous situation where clubs are spending more than ever in the Championship, FFP has been a resounding failure. Rovers & Forrest being the fall guys.

Rhodes stays again. Just how many windows does Mercerman need?

So goading Mercerman when something happens, despite him not posting anything at the time, is ok, but if someone does the same to Chaddy or Parson, that's not OK..?

Anyway, back on topic, hopefully we can get a center back (Henry?) and a striker to replace Gestede in on loan. Keeping Rhodes was a big plus, but not overly enamored with the rest of our business this window. Perhaps the best thing we can do now the window is shut is either hope Gaz has a tactical epiphany, or bin him off now, spend the international break getting a replacement in that has a few contacts and a clue about tactics and try and salvage the awful start to the season whilst the loan market is open.

So goading Mercerman when something happens, despite him not posting anything at the time, is ok, but if someone does the same to Chaddy or Parson, that's not OK..?

It was a little joke. So little in fact that it had dissipated after a couple of posts. That is until you resurected it. "Goading"? Oh well.

When I haunt Mercerman's every post (like Chaddy gets) or make unprovoked personal remarks about someone who is by most sensible estimations a very reasonable poster (Parson) then by all means point it out or, better still report the offending post(s).

Anyway, back on topic

Quite.

Just on Antonio, I saw him several times for Sheff Wednesday a few seasons ago and he was ok, but nothing special, bit of pace no end product in a very poor Wednesday side.

He must have come on leaps and bounds since then to be picked up by West Ham for 7m :wacko:

• Backroom

Just on Antonio, I saw him several times for Sheff Wednesday a few seasons ago and he was ok, but nothing special, bit of pace no end product in a very poor Wednesday side.

He must have come on leaps and bounds since then to be picked up by West Ham for 7m :wacko:

£7m is nothing in today's market Gav. The current TV deal has made anything below £10m an acceptable risk.

Heard his stats the other day - 50 odd games - and around 15 goals and 15 assists.

Didn't Wham pay way more than £7 million for Jarvis few years ago? He did absolutely nothing and was yesterday loaned to Norwich. West Ham actually has a good squad but why they wanted to get rid of Downing is beyond me.

They didn't - Downing wanted to go back to Boro and get them promoted whilst he was still good enough. West Ham offered him a new contract and he rejected it.

I watched him earlier this season on TV against Brighton, he's a beast very strong, quick and direct. The one criticism of him that day was that he's a bit of a 'head down merchant' but he's certainly a handful.

I doubt Murphy is talking about Rovers. A 'move' suggests he got a transfer elsewhere, but his contract here was terminated and he retired.

If he said he signed the non-disclosure and retired then that would be a bit obvious - and thus probably in breach of the non-disclosure!!

• Moderation Lead

I doubt Murphy is talking about Rovers. A 'move' suggests he got a transfer elsewhere, but his contract here was terminated and he retired.

He retired against Peterborough at home, just didn't tell anyone until the end of the season.

Archived