BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 4

I think the bottom line Abbey is nobody cares, the owners don't care so why should the employees?

The clubs dying pal and nobody seems all that bothered.

The owners didn't do anything to stop the inevitable slide from the Premiership under Kean. Chances are they won't even notice when we slip into League 1.

Think i'd rather be supporting a club doing it's best - whatever level that is - rather than suffering like this.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, to be honest I think I'd prefer a happy, fan-owned rovers in a lower league than a continously struggling venky owned rovers in the championship

Couldn't agree more Lewis and it may well happen if Venkys sod off, we live more in hope than expectation.

A guy we deal with at work had a table for years in the JW stand. However when we got relegated he didn't renew. He said the atmosphere created by the fans that season wasn't an appropriate environment for corporate entertainment.

See. It's the fans fault they are empty :-)

A guy we deal with at work had a table for years in the JW stand. However when we got relegated he didn't renew. He said the atmosphere created by the fans that season wasn't an appropriate environment for corporate entertainment.

See. It's the fans fault they are empty :-)

Sounds like he fancied the Premiership not the Championship.

Sounds like he fancied the Premiership not the Championship.

tbh Gav the whole corporate football experience is old hat now. It's hard enough getting guests for Premier League matches except when the really big clubs come to town but Championship football simply isn't an attraction for corporate guests these days. that chap would be wise to treat his guests elsewhere. If football is to be offered then an example is that a lunch at Northcote / Stanley House and a posh limo taxi down is more attractive to business people (than the corporate package on offer which is fine and better suited to the Public sector punters :P ), costs similar and is far better received.

I've got an invite for the United v Liverpool game in a few weeks, they're struggling to fill a box for that game by the sounds of it.

But you're right about corporate hospitality being old hat, they'll invite anyone these days to make up the numbers :tu:

Boxes are plenty empty . Nobber and Myers are to busy basting chicken gravy up their giblet not see all this . Both are to thick to try and rev some interest up.

Both are not fit for office and the thick clickers in India are too stupid to see

I think the bottom line is that the product on the field play is crap - IMV, you struggle to find any clients / customers who want 'entertaining' at Ewood these days. Similarly, I've lost count of the number of freebies I've turned down over the last 3 years to watch Rovers both home and away.

These facilities are still relatively expensive and I think there are far better ways, and cheaper, of entertaining clients / customers.

It's not 'crap' mercer. It's just a standard below what we are used to and one that the media and press ignore in their continuing mission to reduce football to the CL, the Premier League and nowt else.

Seems my home truths have opened a can of worms. tbqh I'd rather watch from my usual seat and have a few bevvies in the local afterwards discussing the match than any of that suited and booted malarky.

It's not 'crap' mercer.

Some people are just easily entertained... 'Crap' is being kind in my opinion and if you thought anything different when we played Shrewsbury then you you need a straight jacket fella.

I don't normally comment on things I haven't seen, so I'll just say that if the stuff on the pitch this season is anything like last, then crap is a very polite way of describing it. It's not just because it's technically below what we're used to. It's because the players we have are not playing to their potential in a team system that gets the best out of them and makes the team better than the sum of the individual parts.

I don't normally comment on things I haven't seen, so I'll just say that if the stuff on the pitch this season is anything like last, then crap is a very polite way of describing it. It's not just because it's technically below what we're used to. It's because the players we have are not playing to their potential in a team system that gets the best out of them and makes the team better than the sum of the individual parts.

It's exactly the same style:

Boot it from back to front.

Hoof the ball into the channels, in the hope we win a throw, corner or free-kick.

Mainly pass backwards and sideways.

When forward/ through balls are tried, they are often intercepted, with ease.

• Backroom

Judging from the majority of comments in the match day threads from those who went (and even Parson's reports at times) "crap" is a fair way of describing the way we play football. The proof is in the pudding, as they say - how many games have we won this season?

Judging from the majority of comments in the match day threads from those who went (and even Parson's reports at times) "crap" is a fair way of describing the way we play football. The proof is in the pudding, as they say - how many games have we won this season?

It's beyond grim, DE.

It's painfully clear we have a relegation rabble of a squad.

Cant see a consistent run of results being achieved, under the current coaching staff.

Our only hope is ; we appoint a manager and leader, who could devise a couple of specifically tailored proactive tactics, aimed entirely at realising rewards from our limited strengths.

I think "crap" qualifies as understatement!

I never thought I would say this but I come away from matches these days in much the same mood whether we have won, lost or drawn. It doesn't seem to matter any more. Bowyers tactics and team selection have killed my enthusiasm. I have my season ticket for this season but if Bowyer is still manager at the end of this season then that's it for me. I have supported them since the 1940's but the current manager and his crop of failures have done it for me. It will be the end of an era but I cannot take much more of this couldn't care less attitude.

tbh Gav the whole corporate football experience is old hat now. It's hard enough getting guests for Premier League matches except when the really big clubs come to town but Championship football simply isn't an attraction for corporate guests these days. that chap would be wise to treat his guests elsewhere. If football is to be offered then an example is that a lunch at Northcote / Stanley House and a posh limo taxi down is more attractive to business people (than the corporate package on offer which is fine and better suited to the Public sector punters :P ), costs similar and is far better received.

Fully agree. It has never been good value. The meal alone being warm and edible is viewed with pleasant suprise.

Disagree that our product isn't crap. There is simply no other way to describe the turgid football on show, totally devoid of ideas, with little thought or organisation and often zero creativity and enjoyment. Getting beat, or dropping points each week. It's shockingly poor, reflected in the general mood and lack of atmosphere amongst the falling crowds on match-days.

It's beyond grim, DE.

It's painfully clear we have a relegation rabble of a squad.

Cant see a consistent run of results being achieved, under the current coaching staff.

Our only hope is ; we appoint a manager and leader, who could devise a couple of specifically tailored proactive tactics, aimed entirely at realising rewards from our limited strengths.

I disagree about the squad being a relegation rabble.

The issue is the current manager does not know how to make the best of the players at his disposal.

We need pace - so he leaves them on the bench.

We need drive - he leaves our best forward thinking midfielder on the bench.

His ideology of play Jason Lowe in that central berth is simply unexplainable. Lowe brings nothing to the team only DANGER to his own defence, YET he plays every game and takes up a vital position alongside another DEFENSIVE midfielder. Rovers can not afford to have such a glaring gap in midfield because teams simply overrun us through the middle.

We have conceded goals through the middle versus Wolves and Cardiff. We have conceded silly avoidable goals versus Brighton and Huddersfield.

Put a well versed manager who has a clue about tactics, how to send a team out to win be it ugly or with nice flowing football, play players in their right positions and you have a winning formula.

Now I am no expert, but this is simple basic footballing stuff. We played it on the local parks at Sunday league level, it works. We played it at school it works. Bowyer doesn't play it and guess what? IT DOESNT BLOODY WORK.

Until that bit is fixed we are heading for another fall and a seriously defining period in the clubs livelihood for which we are unlikely to survive.

I think I made the point on another thread that members of this side would struggle to get into most sides from the 70's and 80's before Jack came in and that says it all for me.

I'm more than happy to watch Blackburn Rovers playing conference football if the players are putting 100% in with limited ability, but due to poor coaching, tactics and management it does seem to me like plenty of the squad are on easy street, and are some are not even Championship quality.

That first half against Bolton was worse than anything I saw last season, the second half wasn't much better, thats my take on things.

I disagree about the squad being a relegation rabble.

My point was we are low on quality and ability overall.

Players with proven talents:

Ollson

Marshall

Conway

Rhodes

The rest haven't shown any consistent quality (BOTH AT ROVERS AND THROUGHOUT THEIR CAREERS). I think if we all analysed them individually and comparatively, it would spell out the danger.

It's all about individual player development down there these days. I think that may be the emphasis on the training ground. If Hanley continues to play well then if the right bid comes in next window he'll be off. Pats on the back all around, maybe a nice bit of commission then on to the next one. Owners to ignorant to realise this type of thing won't continue and the team continues to downgrade and suffer in the league. They ain't watchin it though so they won't give a @#/? !

Archived