BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 4

• Moderation Lead

Whether or not Swansea's decision to recall Barrow has been influenced by him not starting games at Rovers we will never know.

What we do know is that he was another victim of Gary's tombola selection system whilst he was here.

Bowyer isn't for life, it just feels like it.

I must admit I largely agree with this.

Quite why, when Bowyer has bemoaned a lack of pace then not utilised players with pace enough, I don't know.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After Swansea allowed Nathan Dyer to move on a season long loan to Leicester City on deadline day it was always likely that Barrow would be recalled to cover the gap left by Dyer, particularly as Barrow was included in their 25 man Premier League squad for the first half of the season.

Not surprised by anything that emerges from our football club. IMV, it's all shambolic with operations 'directed' by a fifth rate Exec. Management and the football side managed by Bowyer and his dumbed down coaching staff who are all so far out of their depth that it's embarrassing.

I think we are regressing at mach 2 speed and our situation seems hopeless.

then not utilised players with pace enough, I don't know.

Been here 28 days, out of 5 games possible started 1 and came on as sub in 4 others. Hardly "not utilising" is it?

He could've started more in place of either Conway or Marshall but to me it makes little sense especially when Conway looked good.

Definite case for Marshalls position after 5 league performances below par. I'm afraid we will never know now.

Let's not ignore the true facts here. Loan deals don't generally have recall clauses when they include loan fees. Guess what we can't pay at minute? Dyer leaving is the perfect excuse for them to take him back.

Hopefully we have some sort of replacement lined up because I still think we need more options out wide, particularly the right (regardless of the usual "sarcasm" on here).

Marshall needs to buck up otherwise.

Not surprised by anything that emerges from our football club. IMV, it's all shambolic with operations 'directed' by a fifth rate Exec. Management and the football side managed by Bowyer and his dumbed down coaching staff who are all so far out of their depth that it's embarrassing.

Any excuse to remind us eh!

Wouldn't be shocked if they took him back due to him not playing he may as well sit on their bench as ours!

Poor do by GB

That thought had crossed my mind too. I am sure they farmed him out to get games

Whether or not Swansea's decision to recall Barrow has been influenced by him not starting games at Rovers we will never know.

What we do know is that he was another victim of Gary's tombola selection system whilst he was here.

Bowyer isn't for life, it just feels like it.

Id say victim of GB having a core group who are never put in the tombola, just automatic picks. Regardless if how crap they are or how decent the other player may be.

After Swansea allowed Nathan Dyer to move on a season long loan to Leicester City on deadline day it was always likely that Barrow would be recalled to cover the gap left by Dyer, particularly as Barrow was included in their 25 man Premier League squad for the first half of the season.

Spot on ..Dyer cant be recalled but it was muted by the press that they could recall Barrow and it would most probably happen.Not really a surprise and more to do with Swansea needing him rather than lack of game time at Rovers.

Spot on ..Dyer cant be recalled but it was muted by the press that they could recall Barrow and it would most probably happen.Not really a surprise and more to do with Swansea needing him rather than lack of game time at Rovers.

We will never know. Perhaps the fact that Barrow wasn't getting a starting place at Rovers influenced Monk to loan Dyer out and recall Barrow?

In any event why bother signing a promising Premier League winger on loan only to bench him?

Typical Bowyer.

PS It will be telling if Swansea allow Barrow to go out on loan to another club in the near future.

So you weren't surprised that we kept hold of Rhodes then?? Kinda flys in the face of your previous comments on the subject.

The Barrow situation is just rank bad poor management and is typical of what we are seeing from both GB and DS.

In a team that is desperately short of pace we secure one of the fastest players in the league and then don't play him. Absolutely unbelievable! Yes I know some will say he didn't perform but he had to be given game time to blend.

Swansea have so called, called him back because Dyer has moved on but if I where Swansea, I would have called him back anyway because he might as well warm their bench rather than ours.

Something needs to be done and done quick or the Johnstons paint trophy will be all the club can aspire to!

It wouldn't surprise me at all to see Barrow loaned out again to another club.

GB is looking more and more clueless. We were told that we couldn't afford loan fees for PL players then we get one and don't use him. Scandalous.

4-2-3-1 for all pre-season.

Back to 4-4-2 after 5 games.

Bowyer logic.

Thats has really annoyed me tbh.

Why played all preseason 4-2-3-1 formation and why change back to 4-4-2 after 2 games.

I thought Marshall would be ideal in the number 10 role but it hasnt worked at all.

I still dont understand why we Re sign Lee Williamson for another season and we sign 3 centre midfielders this summer.

I like the Guthrie and Akpan signings.

Evans looked a different player yesterday playing for N.Ireland to the one who play for Rovers.

Plus I think we should bringing through players like Tomlinson, Nyambe, Mansell and Mahoney into the 1st team.

Why played all preseason 4-2-3-1 formation and why change back to 4-4-2 after 2 games.

I thought Marshall would be ideal in the number 10 role but it hasnt worked at all.

I still dont understand why we Re sign Lee Williamson for another season and we sign 3 centre midfielders this summer.

Evans looked a different player yesterday playing for N.Ireland to the one who play for Rovers.

Plus I think we should bringing through players like Tomlinson, Nyambe, Mansell and Mahoney into the 1st team.

Not playing the only centre mid who can put his foot on the ball and do something in Guthrie and playing Lowe and/or Evans is another huge frustration.

Panic from an inexperienced manager.

But Bowyer has been an inexperienced manager for longer than I was a virgin.

Anyway, heartbreaking to see the 87/8 Div 2 side offered as an alternative to today's non-entities.

Nobody from Chairman to laundryman of today's Rovers would get into the Ewood set-up in 87/8. We really are that bad now.

I have been thinking about this chaddy. Evans came here highly rated and with decent pedigree. He looks terrible playing for Rovers and I'm not sure it's because he's a poor player, but because of the set up and what's going on around him. I think he would no doubt improve under a better manager.

Archived