BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 4

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He retired at Fulham , at Rovers he was a fraud !

He has never been a top player. He was sussed at Liverpool and has plodded around in a nice safe deep midfield position for the rest of his career living simply off the Liverpol connection. Stevie G was significantly better than Murphy of course but that same Liverpool association turned him into a real worldie in many peoples opinion.

The more I think about it the more i hate modern day football and modern day footballers.

Its common practice to silence players with 'hush money' how can that be right? and to their credit the clubs doing the silencing seem to do a good job of it as hardly any players come out and spill the beans.

If I was David Dunn I'd spill my guts to the Telegraph over whats gone on since those idiots in Pune took over, you'd hope he's nothing to lose having left, but who knows.

He has never been a top player. He was sussed at Liverpool and has plodded around in a nice safe deep midfield position for the rest of his career living simply off the Liverpol connection. Stevie G was significantly better than Murphy of course but that same Liverpool association turned him into a real worldie in many peoples opinion.

He cemented his reputation at Liverpool with 3 winners at Old Trafford in 4 years.

Those memorable moments hid a very average midfielder.

(for similar happenings at Ewood see MGP)

The more I think about it the more i hate modern day football and modern day footballers.

Its common practice to silence players with 'hush money' how can that be right? and to their credit the clubs doing the silencing seem to do a good job of it as hardly any players come out and spill the beans.

If I was David Dunn I'd spill my guts to the Telegraph over whats gone on since those idiots in Pune took over, you'd hope he's nothing to lose having left, but who knows.

Sorry to skirt around your point GAV. But on the subject of modern day football, it's absolute poison. Honestly it's like smack. If I wasn't already addicted I'd never give it a second thought. Just to be clear, I'm not addicted to smack. I can take it or leave it. I'm more accustomed to honking on my cracking pipe to be honest. Anyway, my point was modern day football being rotten. Just look at the interview that Dick Van Dijk gave after signing for Southampton. The club forked out a mere 11m quid for him. First interview he says phrases like 'perfect for my development' and refers to the club as a 'step'. I just don't see a cure for this mess. When an old school manager like Van Gaal is forking out what could be over 50m for a teenager I've never heard of, what hope is there that we could get our game back? Heartbreaking really.

Last week on talksport Danny Murphy wasnt very kind when talking about "people in power" at Fulham and how they dont look after current and former players ... at a guess i think its likely he was referring to them again

Sorry to skirt around your point GAV. But on the subject of modern day football, it's absolute poison. Honestly it's like smack. If I wasn't already addicted I'd never give it a second thought. Just to be clear, I'm not addicted to smack. I can take it or leave it. I'm more accustomed to honking on my cracking pipe to be honest. Anyway, my point was modern day football being rotten. Just look at the interview that Dick Van Dijk gave after signing for Southampton. The club forked out a mere 11m quid for him. First interview he says phrases like 'perfect for my development' and refers to the club as a 'step'. I just don't see a cure for this mess. When an old school manager like Van Gaal is forking out what could be over 50m for a teenager I've never heard of, what hope is there that we could get our game back? Heartbreaking really.

Especially as FFP is supposed to be reigning all that stupid spending in. No doubt linked to the increased media package it's quite revealing that the transfer window has set a record high spending figure.

Last week on talksport Danny Murphy wasnt very kind when talking about "people in power" at Fulham and how they dont look after current and former players ... at a guess i think its likely he was referring to them again

So thats two non disclosure pay outs in two years on top of wages and signing on fees? Nice work Danny! No wonder he's not naming names is it? More fool football clubs and football supporters for providing their ill gotten gains.

Big story down here at the moment is Saido Berhino who has thrown his toys out of the pram after West Brom rejected a 22m bid from Spurs.

Berhino took to social media to announce he'll never play for chairman Jeremy Peace again, Peace claimed Spurs had tapped him up and got the player to kick up a fuss so he'd get to leave on the cheap.

No matter what the facts of the matter are, this lad has been at West Brom since he was 12yrs old, how can he even think its acceptable to go on strike and make outlandish claims on social media? someone wants to smack him round the head and tell him to wake up!

They're on another planet today, ruled by agents and greed, its killing it for me, it really is.

Big story down here at the moment is Saido Berhino who has thrown his toys out of the pram after West Brom rejected a 22m bid from Spurs.

Berhino took to social media to announce he'll never play for chairman Jeremy Peace again, Peace claimed Spurs had tapped him up and got the player to kick up a fuss so he'd get to leave on the cheap.

No matter what the facts of the matter are, this lad has been at West Brom since he was 12yrs old, how can he even think its acceptable to go on strike and make outlandish claims on social media? someone wants to smack him round the head and tell him to wake up!

They're on another planet today, ruled by agents and greed, its killing it for me, it really is.

I might well be wrong, and if I am I apologise, but didn't he come to England from somewhere riddled with civil war? If that is right then it just highlights how the greedy nature football today can even poison those who should know they're on to a good thing.

You say that, but the fact that Jeremy Peace & Bill Kenwright haven't bowed to player power is surely a good sign, no?

Yeah I guess that's the flip side. And it is good to see some clubs making a stand.

You say that, but the fact that Jeremy Peace & Bill Kenwright haven't bowed to player power is surely a good sign, no?

Absolutely, but still doesn't take away the fact that a lad thats been at a club for 10yrs still thinks its acceptable to 'strike' if he doesn't get his own way, he's not another Gestede who walked in scored a few and walked out in record time, this lads been nurtured for 10yrs by West Brom and still no loyalty.

I might well be wrong, and if I am I apologise, but didn't he come to England from somewhere riddled with civil war? If that is right then it just highlights how the greedy nature football today can even poison those who should know they're on to a good thing.

I don't think it matters where he came from or how he got there PV,

He should have some bl00dy respect, we hear of this type of behavior all the time and very few just get their heads down like Rhodes and do their job.

Absolutely, but still doesn't take away the fact that a lad thats been at a club for 10yrs still thinks its acceptable to 'strike' if he doesn't get his own way, he's not another Gestede who walked in scored a few and walked out in record time, this lads been nurtured for 10yrs by West Brom and still no loyalty.

Money talks, loyalty doesn't exist anymore. The PL is a law unto itself.

It is but another side is that by applauding them do we have to applaud Venkys for digging their heels in over Rhodes? *shudder*

Do we ****, you cheeky sod :D

Without Rhodes we'd have gone down, with him we'll just about stay up, but we're still dying a slow death.

Daniel Levy at Spurs was up to his usual tricks according to a reporter on the radio tonight, small down payment and the rest spread

over a long period with plenty of caveats, I doubt Jeremy Peace will be doing business with Spurs again anytime soon.

He should come here then, we've got plenty of spare ones.

I actually commented against Bolton just how empty the Jack Walker stand corporate seats were, hardly saw a single person sat behind the glass from Blackburn End to the tunnel throughout the entire game.

Boxes are plenty empty . Nobber and Myers are to busy basting chicken gravy up their giblet not see all this . Both are to thick to try and rev some interest up.

Both are not fit for office and the thick clickers in India are too stupid to see

Boxes are plenty empty . Nobber and Myers are to busy basting chicken gravy up their giblet not see all this . Both are to thick to try and rev some interest up.

Both are not fit for office and the thick clickers in India are too stupid to see

I think the bottom line Abbey is nobody cares, the owners don't care so why should the employees?

The clubs dying pal and nobody seems all that bothered.

Archived