BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 4

Got to love the change in attitude towards Gestede now that he is gone. He was touted as the all round striker ("that Rhodes isn't") and was definitely PL quality. Now he's a one trick pony and definitely playing at a level beyond his abilities! :lol:

Not by me. I've said from the off that he's limited on the ground but supreme in the air. One thing he did bring to the party was the ability to play target man and hold the ball up for his team mates. Rem he was leading scorer last season and although it's impossible to say with any certainty I believe that if we'd sold Rhodes and kept him we'd have more points on the board now. Pretty sure we'd have beaten Bolton given the number of crosses that were flighted across the box and the number of times a BRFC player headed over the bar.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cmon Den the love last year was that Rudy was the next Messiah and Rhodes was a dustbin. You are changing brfcs history.

He's not able to change the scoring record last season though Abbey. That's down in black and white forever. :rover:

Must say with one between them and no one else even close I prob do sound churlish, but then so do you and a number of others coming from the opp direction.

Nobody is comparing them with each other. Just that one was meant to be PL quality and the other not. Now that Gestede has left he's Championship quality again.

Please pay more attention Stuart. I've already explained this here...

http://www.brfcc.com/mb/index.php/topic/30368-transfer-talk/?p=1536708

Gestede has one true Premier league level skill whilst JR has far too many weaknesses to play at that level.

Franz Carr Mk2. All that talent and no grey matter to help utilise it. Many players who have their father as an agent / manager frequently see their career to go tits up imo. Same happened I think with Andy Crawford and of course the next Chris Smalling also never made it did he? :lol:

Hoilett has totally wasted his career. On his day superb, has all the tools - pace, skill, two footed - but a lack of application and maturity has screwed him. Shame.

I think those are the failings that Big Sam saw in him and was attempting to correct when he was binned off by Anderson. Attitude is so important and Kean was never going to improve that was he?

I was never seduced by the Hoillet phenomenon. Scored the odd decent goal, but could count the number of standout performances on one hand.

Speed but lacked composure and mostly with a disappointing end product.

If he hadn't been blessed with pace, he'd never have made it as a footballer.

"quick.. but s***?"

I was never seduced by the Hoillet phenomenon. Scored the odd decent goal, but could count the number of standout performances on one hand.

Speed but lacked composure and mostly with a disappointing end product.

If he hadn't been blessed with pace, he'd never have made it as a footballer.

"quick.. but s***?"

Hoilett is just another example of a quick attacking player with no end product, Lennons another, Kings wasn't as good as Hoilett.

Like you say beans, no pace = no football career.

Gestede has one true Premier league level skill whilst JR has far too many weaknesses to play at that level.

Well he didn't when he was at Cardiff in the PL, and i suspect he will revert back to what he was, not pulling up trees at villa so far is he.

Tugay

Sorry I was referring to speed merchants like Hoilett, Lennon and King, if they had no pace they'd have no football career.

Anyway all quiet on the transfer front, not bothered about incomings, won't make a difference to our season, but outgoings could be disastrous.

Sorry, Gordon, even if I did have the inclination to trawl back through all of your posts, you change your mind so often these days it's hard to keep up.

I seem to recall back in early May you still thought Venkys were bad news but perhaps you'll dig out another email to show otherwise?

Archived