BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 4

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good he can do one...

Like the lad allot and think he is a role model in the dying age sense.

£12.5 Million upfront though could come in handy with Nigey P and an embargo uplift! Future Wise...

Shame its Aug 31st.

I think any manager who might consider us would only do so if Rhodes remains unless they are going to get all the cash to play with. On the other hand maybe they are now looking to sell in order to bring in a new gaffer and indeed give him the dosh to spend. Most likely it's his agents and those at the club who want rid just trying to set up a last min deal to try and tempt Venkys to sell.

Blackburn striker Jordan Rhodes has been the central figure in the Sky Bet Championship's main transfer saga this summer. The Scotland international has been reportedly linked with Middlesbrough and Aitor Karanka's side are the 6/1 favourites to complete a deal before the window slams shut. Sunderland (8/1) and Sheffield Wednesday (10/1) are also in the running for the forward and it's the Owls who could complete a surprise swoop. Wednesday look set to be frustrated in their bid for Fulham's Ross McCormack and Rhodes provides an exciting alternative.

Most likely outcome: Joins Sheffield Wednesday

this is from:- http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11096/9973518/charlie-austin-saido-berahino-zlatan-ibrahimovic-sky-bets-deadline-day-verdict

also now Rhodes odds to join Sheffield Wednesday is down to 4/1

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/jordan-rhodes/club-after-summer-transfer-window

I think any manager who might consider us would only do so if Rhodes remains unless they are going to get all the cash to play with. On the other hand maybe they are now looking to sell in order to bring in a new gaffer and indeed give him the dosh to spend. Most likely it's his agents and those at the club who want rid just trying to set up a last min deal to try and tempt Venkys to sell.

Nail on the head...

Blackburn striker Jordan Rhodes has been the central figure in the Sky Bet Championship's main transfer saga this summer. The Scotland international has been reportedly linked with Middlesbrough and Aitor Karanka's side are the 6/1 favourites to complete a deal before the window slams shut. Sunderland (8/1) and Sheffield Wednesday (10/1) are also in the running for the forward and it's the Owls who could complete a surprise swoop. Wednesday look set to be frustrated in their bid for Fulham's Ross McCormack and Rhodes provides an exciting alternative.

this is from:- http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11096/9973518/charlie-austin-saido-berahino-zlatan-ibrahimovic-sky-bets-deadline-day-verdict

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/jordan-rhodes/club-after-summer-transfer-window

Nothing is 'likely' where Venkys are concerned.

4/1? What are the odds of him staying at Rovers?

Surely not even the dumbest of dumb clubs would sell their best player on the last day of the transfer window without it being possible to replace him.

Sky Sports news reporting on transfers in SkyBet championship, a league televised by the same. Don't people get it?

Nothing is 'likely' where Venkys are concerned.

I agree there

4/1? What are the odds of him staying at Rovers?

1/4

Surely not even the dumbest of dumb clubs would sell their best player on the last day of the transfer window without it being possible to replace him.

if we sold Rhodes then we would be out of embargo then. and allowed to buy players for cash. but it would be CRAZY TIME to decide sell Rhodes on the last day of the window.

But I would not be surprise Marshall was sold tomorrow. He looked like he wants out and doesn't want to play here anymore

We sold Samba after the English January window had shut!

and we couldn't replace him.

left us with Dann, Hanley and Givet

Whilst Marshall hasn't exactly had a great start to the season, can we really afford to sell one of the few creative players we have left? We haven't got a team bursting with creativity and Marshall is one of very few players in our squad that can produce something out of the ordinary.

I know what you mean. Can't see Swansea being keen on extending the loan, especially when we don't play him when he plays well! Could leave us with very little creativity.

But selling Rhodes would be even worse Imo. No strikers likely to score double figures if he goes.

Or Hanley for that matter as we'd be left with only 2 cb. Tough choice who you'd sell to get out of the embargo.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Hanley, Marshall and Rhodes sold without replacement, such is my lack of faith in the competence of the current bunch of clowns running the show down at Ewood. Tough times ahead in any case, but almost impossible times if our key players are sold off.

Bunch of ass-clowns.

:rover:

It really is pointless selling anyone at this stage.

The argument that it might be worth doing so to exit the embargo doesn't count for anything when it is the last day of the window. Even if we suddenly had a £10 million kitty to spend time constraints would mean the chances of us bringing in any kind of adequate replacement in the last day would be zero.

The earliest we can be active in the market again is January. We'd be better going with what we have, hope that the £10 million cash is sufficient to lift the embargo, if it isn't then sack Shaw for failing in his role to get us FUP compliant. If it is enough to lift the embargo (which it should be) then we don't need to sell any more players to comply anyway.

It doesn't matter if Marshall 'wants out'. If he goes he won't be replaced until January at the earliest. If he does go its going to be to a Championship rival. I'd sooner have him under performing at Rovers than performing for a rival. We can assess the situation again ahead of the January window.

Having said all that I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave, then the club will trot out all the usual excuses and bemoan our situation whilst similar sized clubs like Sheff Weds and Fulham go around throwing millions at being mid-table sides.

Not going to happen but I wish we could get Alex Pritchard on loan, he would be perfect. Although maybe a defender is more important now.

We need loans who can make an immediate impact for whole the season. 3 months is useless.

Not going to happen but I wish we could get Alex Pritchard on loan, he would be perfect. Although maybe a defender is more important now.

We need loans who can make an immediate impact for whole the season. 3 months is useless.

Gaz has brought in Barrow and Lawrence and already both find themselves out of the team. Same with Guthrie. Guy hasn't got a clue what we need or what his best team is. The tombola includes signings these days it would seem.

Archived