BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Marcus Bent

Gav

When we signed him, a friend of mine, who was a professional footballer and still playing at the time, said he will cause havoc in your dressing room. In fairness, I never heard of him creating any trouble whilst with us, but moving club as often as he did speaks volumes. It is a shame that someone with a talent, can't waste it like he clearly has.

Disagree. For ssomeone who was decent but not spectacular in the championship for us, over 180 premier league appearances is not wasting his talent. I can't see that he had the tools to be an international or play for a top 6 side if he had applied himself differently.

Disagree. For ssomeone who was decent but not spectacular in the championship for us, over 180 premier league appearances is not wasting his talent. I can't see that he had the tools to be an international or play for a top 6 side if he had applied himself differently.

I didn't mean during his playing days. An ex footballer can be doing a lot more with his time after playing, than what Marcus is currently. Putting something back into the game for example, by coaching kids, or even a match day host, like some ex players. Anything basically, other than falling foul of the law and being involved in the drugs scene!

I liked Marcus while was with us....

Just an aside; is it my paranoia, but why do disgraced players who have been around the block always appear in the papers with a Rovers shirt on..?

Bent... Campbell..

It would appear that El Hadj Diouf only ever played for Rovers as well.

• 9 months later...

You can take the boy out of the street but you'll never get the street out of the boy.

In Asia the saying goes''You can take the girl out of the bar but you'll never get the bar out of the girl''

Not for a moment suggesting Marcus Bent is a girlie, he's just a @#/?.

In Asia the saying goes''You can take the girl out of the bar but you'll never get the bar out of the girl''

Only if Mamasan lets you!

We have seen it countless times before. Professional player struggles to cope with real life after football. Impossible to recreate the natural heights and finances experienced playing sport at a decent level. Timing one through the covers off the middle as it races to the boundary, catching one sweet into the top corner whilst no-ones moves, chipping close to the pin from a bunker, dishing up when 40 or 50 behind at snooker. I miss those feelings as well.

Guess the difference for most is we remember, adapt and simply move on.

Saying also in Asia 'one who has lots of money and has drugs in theme park, deserve Spanky bum bum'

Archived