BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Derby County @ Ewood Park, 21/10/15

A match thread was created before i wrote my preview, if the mods can work some magic and combine these 2 then it would be much appreciated. Cheers:

Preview:

“You’re only as good as your last game “ – That’s how the saying goes, which basically means, we are toast.

A crushing defeat at the hands of MK Dons has thrown Rovers back into the mire and put the spotlight of pressure back onto the man in the dugout. So now we move onto Derby County at home in a bid to get things back on track. Speaking of Derby, they rounded off the weekend with a good 4-2 win over Wolves with Boss Paul Clement describing it as their best performance of the season so far.

Season so far:

Rovers –15th - P: 11, W: 2, D: 5, L: 4 For: 12, Against: 13, Pts: 11

Pretty miserable campaign so far for Rovers, winning only twice all season and conceding over a goal per game.

Derby – 6th – P: 11, W:5, D: 5, L: 1, For: 16, Against: 9, Pts: 20

The visitors boats only 1 loss in the league so far, which was at home to Leeds Utd. They have scored 4 more goals than us and conceded 4 less and currently sit with nearly double our points total. They have, however only kept 1 clean sheet (4) more than Rovers (3).

Home/Away Form:

All the above is pretty grim reading, so I thought I would take a look at the home/away form for Rovers and Derby to try and find some comfort for us.

Rovers Home Form: W: 2, D: 2, L: 1, For: 7, Against: 3 Pts: 8 (from a possible 15)

Hardly a fortress but we’ve managed to beat Ipswich and Charlton at home comfortably, keeping a clean sheet in both and scoring 5.

Derby’s away from: W:3, D: 2, L: 0, For: 7, Against: 3 Pts: 11 (from a possible 15)

Tragically, Derby have managed more wins away from home than we have at home. So Derby’s away from is pretty good. They have matched our goals scored and goals conceded, so sadly no home comforts for Rovers on this one.

Previous Meetings:

Season 12/13: Rovers 2 – 0 Derby – Rhodes 9’ (Pen) Dann 45+3’

Season 13/14: Rovers 1 – 1 Derby – Gestede 47’ – Bamford 84’

Season 14/15: Rovers 2 – 3 Derby – Marshall 1’, Gestede 78’ – Ward 9’, 58’, Hughes 37’

So that’s a win, a draw and a loss. Difficult to take much from that, other than recent history suggests it could be either a win, a draw or a loss.

Team News/Possible Line-ups:

Rovers will be without Henley who will be suspended, the most likely option is Marshall playing right back with a question mark over who will come in at right wing. Chris Brown, Jason Lowe and Fode Koita are all injured. Danny Guthrie may return.

For the Rams Craig Bryson and Jake Buxton both missed the game against Wolves and Will Hughes is a long term absentee. After beating Wolves, you would expect an unchanged line up if injuries/suspension allow.

Rovers possible starting 11:

------------------Steele

Marshall---Duffy---Hanley---Olsson

Delf --------Evans---Akpan---Conway

--------------Lawrenece

---------------Rhodes

Derby possible starting 11:

------------------Carson

Christie---Keogh---Shackell---Forsyth

----Hendrick—Thorne---Johnson

-------Russell---Martin----Ince

Opposition fans view

A quick look on dcfcfans.co.uk has a prediction poll which currently stands at 10 votes with 7 voting for a win and 3 for a draw. None of them seem to think they will taste defeat at Ewood Park. Admittedly, 10 votes is only a small number, I will try and keep my eye on it over the next few days.

A few posts in the matchday thread over there:

Whitlams1968: Blackburn Rovers in absolute terrible form. I am going Blackburn Rovers 0 Rams 2 for this!

Bris Vegas: Ewood Park is always a tough place to go. They've only lost once there, and have won the last two at home 2-0 and 3-0. They'll be competitive, always are at home. Expect plenty of long ball.

1-1

Rampage: Keep Rhodes from scoring and we should win 2-0I would not be surprised if we hammered them if we get an early goal.Early goals totally disrupt the other team's match plan in most cases.

Confident bunch, if nothing else.

Davulsukur’s View

After seemingly reverting to type at MK Dons, I am not overly confident that we will get a win here, however, we need one. Desperately. There is a bigger game just over the horizon and we need to get a confidence boost going into it.

As I am writing the preview, I will go positive with a 2-1 win with a Rhodes brace.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reallllly need a in going into the east lands derby, I think we might just scrape one. I'm going for a 3-2 to rovers. I'd play Kilgallon with either Duffy or Hanley, so that we are guaranteed at least two CBs for the derby (assuming of of them doesn't get sent off and no one picks up an injury)

Gaz has confirmed on the official site that Ben Marshall will likely deputise at RB. Square pegs round holes. Again. Let's not give the promising Nyambe game time then.

Gaz isn't afraid to give the young'uns a chance. He said so himself.

• Backroom

A good preview, thanks!

As I said in the other thread... 2-1 Derby, Rhodes scoring for us. The usual excuses will be given by Bowyer and a 20 minute spell of decent football will convince his advocates that he'll come good one day.

Nyambe isnt ready for the first team guys.

He needs a loan to a League 2/conference team to get some more 1st team experience.

I really hope he does start now, so that you will do a complete U-turn. :lol:

"he is ready for first-team, Bowyer thinks so"

Nyambe isnt ready for the first team guys.

He needs a loan to a League 2/conference team to get some more 1st team experience.

Agree with that chaddy. Ryan hasn't had the best of starts to this season and I think his disappointing performance against Shrewsbury has shaken his confidence a bit. Nonetheless, he is an outstanding prospect for the future but needs time to develop. The likes of Nyambe, Tomlinson and Mansell are still young enough to be playing for the Under-18's but are being promoted to the Under-21's and will no doubt, in due course, get some senior experience on loan. It would be a tough ask to expect them to perform against the likes of Derby and Burnley this week.

If they're good enough, they're old enough. It's as simple as that. Throwing them in at the deep end can often weed out the wheat from the chaff.

We have a former youth coach managing the club. If he can't integrate our young prospects into the first-team, it makes you wonder what we were paying him for all those years.

Definitely not the case.

You could've fooled me. You removed what was at worst a sarcastic remark, but keep a post from your mate saying that I have my "head up my arse."

I'm seeing a conflict of interest here.

• Moderation Lead

If they're good enough, they're old enough. It's as simple as that. Throwing them in at the deep end can often weed out the wheat from the chaff.

We have a former youth coach managing the club. If he can't integrate our young prospects into the first-team, it makes you wonder what we were paying him for all those years.

You could've fooled me. You removed what was at worst a sarcastic remark, but keep a post from your mate saying that I have my "head up my arse."

I'm seeing a conflict of interest here.

Sent you a PM.

So you would throw in a lad who is struggling for form and hope he swims and doesn't sink? These lads are still learning the game and sometimes this is shown when they come up a slightly older and more experienced pro at Under-21 level. I'd much rather put them in when they are on top of their game and full of confidence.

So you would throw in a lad who is struggling for form and hope he swims and doesn't sink? These lads are still learning the game and sometimes this is shown when they come up a slightly older and more experienced pro at Under-21 level. I'd much rather put them in when they are on top of their game and full of confidence.

Damien Duff & Phil Jones weren't much older when they were made their debuts.

That said, you do make a valid point, and perhaps under different circumstances, I might agree with you. But we are not replete with options at the moment. Our first-choice right back is out, and we're electing to play an attacking midfielder there, when we have a youngster in reserve.

Sack it, lets get in their faces and attack them.

STEELE

KILGALLON - HANLEY - DUFFY

MARSHALL - EVANS - WILLIAMSON - AKPAN - CONWAY

LAWRENCE - RHODES

Now that, I think could be a good option with us having no recognised RB. Would prefer Guthrie in for Williamson if he's fit. Won't happen though unfortunately.

If we get at 'em I think we could get something out of the game. If we sit back, I think we're right royally screwed.

I'll hope we 'gerrin to em' and go for 2-1 Rovers with Rhodes and Duffy (he's got to get one header on target eventually!) scoring for us.

Sack it, lets get in their faces and attack them.

STEELE

KILGALLON - HANLEY - DUFFY

MARSHALL - EVANS - WILLIAMSON - AKPAN - CONWAY

LAWRENCE - RHODES

I wouldn't normally go for that line up but as we have no right back and have tried Marshall there and know for a fact that he can't cut it there what is the point of repeating something that we know will fail? so Ok give this a try.

Don't mind Marshall at right back, think he gives us a bigger attacking threat than Henley would from there. Defensively he's not the best, but neither is Henley. Hopefully Taylor will fill in for Marshall on the wing. No need for radical formation changes.

Archived