BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Official: Paul Lambert Appointed Blackburn Rovers Manager

DE.

I trust that fans won't forget the last five years of stupidly and will give time for an experienced manager to make this team his. After all the current squad has been shaped and honed in Bowyer's image. That will take a while to get over.

After that two things I could see for everything to go Tango Uniform: either Lambert walks (false promises over the embargo or head hunter - the latter meaning success for us in the process) or Venkys get future bad advice and try to change things again. Hopefully they have learned their lesson - the hard way.

I think the fans certainly havent forgotten the last five years especially the rapid replacement of managers which occurred early in Venkys ownership and i think thats probably why GB got a very easy ride with the fans,giving him plenty of time to try get things right on the pitch.He had two seasons scott free of criticism fom the majority of the fans and very little abuse on match days. Im sure Lambert will be given the same sort of time to sort things out with the fans giving him the backing at the same time.

I'd rather lose with Lambert than draw 0-0 with Bowyer. There's gonna be goals today.

Hmm ..not too sure about losing rather than drawing .Can accept losing if we ve played in the right manner though . Thats the difference.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Laudrup would have taken the Rovers job if he had been offered it when Ince was appointed. There were serious talks.

I don't think Mercerman is being ridiculous- Lambert might be good enough to get this squad performing with a big enough "new manager factor" to harvest 90% of points on offer until 1 January. Then it is down to the hidden people Venky's are using as to whether they succeed in getting that transfer embargo lifted. Derek Shaw for sure cannot do it because his "negotiation" (roll over and get royally ****ed) is 100% of the reason we have the embargo in the first place.

If we can operate unhindered in bringing players in, we are in for an exciting run to the end of this season. It will be real hold onto your hats time and Mercerman could be vindicated.

I am sure we will improve and I'm quite prepared to accept promotion this season!

However, if we don't (as is likely) we should be in a position to make an assault from day one next season.

After all we have had to put up with over 5 seasons I can wait a bit longer.

As for Mercerman, I am more worried that he's jinxing us. When he writes "expect an announcement from Ewood today" I know that nothing will happen. So when he expects promotion this season, I expect not! Sorry Mercerman!

I wouldn't be surprised if we got top 6 this season. Onwards and upwards!

Hahaha!

I actually had a laugh at that. Not because I don't believe you pal just because it's funny how high expectations are these days. Boll*cks to it... We're going to win the league.

New manager = Promotion.... That simple isn't it?

Hahaha!

I actually had a laugh at that. Not because I don't believe you pal just because it's funny how high expectations are these days. Boll*cks to it... We're going to win the league.

Nowt wrong with some optimism ;)

A long way to go in the league yet

• Backroom

Hahaha!

Like I said earlier in the thread.

2004 Hughes: We're staying up lads.

2005 Hughes: Right, Europe. Go.

• Backroom

Setting off in about 15. Want to turn up reasonably early to see how they train (hopefully not just playing one bounce!). Cannot wait

Don't think the subs will be allowed to stroll around at half time chatting to each other and kicking a ball every so often, anyway.

A really interesting comment post match from Lambert about intensity in training and he also says the players could have been tired because of this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34891994

Rovers have been knackered in the last 15 minutes for a while. They need to be fitter but that's probably a few months work in progress. It's clear PL has identified this. All good news.

• Backroom

A really interesting comment post match from Lambert about intensity in training and he also says the players could have been tired because of this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34891994

It's been interesting. Lambert has come out and praised Bowyer for stabilising the club, but comments about us having a mid table Championship club mentality, low intensity training and overall "negativity" are essentially him saying Bowyer was doing a bad job this season, without outright stating it.

If he did any research prior to getting this gig, none of this will be a surprise to him, and I doubt it is. I imagine he knew exactly what he was dealing with when he arrived, and has quickly taken to fixing the problems he's inherited.

It's been interesting. Lambert has come out and praised Bowyer for stabilising the club, but comments about us having a mid table Championship club mentality, low intensity training and overall "negativity" are essentially him saying Bowyer was doing a bad job this season, without outright stating it.

He does seem a little shocked about the general lack of fitness since taking over, seems to have mentioned it a few times now. The lads jolly is over, the youth team training mentality is gone and no more "we're a young group" "it takes time" "we're still learning" nonsense ... Time for a team of blokes to step up in what is very much a mans league.

Archived