BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Official: Paul Lambert Appointed Blackburn Rovers Manager

DE.

By the way, I would put lost points this season down to Bowyer naivety in the following games:

Wolves H (should have drawn)

Brighton A (good performance against ten men should have got at least a draw)

Bolton H (should have won if we had turned up)

Fulham A (would have won if the defensive organisation hadn't been so atrocious in the first 20 minutes)

QPR A (twice failed to look like protecting a lead)

Derby H (didn't put in much of a performance)

Burnley H (capital offence to lose to that lot- should have got a draw)

Birmingham A (lack of performance)

Brentford H (lack of motivation)

So there are 16 points Bowyer dropped on his own without looking at the players. OK the proverbial happens in football but a decent manager would have picked up at least 8 of those dropped points without changing the squad of players, injuries (which I believe helped us by stopping Bowyer picking players inappropriately) and suspension.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Have I heard right, that Lambert's song is going to be the Sister Act one? Doing the rounds on FB:

He's Lambert, he's Lambert, he's Lambert,

He's taking us to the Prem, to the Prem, to the Prem,

I'll tell you what, we like it, we like it, we like it!

In fact we F-ing love it, We love it, we love it!

Oooooooh (repeat).

I think it's brilliant tbh and wonder why we haven't used it before!

Have I heard right, that Lambert's song is going to be the Sister Act one? Doing the rounds on FB:

Oooooooh (repeat).

Most of which will be indecipherable when sung.

As a traditionalist I'll be more comfortable with simply, "Paul Lambert's blue & white army".

P.S. Thanks for giving me my first opportunity to have a moan since Bowyer was sacked ;-)

Add that quote to his remarks about too much negativity because of the embargo and too many draws.

He's very quickly latched on to the flaws in mentality of the previous manager.

It's surprising how many fans latch onto it as well. If you're going to accept you can't be better than what you currently are, what's the point? Why wouldn't a professional football club talk itself up, rather than down?

Well there's a very good reason for that, but it isn't in the clubs, or the fans interest.

• Backroom

Impressively it doesn't sound like he's going to come in and leave things as they are, maybe see a change of shape tomorrow.

I joked about Brown but he may fancy him up top after all he got the most out of Holt he may think Brown can do a similar job for us.

Full backs will be interesting along with central midfield (in fact most positions could be under review)

Try to win ball early instead of focus on defending from your on half. It took five years and several so called managers but finally the modern thinking is here. Also it's so obvious that our players are not fit enough. Rovers have been a mid table championship club in every possible standards. The fans have known all this all the time and a proper manager saw it from Brockhall parking place. It takes time to change all things but there must have been a culture shock at the club during the week.

Oooooooh (repeat).

I'd rather keep it simple. Something like ... (To the tune of La Bamba - "La la la la la Lambert"

Impressively it doesn't sound like he's going to come in and leave things as they are, maybe see a change of shape tomorrow.

I joked about Brown but he may fancy him up top after all he got the most out of Holt he may think Brown can do a similar job for us.

Full backs will be interesting along with central midfield (in fact most positions could be under review)

I've been a critic of a lot of the players in the past but as far as I'm concerned tomorrow is day 1 and they've all got a clean slate.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/14091709.Paul_Lambert_has_specific_role_in_mind_for_Blackburn_Rovers__Mr_Versatile_Ben_Marshall/?ref=mac

Suppose it depends on the system but No10 or winger seem the logical choices. Hopefully the likes of Marshall, Conway etc wiil get in the box more than they did under Bowyer.

How refreshing to hear players referred to by name instead of the 'y' cr@p.

Try to win ball early instead of focus on defending from your on half. It took five years and several so called managers but finally the modern thinking is here. Also it's so obvious that our players are not fit enough. Rovers have been a mid table championship club in every possible standards. The fans have known all this all the time and a proper manager saw it from Brockhall parking place. It takes time to change all things but there must have been a culture shock at the club during the week.

You are spot on, however, most fans who didn't think Bowyer was the messiah also recognised this a long, long time ago.

All of the noises from Lambert and the players so far have been good. I especially like the refusal to accept mid-table - perhaps this acceptance of mediocrity is why we struggled to achieve sustained periods of form under Bowyer?

Hanley saying we needed a bit more intensity says a lot too - sometimes it takes a new manager arriving to realise that you're only giving 80%, and it appears that PL has been a very welcome wake up call.

Not expecting miracles, but hoping he can set a firm base for next season. Any sort of play off push this year would be a very welcome surprise.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/14091709.Paul_Lambert_has_specific_role_in_mind_for_Blackburn_Rovers__Mr_Versatile_Ben_Marshall/?ref=mac

Suppose it depends on the system but No10 or winger seem the logical choices. Hopefully the likes of Marshall, Conway etc wiil get in the box more than they did under Bowyer.

Needs to get more out of Marshall than Bowyer did. Sticking him at right back is no good with his potential attacking abilities.

Does anyone think that any players were devastated to see Bowyer go? I can imagine that good relations were made between him and players but they must have known it wasn't going anywhere?

I say this because it seems that the players have been given a new lease of life under Lambert and I guess tomorrow will prove this or not.

Does anyone think that any players were devastated to see Bowyer go? I can imagine that good relations were made between him and players but they must have known it wasn't going anywhere?

I say this because it seems that the players have been given a new lease of life under Lambert and I guess tomorrow will prove this or not.

I think they'll be sad, as they obviously got on with him and considered him a good bloke. A lot of people talk about Brockhall being like a 'holiday camp' - this might be a slight stretch, but it was obvious that a few seemed far too comfortable.

However, I think when performances on the pitch improve, they'll soon forget that - sure they'd prefer to be winning more often than not rather than be 'pals' with the gaffer.

Although most of what we've seen of Brown is garbage... I think it's only fair we give everyone a clean slate under Lambert.

I think they'll be sad, as they obviously got on with him and considered him a good bloke. A lot of people talk about Brockhall being like a 'holiday camp' - this might be a slight stretch, but it was obvious that a few seemed far too comfortable.

However, I think when performances on the pitch improve, they'll soon forget that - sure they'd prefer to be winning more often than not rather than be 'pals' with the gaffer.

The Brockhall reference explains a lot for me. You're right, it was far too comfortable and I think it got to a stage where players knew they would play. I guess competition amongst the group wasn't there.

I only questionned this because I spoke to Rhodes the day after Berg was sacked and he said the players had a feeling for several weeks that he wasn't the man for the job.

The Brockhall reference explains a lot for me. You're right, it was far too comfortable and I think it got to a stage where players knew they would play. I guess competition amongst the group wasn't there.

I only questionned this because I spoke to Rhodes the day after Berg was sacked and he said the players had a feeling for several weeks that he wasn't the man for the job.

Rhodes seems like an incredibly polite guy, so if he's saying that then I assume Berg really wasn't up to it! Jealous you got to speak to Sir Jordan....

Players, like a lot of people, often get comfortably and enjoy it being 'easy'. It's human nature to grow comfortable, and it'd take a strong, ballsy character to stand up and say 'we could be doing more'.

Results were often poor but for most of the 2.5 years weren't 'dire' as such, so they probably thought GB was average, but never bad enough to speak out or moan too much.

I think that a new, fresh manager and staff will now reinvigorate a few - that proverbial rocket up their backside may well be of benefit to some. Even if it's a case of an extra 15-20%, that still can be the difference between draws and wins.

Rhodes seems like an incredibly polite guy, so if he's saying that then I assume Berg really wasn't up to it! Jealous you got to speak to Sir Jordan....

Players, like a lot of people, often get comfortably and enjoy it being 'easy'. It's human nature to grow comfortable, and it'd take a strong, ballsy character to stand up and say 'we could be doing more'.

Results were often poor but for most of the 2.5 years weren't 'dire' as such, so they probably thought GB was average, but never bad enough to speak out or moan too much.

I think that a new, fresh manager and staff will now reinvigorate a few - that proverbial rocket up their backside may well be of benefit to some. Even if it's a case of an extra 15-20%, that still can be the difference between draws and wins.

He is a nice fella, he keeps his feet on the ground and, if anything, doesn't fully know exactly how good he is!!

I think the motivation a new manager will bring is so important. They didn't look motivated at times towards the end of what is now known as the Bowyer Years and in a way I can understand that. I can't imagine him being a motivational figure whatsoever.

In my opinion, that extra 15-20% can come with fitness. They don't look fit enough at the moment (kinda what we were saying regarding Hughes), and the majority of sides that have come Ewood look fitter than us. I think Lambert will do this and put rockets where they don't live. The little thing you said there has been where its all gone wrong.

To the tune of The Lambeth walk.If you go down Ewood way.Any evening, any day.you'll find us all.Doing the Lambert walk.OY.

That one crossed my mind but not a prayer of it being sung in 2015 :-)

It's great that folk actually want to include the manager's name in any chant, which clearly wasn't the case under Bowyer, (despite erroneous claims that it was).

I still think simply, "Paul Lambert's blue & white army", will do nicely to start with.

Hopefully by next season at least , "E-I-E-I-E-I-O up the football league we go" will become appropriate :-)

Archived