SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Official: Paul Lambert Appointed Blackburn Rovers Manager

DE.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Genuine question: has Parsonblue stopped posting? If so, why?

Yes. Said he was tired of the negativity if I recall correctly. He did get quite a lot of stick for his views, though he had to expect that when he defended literally everything GB did. Hopefully he'll be back at some point, would be interested in his take on Lambert's cutting assessment of our current position as a club and the unsatisfactory condition of the players.

Cheers gents. I'm actually very interested in his thoughts on PL.

A lot of people backed Bowyer because he was doing his best and we couldn't hope for anyone better. It's been completely turned on its head now.

Yes. Said he was tired of the negativity if I recall correctly. He did get quite a lot of stick for his views, though he had to expect that when he defended literally everything GB did. Hopefully he'll be back at some point, would be interested in his take on Lambert's cutting assessment of our current position as a club and the unsatisfactory condition of the players.

The negativity was his though. Most wanted change, he stood for the status quo because Venkys would make a worse appointment, no-one any good would be interested in the job, no-one would be any better than Bowyer,we had reached our natural position as a selling club in the second tier etc. I had loads of chats with him along these lines as did most of us.

I do not understand how anyone can love the Club as much as Parson obviously does but settle for the mediocrity Lambert has so clearly identified. He just seemed to get so much enjoyment from every game no matter how badly we played or the result. Admirable in one way BUT......

The great Bowyer myth ironically had little to do with Bowyer. It was this myth of instability. How many times did we hear and do we still hear that Bowyer did well because he brought stability.

The last season that applied was 2012/13. The season Shebby Singh and Shelfy Shaw bicker ed like retarded children, Venkys floundered after getting rid of Darth Sidious/Jerome Anderson and Danny Murphy led the overpaid arse**** gang.

That season personally I was willing to give Bowyer some leeway and appreciated what he did. But that stopped at the end of that season. It's a total fabrication that Bowyer has been working under any disruption whatsoever since then. A point many of us were at constant pains to point out. And now Lambert is making a mockery of that excuse and rightly so.

• Backroom

The great Bowyer myth ironically had little to do with Bowyer. It was this myth of instability. How many times did we hear and do we still hear that Bowyer did well because he brought stability.

The last season that applied was 2012/13. The season Shebby Singh and Shelfy Shaw bicker ed like retarded children, Venkys floundered after getting rid of Darth Sidious/Jerome Anderson and Danny Murphy led the overpaid arse**** gang.

That season personally I was willing to give Bowyer some leeway and appreciated what he did. But that stopped at the end of that season. It's a total fabrication that Bowyer has been working under any disruption whatsoever since then. A point many of us were at constant pains to point out. And now Lambert is making a mockery of that excuse and rightly so.

Spot on chief. Nobody can deny Bowyer did a stellar job of steadying the ship after the cluster@#/? that was our first season in the Championship. After that he had full control with no distractions and was allowed to sign a lot of players whilst the ones he didn't like were paid off. He didn't have a massive budget, but it was enough to supplement a team that already had a fair few decent players in it.

Fact is we were becoming less stable every season after 12/13. Slowly slipping down the table, the team weakening, the club hurtling towards an FFP embargo with no obvious plan in place, players stockpiled in unnecessary positions, and so on. Bowyer probably got a season longer than he deserved, and a good cup run glossed over what was otherwise a disappointing season that was over by February.

Cheers gents. I'm actually very interested in his thoughts on PL.

A lot of people backed Bowyer because he was doing his best and we couldn't hope for anyone better. It's been completely turned on its head now.

Got to admit that I was one of those who found it hard to get totally behind the Bowyer out lobby simply because I had absolutely no faith in Venky's finding someone remotely better. Very pleased to have been proven wrong. Although I will say that I think everybody is surprised that we got Lambert based on Venky's previous track record. Even those who were desperate to see GB go a year ago probably didn't believe that we could get Lambert in.

Also, ive seen some people say that why didnt certain posters have more faith that a manager would want to manage Blackburn. The issue I had came squarely down to who Venky's would want to appoint, not who would be potentially interested in the job. Kean, Berg, Appleton, Bowyer... hardly confidence building.

The crucial point here is not "the fans accepting mediocrity" of whatever. The fans position is broadly irrelevant to what has occured.

The crucial points are that Venkys

1) Seem to have found a way round the embargo and are about to put a lot of cash in

2) Screwed their heads on, got someone competent to review the club, and then approached a quality manager in Lambert

Neither of the above seemed likely 2 months ago, but kudos to them for making it happen.

There is little to suggest if the majority of fans had "expected better" it would have hastened either 1) or 2).

The crucial point here is not "the fans accepting mediocrity" of whatever. The fans position is broadly irrelevant to what has occured.

The crucial points are that Venkys

1) Seem to have found a way round the embargo and are about to put a lot of cash in

2) Screwed their heads on, got someone competent to review the club, and then approached a quality manager in Lambert

Neither of the above seemed likely 2 months ago, but kudos to them for making it happen.

There is little to suggest if the majority of fans had "expected better" it would have hastened either 1) or 2).

You mean the V's and their walla's don't read this MB anymore

:o

that bloody made-up embargo again! Or did you mean something else?

The negativity was his though. Most wanted change, he stood for the status quo because Venkys would make a worse appointment, no-one any good would be interested in the job, no-one would be any better than Bowyer,we had reached our natural position as a selling club in the second tier etc. I had loads of chats with him along these lines as did most of us.

I do not understand how anyone can love the Club as much as Parson obviously does but settle for the mediocrity Lambert has so clearly identified. He just seemed to get so much enjoyment from every game no matter how badly we played or the result. Admirable in one way BUT......

don't be silly. Being wary of who the Venksters would appoint next was hardly being 'negative'. Using your logic, and the logic of a few others who spend their days on here trying to score points, this must make you a 'venky-lover' or summat cos you had faith they'd get someone better.

Parson just had a view that was different to yours. Lambert has indeed said the players shouldn't settle for mediocrity and is right to say that. He also said Bowyer did a good job. Believing one statement and not the other seems a bit churlish, to say the least.

Back to scoring points...

Parson was close to the action and in some way probably protecting a mate or two which is understandable especially if he could see them trying their best. He did seem to retract quickly after the stonegate when I think if he was honest he would have found it hard to defend. Also Gaz went not long after so maybe PB knew what was coming ?

Anyway it's a new dawn and I hope he comes back once he's got it out of his system. He should be welcome with open arms.

Clean slate time, even for Browny ;)

When Lambert was appointed, a number of bookies were offering Rovers for promotion at 40/1.

Odds have shortened all round (Coral down to 16/1) but you can still get 33/1 with Betfair. I think that's still a great bet for those who didn't pile in at 40/1. A cheeky fiver would more than cover our Wembley trip.

don't be silly. Being wary of who the Venksters would appoint next was hardly being 'negative'. Using your logic, and the logic of a few others who spend their days on here trying to score points, this must make you a 'venky-lover' or summat cos you had faith they'd get someone better.

Parson just had a view that was different to yours. Lambert has indeed said the players shouldn't settle for mediocrity and is right to say that. He also said Bowyer did a good job. Believing one statement and not the other seems a bit churlish, to say the least.

Back to scoring points...

Not sure what you mean when you say "Back to scoring points". Do you ever do anything else?

I see messageboard harmony lasted about a week and now we're back to arguing and point scoring.

The reason Parson, a fantastic contributor to this site, left was because he was sick to death of having to defend his position against the wolf pack night after night on here.

Some posters have forgotten what made this site great, Parson leaving highlights that, and he's just another in a long line.

I'm guilty myself, I try to reign it in, but some enjoy the battle and that's wrong.

Just sayin.

It had got to the point that I stopped worrying if Venkies could appoint anybody worse.

I didn't!

I'm still worried now that they'll sneak Juda Ali into the coaching setup or David Platt.....

I see messageboard harmony lasted about a week and now we're back to arguing and point scoring.

The reason Parson, a fantastic contributor to this site, left was because he was sick to death of having to defend his position against the wolf pack night after night on here.

Some posters have forgotten what made this site great, Parson leaving highlights that, and he's just another in a long line.

I'm guilty myself, I try to reign it in, but some enjoy the battle and that's wrong.

Just sayin.

Not a day goes by without you lamenting the demise of brfcc(s)

Though, you rarely pass up in telling newish posters that they haven't been a member long enough to disagree with your good self. Not exactly encouraging a recovery, is it?

The reason it has been quiet over the last few years is because of the despair that engulfed the club and its fans- this past couple of weeks has seen a succession of lapsed posters return- yeti dog and Tyrone to name two. That is great to see and shows it is the waxing and waning of the club's fortunes that controls traffic, not rows on the board- indeed if that was the case, it would have been a pretty quiet place in the days of post match lockdowns in the late Souness era.

Archived