BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Official: Paul Lambert Appointed Blackburn Rovers Manager

DE.

Not a day goes by without you lamenting the demise of brfcc(s)

Though, you rarely pass up in telling newish posters that they haven't been a member long enough to disagree with your good self. Not exactly encouraging a recovery, is it?

The reason it has been quiet over the last few years is because of the despair that engulfed the club and its fans- this past couple of weeks has seen a succession of lapsed posters return- yeti dog and Tyrone to name two. That is great to see and shows it is the waxing and waning of the club's fortunes that controls traffic, not rows on the board- indeed if that was the case, it would have been a pretty quiet place in the days of post match lockdowns in the late Souness era.

Absolute tosh, it's easy to throw around sh1t like in the first 2 paragraphs, prove it or retract it Matty, simple as that.

Your third paragraph is short sighted, but you're entitled to your opinion, if you think 2 posters returning and 20 or so not is progress then fine.

Now back to why Parson isn't posting as that was the question.......

Over to you.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It had got to the point that I stopped worrying if Venkies could appoint anybody worse.

If we had got to third or fourth tier with crowds dwindling to 5000, I wouldve been at that point.

I'm not embarrassed to say that I thought any more "advice" would cost us another league.

The real thanks should go to the nameless advisor. Maybe we should send him a Christmas card.

Absolute tosh, it's easy to throw around sh1t like in the first 2 paragraphs, prove it or retract it Matty, simple as that.

Your third paragraph is short sighted, but you're entitled to your opinion, if you think 2 posters returning and 20 or so not is progress then fine.

Now back to why Parson isn't posting as that was the question.......

Over to you.

There has been a notable upturn in traffic post Bowyer. No sure how you can think otherwise?

I'll do a Tris trawl through the archives if you want, thought you'd have a bit more self awareness, so I wouldn't need to...

There has been a notable upturn in traffic post Bowyer. No sure how you can think otherwise?

I'll do a Tris trawl through the archives if you want, thought you'd have a bit more self awareness, so I wouldn't need to...

The question was about Parson, I answered it and decided you attacked me.

It's got nothing to do with self awareness, I'm not having you or anyone else accuse me of something without foundation, I've let this sort of thing slide recently, you've drawn the short straw, so prove it or retract it.

that bloody made-up embargo again! Or did you mean something else?

I wouldn't call the embargo disruption. All it meant was Bowyer wasn't able to spend money on players, which is the case for most of the league whether they've got an embargo or not. Its only ex-PL clubs benefitting from parachute payments and saved up TV money that can afford to splash money around in the Championship.

The question was about Parson, I answered it and decided you attacked me.

It's got nothing to do with self awareness, I'm not having you or anyone else accuse me of something without foundation, I've let this sort of thing slide recently, you've drawn the short straw, so prove it or retract it.

*Sigh*, I really don't want to, thought you'd just hold your hand up, but if you insist, just recent ones from a quick search (though 'every day' was a bit OTT, must just feel like it):

Post 308: http://www.brfcc.com/mb/index.php/topic/30768-mk-dons-stadium-mk-saturday-october-17th-1500-ko/page-16#entry1580639

Post 253: http://www.brfcc.com/mb/index.php/topic/30768-mk-dons-stadium-mk-saturday-october-17th-1500-ko/page-13#entry1580462

Post 888: http://www.brfcc.com/mb/index.php/topic/30691-rovers-v-bolton-28th-august/page-45#entry1571365

Anyway, hopefully the upturn in traffic has shown that the unreversable decline of brfcc was simply BUNKUM.

Ironic mate, your posts are predominantly snidey digs at people. I try to stick to the football.

The post you did a snidey with was a respectful criticism of Parson's stated position over many months.

It was part of a discussion on here. There was no name calling and no disrespect.

You should try it.

Some interesting comments from Shane Duffy particularly the one about being hard to play against. One of my main gripes with Bowyer was that we were far too easy to play against.

http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/shane-duffy-preston-north-end-2816418.aspx

The only bit I needed to read was:

"It has been enjoyable, it has been good, it has been different, but it has been tough,"
Good I'm glad, lets hope it stays that way.

Rovers just tweeted a 5 minute warning! Something's happening!!

you never know Lambert sacked :-)

More good news!

http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/doneil-henry-blackburn-rovers-west-ham-united-2816654.aspx

*Sigh*, I really don't want to, thought you'd just hold your hand up, but if you insist, just recent ones from a quick search (though 'every day' was a bit OTT, must just feel like it):

Post 308: http://www.brfcc.com/mb/index.php/topic/30768-mk-dons-stadium-mk-saturday-october-17th-1500-ko/page-16#entry1580639

Post 253: http://www.brfcc.com/mb/index.php/topic/30768-mk-dons-stadium-mk-saturday-october-17th-1500-ko/page-13#entry1580462

Post 888: http://www.brfcc.com/mb/index.php/topic/30691-rovers-v-bolton-28th-august/page-45#entry1571365

Anyway, hopefully the upturn in traffic has shown that the unreversable decline of brfcc was simply BUNKUM.

If you think that covers it you're sadly mistaken, one of the posters was a very prominent poster under a ban, we're having a laugh FFS.

So carry on or retract, read what you posted. You shouldn't get involved in mud slinging if you can't back it up.

So strange, was watching West Ham on Sunday and almost said "why don't we get Henry back" but being a different manager didn't even think Lambert would know about him. Good signing but makes me wonder with both centre halves fit and Kilgallon on the bench... Where does he fit in? The lad and his club will want him to play.

He has to play right back, I can't see how West Ham would let him come back to play on the bench and he can't get in ahead of Duffy and Hanley at the moment (or Kilgallon who i prefer to both of them anyway...)

So strange, was watching West Ham on Sunday and almost said "why don't we get Henry back" but being a different manager didn't even think Lambert would know about him. Good signing but makes me wonder with both centre halves fit and Kilgallon on the bench... Where does he fit in? The lad and his club will want him to play.

Little healthy competition for our two centre halves? Can he play right back maybe?

Little healthy competition for our two centre halves? Can he play right back maybe?

If he can play right back then it would be a hell of signing if he performs the same in that position. That would make us tough to beat for sure.

Interestingly Lambert said "we needed to bring in another body into the defensive department" which could vaguely suggest that he's not just been signed to play centre half.

If he can play right back then it would be a hell of signing if he performs the same in that position. That would make us tough to beat for sure.

Interestingly Lambert said "we needed to bring in another body into the defensive department" which could vaguely suggest that he's not just been signed to play centre half.

I agree. He's a much better fit of a solid right back than anyone we have already.

I know this is controversial but I'm afraid, for me, the jury is still out on Duffy and Hanley. Duffy more than Hanley in my opinion. Yes, they are on fine form at the moment but I think they can be very complacent at times, and can 'wander'. Duffy especially.

This maybe me being incredibly critical, but I just don't think Duffy will play like he is now on a consistent basis.

I agree. He's a much better fit of a solid right back than anyone we have already.

I know this is controversial but I'm afraid, for me, the jury is still out on Duffy and Hanley. Duffy more than Hanley in my opinion. Yes, they are on fine form at the moment but I think they can be very complacent at times, and can 'wander'. Duffy especially.

This maybe me being incredibly critical, but I just don't think Duffy will play like he is now on a consistent basis.

Don't want to sound like GB but there's still a little time for them to develop. Dann was a dogs dinner here but with proper management has turned out to he a decent centre half. Think Duffy will be a top player for us, has everything else just needs improve some decision making and concentration.

Don't want to sound like GB but there's still a little time for them to develop. Dann was a dogs dinner here but with proper management has turned out to he a decent centre half. Think Duffy will be a top player for us, has everything else just needs improve some decision making and concentration.

I don't doubt that at all. Dann was a very very good technical footballer. By that, I mean he was very good with the ball at his feet. My issue with Duffy is that he will win everything in the air all day. A lot of teams will suit him as they do 'lump' the ball forward. I just don't think he's a great man marker, and any centre forward worth his money, will exploit this. That's all.

I do think he has the makings of good player. This I don't disagree with.

Archived