BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Official: Paul Lambert Appointed Blackburn Rovers Manager

DE.

If he can play right back then it would be a hell of signing if he performs the same in that position. That would make us tough to beat for sure.

Interestingly Lambert said "we needed to bring in another body into the defensive department" which could vaguely suggest that he's not just been signed to play centre half.

Maybe Lambert just really doesn't rate Kilgallon and doesn't consider him good enough to challenge Hanley/Duffy for their places. But yeah if he can play right-back as well that's great.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps the signing of Henry could indicate a change of shape in some fixtures. Due to our lack of full-back cover/quality and wealth of CMs, a narrow back three and wingbacks formation that could certainly suit us. Can't see how we could play Olsson, Conway AND Marshall in the same side without moving Marshall central perhaps but in the case of injuries it's a welcome back up to sticking Marshall at RB.

My favourite comment from the Duffy interview: "We know we’ve got the players and obviously the staff now and hopefully we can climb up the league game by game."

He knows we didn't have the staff before but he and the players have sussed there has been a very positive change in sacking GB and co.

Have I just started supporting a different football club? Excellent new manager with a good backroom staff, good away win on Saturday and now the loan signing of a solid, young versatile defender from a top 6 ( for now! ) premier league club. Wow - things really are on the up !

Have I just started supporting a different football club? Excellent new manager with a good backroom staff, good away win on Saturday and now the loan signing of a solid, young versatile defender from a top 6 ( for now! ) premier league club. Wow - things really are on the up !

I think the recent goings on are decent evidence for those who've always claimed Venkys were merely naïve and were led down the garden path by Anderson. I wasn't one of them at the time, but if Venkys did used to operate in a clumsy, self-important manner, that does seem to be changing now with their quiet approach of late and apparent willingness to give Lambert full control over all footballing decisions.

Could they one day actually achieve genuine popularity or is that going a bit too far? :)

So strange, was watching West Ham on Sunday and almost said "why don't we get Henry back" but being a different manager didn't even think Lambert would know about him. Good signing

Presumably Lambert speaks to all of his staff - not just the ones he brought in - and presumably the scouting team which Bowyer set up last September when he brought Tommy Johnson in remains in place (for the moment).

Presumably Lambert speaks to all of his staff - not just the ones he brought in - and presumably the scouting team which Bowyer set up last September when he brought Tommy Johnson in remains in place (for the moment).

You would presume, just thought he might have is own players in mind but this is a great signing based on what we saw last time for Rovers.

If we had got to third or fourth tier with crowds dwindling to 5000, I wouldve been at that point.

I'm not embarrassed to say that I thought any more "advice" would cost us another league.

The real thanks should go to the nameless advisor. Maybe we should send him a Christmas card.

Someone or 3 still had to make the decision

Clearly Lambert has spoken to his scouting team about Henry.

maybe Alan Irvine or Rob Kelly have seen Henry play and was impress by him.

When Lambert was appointed, a number of bookies were offering Rovers for promotion at 40/1.

Odds have shortened all round (Coral down to 16/1) but you can still get 33/1 with Betfair. I think that's still a great bet for those who didn't pile in at 40/1. A cheeky fiver would more than cover our Wembley trip.

Take Rhodes out then what have you for such high hopes ?

Well observed.

In the Premier League era we always had 4 centre-backs and 5 at one point. So, although Kilgallon is not used much its best to insure against any eventuality. We always had 4 strikers too for that matter.

Maybe its the start of the end to the dumbing down of the Club at all levels.

In the Premier League era we always had 4 centre-backs and 5 at one point. So, although Kilgallon is not used much its best to insure against any eventuality. We always had 4 strikers too for that matter.

Maybe its the start of the end to the dumbing down of the Club at all levels.

I like Kilgallon but If my memory serves me well hasn't he had a history of injuries when he's played in the first team ?

• Backroom

After Jordan Bob there's not enough match winners in the team to think they could do something in the league, under Bowyer. We may see a change under Lambert, though.

What you should've typed ;)

The great Bowyer myth ironically had little to do with Bowyer. It was this myth of instability. How many times did we hear and do we still hear that Bowyer did well because he brought stability.

The last season that applied was 2012/13. The season Shebby Singh and Shelfy Shaw bicker ed like retarded children, Venkys floundered after getting rid of Darth Sidious/Jerome Anderson and Danny Murphy led the overpaid arse**** gang.

That season personally I was willing to give Bowyer some leeway and appreciated what he did. But that stopped at the end of that season. It's a total fabrication that Bowyer has been working under any disruption whatsoever since then. A point many of us were at constant pains to point out. And now Lambert is making a mockery of that excuse and rightly so.

Bowyer was great at not being as completely terrible as his predessors where, thats all and thay was enough to keep him in the job for over 2 years

I like Kilgallon but If my memory serves me well hasn't he had a history of injuries when he's played in the first team ?

He's had his share of injuries alright buy when fit and playing he's looked the best of our 3 centre-backs for me.

I have no idea about his current injury state because he never plays!

Archived