SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Official: Paul Lambert Appointed Blackburn Rovers Manager

DE.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Bowyer was good at signing hard workers, but not so much goalscorers. Gestede was obviously a success, but the rest of his signings don't tend to contribute to the goals for column enough. Before this season started he sold our two other goal threats besides Rhodes (Gestede and Cairney) and replaced them with Koita and Guthrie - hard workers who don't score goals regularly.

Simple message to Paul Lambert and his staff is first of all you need to have the players at your disposal which you don't currently have at Blackburn Rovers to succeed.

Simple message to Paul Lambert and his staff is first of all you have the players which you don't currently have at Blackburn Rovers to succeed.

I can imagine his response... "Thank you great oracle for your words of wisdom and experience".

No you don't but that doesn't mean you can't get more out of what you do have. That's what he's talking about. Not that we'll play like Dortmund or bayern but that we'll use their methods and approach to generate better fitness and improved performances and hopefully results

I can imagine his response... "Thank you great oracle for your words of wisdom and experience".

Glad to be of help and cut through the bull Neal.

Let's hope that player recruitment steps up a notch or two now with Paul Lambert in charge though reading Tonyoz player performance review of Saturdays game the new boy Henry's debut looks well below the standard required.

The squad currently isn't good enough, I'm sure of that, but hopefully we have a guy in charge who will have realised that as well. He's got to bring in players who dovetail with the type of football he wants to play - which would be a major improvement on the previous four year plan.

Let's hope that player recruitment steps up a notch or two now with Paul Lambert in charge though reading Tonyoz player performance review of Saturdays game the new boy Henry's debut looks well below the standard required.

He only played 5 mins.

OK JAL...He played 5 mins

Simple message to Paul Lambert and his staff is first of all you need to have the players at your disposal which you don't currently have at Blackburn Rovers to succeed.

I think we trust Lambert to decide what is best for Rovers and which players he wants to keep.

IMO, we need to add 2 or 3 quality players in January and we can push on towards the Playoffs

I think we trust Lambert to decide what is best for Rovers and which players he wants to keep.

IMO, we need to add 2 or 3 quality players in January and we can push on towards the Playoffs

Quite right Chaddy.

Lambert's play-off push has already started using the squad he inherited. Like you I hope that the situation allows for squad improvement in January. If we don't succeed this Season then on to the next!

Onwards and Upwards. In Lambert we Trust.

COYB

He only played 5 mins on Saturday FFS.

Last season he proved he was good enough at this level.

Maybe you should attend games and see players live.

Lambert is certainly ticking all the right boxes and saying all the right things at the moment. Feels like the playing side of the club now has some real direction. If he can get the team in shape and make some good signings to fit his playing style, next season could be a real chance of promotion.

He only played 5 mins on Saturday FFS.

Last season he proved he was good enough at this level.

They have to be better than this league ......not simply good enough.... better chaddy....that's why the empty seats are the majority at Ewood Park !

• Moderation Lead

They have to be better than this league ......not simply good enough.... better chaddy....that's why the empty seats are the majority at Ewood Park !

Swing and a miss.

Whilst it's important to be ambitious JAL, I can't help but think you need to manage your expectations.

Expect a loanee from West Ham to be as good as Gerard Pique, then you'll end up disappointed.....

They have to be good enough for this league.

Forget about PL level. Lets get back 1st before we start thinking about it.

As for the Empty seats thats another issue. Did you attend Lambert 1st game at Ewood Park or couldnt you not be bother?

They have to be better than this league thats BETTER chaddy for second time otherwise how do you stand a chance of promotion or winning ?

Henry had 5 mins to turn one point into three from Tonyoz report I wasn't there it's sounds like he nearly turned one point into none with his brief performance.

What's going on ?

Don't know really JAL, other than the transfer window being shut and the transfer embargo we're under I can't think of a single reason why Lambert hasn't replaced the entire first team squad with Man City players.

Don't know really JAL, other than the transfer window being shut and the transfer embargo we're under I can't think of a single reason why Lambert hasn't replaced the entire first team squad with Man City players.

How did Rovers miss someone like Duncan Watmore or Vardy.

Archived