BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer 2016. Who Stays? Who Goes? You Decide!

Amo

I can see Lambert getting a massive budget(between 12 to 15mil) to spend this summer.

On what do you base that assumption on? I'd like to think that would happen but Have you been in a coma since the venkyscum took over as I'd say the probability of that happening must be the square root of zero.

The Rhodes cash will be likely used to plug parachute payments deficit and someone else sold like Cairney last year to pay a bill

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marshall has obvious talent but has only ever performed in spells.

In fact I would say his current spell is the longest period of good form he's had here, the trick is if Lambert can keep getting that level from him

possibly to do with playing him at RB for a very long period of time, which he seems to like, and Marshall's settled in that role a lot now

possibly to do with playing him at RB for a very long period of time, which he seems to like, and Marshall's settled in that role a lot now

Marshall looks like he is flourishing now under Lambert as do Lenihan, Duffy, Hanley, Spurr and Evans. I personally think that group have benefited from the extra fitness work.

Not really misleading as it's well known they are under pining the annual losses although how is another debate. Think we have to say though that however that is even if it's debt then it must be secured against their assets. But when it comes to transfers then no I don't think they've put much in just for that as any cash signings nearly always follow outgoings of some sort ever since they arrived. The total sales out and the total spent on transfers won't be that far apart under their tenure I don't think.

Now it's time to invest some proper money into the team and not just a quid here hoping to get two back there. We aren't being unreasonable asking this as the situation is on the verge of being desperate. They've assembled a squad quality wise that is only just good enough for this division and any more major cuts and it won't be.

Then they'll end up with a league 1 team with a championship wage bill and the probs start all over again. It'll cost then even more in the long run anyway if they stay. Whichever way it's dress up and whatever the state of the books now the fact is 20 mill plus of players have been sold in the past 6 months and to date nothing has actually been reinvested.

How did you work that one out.. I take it you meant to say since the end of last season rather than six months.. and 20m plus.. tiny bit of an exaggeration maybe? And nothing re-invested.. getting out of FUP with the summer sales was essential (without it we would never of landed PL for a start).... then there are loan fees and wages for the free players and loanies.

On what do you base that assumption on? I'd like to think that would happen but Have you been in a coma since the venkyscum took over as I'd say the probability of that happening must be the square root of zero.

The Rhodes cash will be likely used to plug parachute payments deficit and someone else sold like Cairney last year to pay a bill

The sales in the summer got us out of the embargo, the sale of Rhodes was way to late in the window and we still had to adhere to the current FUP regulations.

For me it is a scary proposition but I feel that based on past performances from Venkys and the relaxation of FUP regulations they will spend a fair chunk (probably to much) which could go horribly wrong as I fear other owners in the league will also spend with the relaxation of the rules.

As for the question in the thread..

Taylor, Brown, Delfouneso, Kilgallon, Henley, Eastwood, Williamson.. all end of contract and should be let go.. none of them would command a fee anyway if we tried to sell them.

Conway to stay for some depth and his ability to cross (his only proper skill).

Watt - Not sure on as we have not seen him enough, if his fitness improves then he may be a diamond for us.. otherwise he may end up a liability or impact sub.

Jackson - Again not sure, has some pace and neat touches, will need to see more of him

Grimes - Just joined, can't really judge until match fit and playing

To stay:

Graham - Like the chap, works hard and may be very good for us if he can regain some of his goal-scoring form at this level

Gomez - Would love to keep him, he is a match winner on his day

Bennett - Has started to improve match after match.. and adds some flexibility (can play right back, right wing, behind the strikers, right mid)

Lenihan - Really improving

Hanley - Has been one of our top performers

Marshall - Back on form, hopefully PL can keep him playing like that

Duffy - Mixed bag, great in the air when it comes to getting his head to the ball.. as for where the ball ends up..

Evans - Really improved under PL.. looks like a very good holding midfielder

Not sure:

Spurr - Jury is out for me, against quick wingers/fullbacks he very exposed, but his confidence in last few matches seems to of really improved.. though I wish he would not try to take on players again

Akpan - Form has dropped in recent weeks, so hard to judge long term, not the most skilled but has had some good games as a water carrier and occasionally looked dangerous attacking

Steele - Recent drop in form, still comes up with spectacular saves but over all not commanding in the box, dreadful kicker of the ball,

Lowe - Will he ever break free from being a crock every match.. will he learn to pass.

Guthrie - Again injury king on par with lowe

To buy/loan:

Right back cover/flexibility

Left back with pace

A midfield leader

Two strikers, one main one cover

Goalkeeper

A left sided attacking midfielder unless Grimes comes good on the wing/left mid

Oh dear that's more than half a team.

Yes since last summer I mean, it must be this weather making me think it's Jan. No there is no exaggeration but then again it depends on who you want to believe. We were told Rudy was sold for 6 mill raising to poss 9. Cairney was around 3 mill and now we have Rhodes at supposedly 9 mill rising to poss 13 mill. Olsson as well so I can't be too far off.

Then we come to the embargo situation that yes we needed to get out of but who do you believe on that one. We were told both Rudy and JR desperately wanted out so we were just holding out for the best bids. If they hadn't then would they have been forced out or would they still be here whilst we still sat in the embargo ?

Just who do you believe on anything ? If he gets 5 mill to spend in summer plus a bit of leeway on the wages WITHOUT any more large sales then i'll consider that a decent effort. Anything less than that or more big sales is just bollux yet again.

Talk of 15 million is absolute nonsense.

I cant believe Lambert would have come without being promised at least some funds to spend,say £5million. His unbridled enthusiasm for pushing JR through the exit door may have something to do with generating extra funds(or he may simply not have wanted a player on high wages who didnt fit his system).

How many we can get shut of depends on funds(and players)available. If we finish up with better players but ones that are injury-prone we may be no better off.

Irrespective of what happens Taylor,Kilgallon,Henley,Williamson,Eastwood,Delfouneso,& Guthrie(pay him up) should go.........but Id wait to see with Spurr(is useful cover) & Brown(admittedly hopeless but fits the system probably as good as anyone)and is better in the air than Graham(not as good as Gestede though). Lambert must try very hard to get Lenihan to sign a new deal(if at all possible). With that in mind Akpan might be needed as cover.

Much depends on Lamberts scouting network,lets hope its as good as Gary Bowyers who whatever his faults, "added value" to the club aka Gestede,Cairney,Marshall,Duffy,Evans, with Alan Judge the only big mistake.

Yes since last summer I mean, it must be this weather making me think it's Jan. No there is no exaggeration but then again it depends on who you want to believe. We were told Rudy was sold for 6 mill raising to poss 9. Cairney was around 3 mill and now we have Rhodes at supposedly 9 mill rising to poss 13 mill. Olsson as well so I can't be too far off.

Then we come to the embargo situation that yes we needed to get out of but who do you believe on that one. We were told both Rudy and JR desperately wanted out so we were just holding out for the best bids. If they hadn't then would they have been forced out or would they still be here whilst we still sat in the embargo ?

Just who do you believe on anything ? If he gets 5 mill to spend in summer plus a bit of leeway on the wages WITHOUT any more large sales then i'll consider that a decent effort. Anything less than that or more big sales is just bollux yet again.

Talk of 15 million is absolute nonsense.

I reckon 14m will not be far off.. And wages will be a good push so I would expect a few freebies... tbf to Venkys they have been taken for a ride with Rovers, the likes of Anderson and Shabby are enough to make your head spin.. but they have kept us afloat despite them bringing in the worst possible management teams I can remember in football history (from team to board level).. so they have put the money in. To me they are just dumb as a bag of bricks in this field, does not mean they are dumb full stop just useless in the UK and football in general. Still I hope the new adviser sticks around a bit, seems a tad more clued up.. btw still can not stand Venkys in the slightest, stuff like the caste system make me a very angry chap, but as it stands they are our only soddin hope of surviving, can't see any other takers, wrong catchment zone etc.

Taking the basic publicly available knowledge we have:

1- We are a loss making enterprise from a business perspective, unless we get promoted

2- FUP regulations are being relaxed

3- They are not skint

For a company like 'Venkys' they have four options at this point

1- Go for it (by spending) and make a name for themselves back home and abroad

2- Wind the club down to a sustainable level, which will not fit with the business model or actions taken (getting PL in etc)

3- Cut the funding and sell.. which they have said they will not and have not made any indication they would consider it

4- Turn the club into a feeder club which may be the case, but doubtful with ongoing losses

As for who to believe could not agree more mate, sadly it goes through all walks of life.. it is a tough one but with footy fees I tend to go by transfermkt these days (for all their faults the darn Germans love accuracy), they tend to be pretty darn close and at least disclose stuff like who the agents are etc.. by their figures it is 19.1m since the summer started but without some unknown fees, like loan fees and Bennett.

Much depends on Lamberts scouting network,lets hope its as good as Gary Bowyers who whatever his faults, "added value" to the club aka Gestede,Cairney,Marshall,Duffy,Evans, with Alan Judge the only big mistake.

Yeah he did pretty well in the market, though calling Judge a mistake is probably more a fault of the manager than the scouts, did not fit with Bowyers style... at the same time Bowyers transfer dealings brought in the squad we have today, so bar the few mentioned it was a failure.. after all picking fringe players from the Premier league or top rated players in league one isn't hard going on so called scouts.

I reckon 14m will not be far off.. And wages will be a good push so I would expect a few freebies... tbf to Venkys they have been taken for a ride with Rovers, the likes of Anderson and Shabby are enough to make your head spin.. but they have kept us afloat despite them bringing in the worst possible management teams I can remember in football history (from team to board level).. so they have put the money in. To me they are just dumb as a bag of bricks in this field, does not mean they are dumb full stop just useless in the UK and football in general. Still I hope the new adviser sticks around a bit, seems a tad more clued up.. btw still can not stand Venkys in the slightest, stuff like the caste system make me a very angry chap, but as it stands they are our only soddin hope of surviving, can't see any other takers, wrong catchment zone etc.

Taking the basic publicly available knowledge we have:

1- We are a loss making enterprise from a business perspective, unless we get promoted

2- FUP regulations are being relaxed

3- They are not skint

For a company like 'Venkys' they have four options at this point

1- Go for it (by spending) and make a name for themselves back home and abroad

2- Wind the club down to a sustainable level, which will not fit with the business model or actions taken (getting PL in etc)

3- Cut the funding and sell.. which they have said they will not and have not made any indication they would consider it

4- Turn the club into a feeder club which may be the case, but doubtful with ongoing losses

As for who to believe could not agree more mate, sadly it goes through all walks of life.. it is a tough one but with footy fees I tend to go by transfermkt these days (for all their faults the darn Germans love accuracy), they tend to be pretty darn close and at least disclose stuff like who the agents are etc.. by their figures it is 19.1m since the summer started but without some unknown fees, like loan fees and Bennett.

Taken for a ride ...ha ha that old chestnut it was the Charlatans who out Charlatanised the Charlatans....

I have would not miss any of our current team players one iota if they left tomorrow..the apathy is so overwhelming.

As for those dreaming of 15 Million investment in players close season?this by the same fool's who claimed Champions league football was achievable with 5 Million investment?.....I will believe it when it happens!!!

Don't the parachute payments end this year...the club potentially 8 Million worse off?

:o

With the amount of players out of contract, if the manager has the same budget in wages, he can improve the squad in a mixture of transfer fees and wages. This summer will pretty much define how much Venkys have changed, if they give the manager nothing, then it's a big step backwards in ambition from appointing PL. If they do, then maybe they have changed their minds on how to get promoted.

Time will tell, lets just get a couple of wins and get the relegation thing sorted quickly.

Yeah he did pretty well in the market, though calling Judge a mistake is probably more a fault of the manager than the scouts, did not fit with Bowyers style... at the same time Bowyers transfer dealings brought in the squad we have today, so bar the few mentioned it was a failure.. after all picking fringe players from the Premier league or top rated players in league one isn't hard going on so called scouts.

Not meaning to beat up our previous manager but " Bowyer's style " ? What was it ? Because I couldn't discern one.

Henley needs showing the door but it'll be difficult as I think he signed a new contract not long ago ? May be wrong but I've seen (and heard) enough about this kid now. He's a big girls blouse who's operating a league or two above what he can produce consistently. PL likes to beef things up so this one needs putting out to grass. Not even good enough back up.

• Backroom

Henley needs showing the door but it'll be difficult as I think he signed a new contract not long ago ? May be wrong but I've seen (and heard) enough about this kid now. He's a big girls blouse who's operating a league or two above what he can produce consistently. PL likes to beef things up so this one needs putting out to grass. Not even good enough back up.

Needs to be loaned out at the very least if we can't sell. The lad seems to be a liability every time he steps onto the pitch at present. Today would suggest he isn't even good enough to be back up.

At least Derby are likely starting to regret giving us money for the poorer Olsson twin...

He's quick a bit like Marcus but he's such a lightweight mard arse who just never seems to grasp the positional side of it. Missing out on that hard knocks education of being out on loan lower down has been really costly with him. He's a lucky boy he wasn't found out before they threw a daft 5 yr contract in front of him.

To be honest there isn't that many I'd want to keep.

Probably Steele (back-up only), Spurr (back-up only), Hanley, Duffy, Bennett, Ward, Marshall, Jackson (back-up only) & Lenihan.

I'd also look to sign Gomez permanently. Graham and Watt will have to go some between now and the end of the season to show they're worth signing permanently.

On reflection the fact I'm happy for so many of them to leave is an indictment of the current s**t state of our squad!

To be honest there isn't that many I'd want to keep.

Probably Steele (back-up only), Spurr (back-up only), Hanley, Duffy, Bennett, Ward, Marshall, Jackson (back-up only) & Lenihan.

I'd also look to sign Gomez permanently. Graham and Watt will have to go some between now and the end of the season to show they're worth signing permanently.

On reflection the fact I'm happy for so many of them to leave is an indictment of the current s**t state of our squad!

Gomez too good for mid table championship and half empty poor support. He'll keep us up and go somewhereb better. Unless chaddy is right and PL has assurances from someone.

I'd keep Steele, Raya, Marshall, Ward, Duffy, Hanley, Spurr, Evans, Lowe, Lenihan, Bennett, Conway, Jackson, Watt and Gomez and Graham if possible. Obviously most would in an ideal world be on the bench but as for all the rest, they can just jog on. Henley and Brown especially, although he won't be doing much jogging anyway!

Archived