BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer 2016. Who Stays? Who Goes? You Decide!

Amo

There'd be interest in Marshall but not at the money it was rumoured last time. For a few million someone will be on him seeing as he's now proved versatile. Similarly Duffy would attract interest for a couple of mill probably. Hanley will be the next golden goose and I wouldn't be surprised if he knows someone is monitoring him closely hence his head down mind on the job turn around. Bit like Dann did.

I also wonder if our asking prices might be a good bit lower than in the recent past :blink:

Jackson hasn't done anywhere near enough to warrant a permanent deal. Looks lower-Championship, L1 standard.

He was but even they didn't want him. Must be cheap that lad but if so then what I will say is he puts more in than some of the previous cheapo's. If he's on anything more than 5k pwk though they all want sacking.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I was a Premiership manager I would be looking at Marshall as a right back. For a Premiership side - £2 to 3m wouldn't be out of the question (how much did Trippier go for ?)

He is absolute class in that position - amazing the stick that GB got for playing him there.

On current form - it is between him and Hanley for player of the season - with my money on Marshall (unless his form dips). Which based on previous history means he will go.

TBH - there wouldn't be too much I would change in defence at the moment - other than a better left back.

He's looked better on the defensive side of it under Lambert for some reason. Maybe it's just fitness or the extra edge encouraged in training now but he looked ropey a god few times playing there last season. He'll always look good going forwards from that position as it's natural to him to do that but right back first and foremost is about defending.

Marshall gets beaten on the outside too often to be labelled 'absolute class' in that position for me. Not quite like Henley on Saturday though of course. Not knocking the guy for it though, he's relatively new to the position after all. He certainly benefits from the extra space he gets going forward though.

If I was a Premiership manager I would be looking at Marshall as a right back. For a Premiership side - £2 to 3m wouldn't be out of the question (how much did Trippier go for ?)

He is absolute class in that position - amazing the stick that GB got for playing him there.

On current form - it is between him and Hanley for player of the season - with my money on Marshall (unless his form dips). Which based on previous history means he will go.

TBH - there wouldn't be too much I would change in defence at the moment - other than a better left back.

Marshall has been missing from last Xmas to the Xmas just gone. Granted his form in recent weeks has been excellent but surely Hanley has by a country mile been the best most consistent performer this season

• Backroom

Jackson has played well everytime I've seen him and is a good option to run at defences late in games, he'll likely be super cheap and can play out wide or up top, I would look to keep him myself.

Its interesting that someone on the MB says that Rhodes is on the Boro bench at the moment because he doesn't meet their fitness requirements.

That might also account for that long period when Marshall didn't perform to his previous and why so many others went off the boil after an encouraging start.

Pretty basic you'd think?

David Nugent seems to think Rhodes will play most home games whilst he will often start away from home

I can see the logic in that, but all that money for a player who can only be used every other game?

• Moderation Lead

I can see the logic in that, but all that money for a player who can only be used every other game?

Must be nice to be able to spend all that money on a player you use every other game and still comply with FFP!

David Nugent seems to think Rhodes will play most home games whilst he will often start away from home

That's the way to go about it with him if you've got other players capable of scoring to cover. Huddersfield used to do that with him sometimes even in league 1.

The way they are playing I'd welcome the permanent signings of Graham, Gomez and Grimes. Think Watt will improve over time with more minutes under his belt.

Already been said there's no way in hell. Swansea City have big plans for him and they might REALLY need him back!

So does everyone love Akpan again now then :)

Didn't think he was that impressive as far as the entire game. Then again I didn't badmouth him after the West Ham game either.

Last night's performance against a team which would have gone top if it hadn't lost against us puts quite a few players in a rather different light.

Let's see if they carry on making the case to be included in next season's promotion campaign by pushing us into a very comfortable top half finish this season.

Problem is the games are coming too thick and fast. No time to recover and reflect on the last game before the next one is on us.

Its bound to produce some inconsistency because of mental and physical fatigue. I realise that isn't a popular view with some on here-

"I carry furniture up and down stairs for 8 hours everyday etc" style of thing but in sport at a high level, it does give opponents the edge.

Very hard for us to keep coming back up for games like this over and over again.

We should expect bad results along the way to a general improvement but let's hope its not this week!

Should be looking to get Graham and Gomez deals done as soon as we can.

Also give Jackson a new 1 year contract. Good as an impact sub. Not as a starter.

Good shout on Jackson i think. Decent enough impact sub and squad player.

Graham and Gomez i would definitely be keen on signing.

[quote name="chaddyrovers" post="1623567" timestamp="1456905460

Also give Jackson a new 1 year contract. Good as an impact sub. Not as a starter.

If a player is not good enough to start then he shouldn't be at the club taking a wage. In my opinion he's a lightweight and we should be looking for better. He literally never got a kick against West Ham.

There's better than him playing down Pleasy....

Archived