BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer 2016. Who Stays? Who Goes? You Decide!

Amo

Goalkeepers:

Steele
Eastwood
Raya
Defenders:
Henley
Nyambe
Hanley
Duffy
Kilgallon
Spurr
Olsson
Midfielders:
Evans
Lowe
Akpan
Guthrie
Williamson
Lenihan
Conway
Marshall
Bennett
Taylor
Petshi
O'Sullivan
Forwards:
Rhodes
Brown
Delfouneso
Koita
Forrester
Contract expires in Summer 2016
As you can see, there's a lot players we can cut loose at the end of the season, most of whom should be surplus to requirements anyway. The only one I would be keen on keeping is Lenihan, the rest of them can leave as far as I'm concerned. We need fresh faces and fresh ideas. The management & scouting network will need to work overtime but it's high time we cleaned house and started over.
It could very well be that we have to generate our own transfer kitty next summer, but if you look at the our few saleable assets, we'll probably be weaker without them, apart from Marshall but he's only worth around £2m. Rhodes will undoubtedly be the subject of much press speculation in the summer. Does he fit into Lambert's preferred style of play? Based on current form, it doesn't look like it. If we decided to cash in on him that would hypothetically leave us with Koita as our only recognised striker. :o However, Lambert & his backroom staff will be hard-pressed to find a group of strikers more toothless than our current batch.
Last night's gaffe has highlighted why Steele shouldn't be our No. 1. I think he's decent enough to have as backup (provided his wages aren't an issue), but he's not consistent enough for a team with promotion ambitions (that's us... right?) and should deputize.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Goalkeepers:

Steele
Eastwood
Raya
Defenders:
Henley
Nyambe
Hanley
Duffy
Kilgallon
Spurr
Olsson
Midfielders:
Evans
Lowe
Akpan
Guthrie
Williamson
Lenihan
Conway
Marshall
Bennett
Taylor
Petshi
O'Sullivan
Forwards:
Rhodes
Brown
Delfouneso
Koita
Forrester
The ones in red would be the ones I'd show the door too.

* New GK

Steele

Raya (loan out)

Henley

Nyambe (loan out)

Hanley

Duffy

* New CB

* New LB

* New RB

Lowe

Lenihan

Evans

Akpan

* New CM

Conway

Bennett

* New LM/RM

* New LM/RM

Rhodes

Koita

* New FW

* New FW

Slightly smaller squad but quality over quantity.

Goalkeepers:

Steele
Raya
Defenders:
Henley
Hanley
Duffy
Olsson
Midfielders:
Evans
Akpan
Guthrie
Lenihan
Conway
Marshall
Bennett
Taylor
Forwards:
Rhodes
Contract expires in Summer 2016

Quite the restructure to do if I was in the boss seat.

• Moderation Lead

Other than Lenihan and Olsson I wouldn't be bothered about keeping anyone whose contract expries at the end of the season, that makes it a lot easier.

We need a heck of an overhaul as we still need a lot more quality.

Goalkeepers:

Steele
Eastwood
Raya
Defenders:
Henley
Nyambe
Hanley
Duffy
Kilgallon
Spurr
Olsson
Midfielders:
Evans
Lowe
Akpan
Guthrie
Williamson
Lenihan
Conway
Marshall
Bennett
Taylor
Petshi
O'Sullivan
Forwards:
Rhodes
Brown
Delfouneso
Koita
Forrester

black keep

red get shut of

I think there is a fair chance that Lambert was acutely aware of how many players were out of contract this summer, when he took the job. Looking at things now, I reckon he was just given the task of ensuring we don't go down this season. Neither him, or anyone else at the club would have stated that when he was appointed. I am sure he is no mug and knew a lot of players at the club, are not fit for purpose.

Once the summer arrives, all the players leaving, gives him scope to bring new ones in, as the wage bill should stand that. How much he will have available to spend, remains to be seen. Although the heat is on at the minute, due to the last 4 games in particular, I am sure if we keep the gap from the bottom 3 to the current 8 points, that heat will slowly disperse.

From next season, hopefully with a few new faces and a clean slate for everyone, the club can return to being a club we are all rightly proud of again.

Steele - I'd upgrade if we had money spare but we don't and he's proved ok last season.

Eastwood - ta ta, he's prob on about 10k pwk.

Raya - Keep although a long loan out as a no 1 somewhere in league 1 will tell us more about him. Try and find a keeper with experience who can push Steele for the jersey.

Henley - Get a proper right back in but keep him as the back up and hope he ups his game and fights for the shirt.

Hanley - Keep for sure, massive contrast to last season.

Duffy - I'd probably keep but he needs to iron out his flaws. I'd still prefer an experienced centre back next to one of these two.

Olsson - Keep apart from a daft offer or if he's asking for daft wages then goodbye.

Evans - Keep as he is capable of being decent given the right partner.

Akpan - Keep he's shown enough to warrant it.

Willo - Thanks but it's time to move on and replace on bench with youth.

Guthrie - @#/? off

Lowe - Keep and use as squad man.

Marshall - Time for a change best for both I think but it would have to be 2 mill +

Conway - Deffo keep

Rhodes - First option is keep but another 10+ offer and it has to be thought about IF and only if it's being reinvested otherwise forget it.

Brown - Bus fare home to Donny

Delf - I'm sure we can do better although he can be a tricky player on his day

Koita - Loan to league 1 and see

Killa, Taylor, Spurr etc are handy back up players but will be costing wages and non of them really offer anything from the bench. I'd prob keep them all but if we need to save cash.........

For me

Out: Koita, Brown, Delfouneso, Killa, Williamson, Taylor, Sullivan, Eastwood, Guthrie, Forrester, Petschi, and Akpan.

Leaving

Raya, Steele

Henley, Nyambe, Duffy, Olsson, Hanley, Spurr, Marshall

Lennihan, Evans, Lowe, Conway, Bennett, Mahoney, Tomlinson.

Rhodes

Sign 2 creative, 1 CB, 2 Wingers, and 2 Strikers. Then i would be happy with the squad.

So much crap in there, only Rhodes, Conway, Bennett, Hanley, Duffy and Ollson should definitely stay.

I'd offload crap like Koita, Brown, Delfounso, Taylor, Lowe, Petshi, Spurr etc without any thought if theres a chance, and people like Akpan arent good enough to build a promotion push around, ever.

Goalkeepers:

Steele
Eastwood
Raya
Defenders:
Henley
Nyambe
Hanley
Duffy
Kilgallon
Spurr
Olsson
Midfielders:
Evans
Lowe
Akpan
Guthrie
Williamson
Lenihan
Conway
*Marshall
Bennett
Taylor
Petshi
O'Sullivan
Forwards:
Rhodes
Brown
Delfouneso
Koita
Forrester
Black = keep
Red = definitely get rid
orange = I'd get rid if any decent offer came in.
*Marshall is an enigma. He's been pretty awful but did well last night. He could be a very good attacking full back. He needs to stick to one position for a year and that may be his best. On that basis - at RB - I would keep him.

So much crap in there, only Rhodes, Conway, Bennett, Hanley, Duffy and Ollson should definitely stay.

I'd offload crap like Koita, Brown, Delfounso, Taylor, Lowe, Petshi, Spurr etc without any thought if theres a chance, and people like Akpan arent good enough to build a promotion push around, ever.

Our priority is staying in this league. Promotion can wait.

• Backroom

Don't think I'd renew a single contract expiring in the summer, even Olsson if he's got attitude problems. Him and Spurr leaving would obviously create a void at LB, but neither of them are anything special. We could bring in much better for the first team and at least the same level of quality at back up.

I'd sell Marshall, Henley, Lowe, Guthrie, O'Sullivan and Koita if any remotely decent bids came in. We can and must do better than all of them if we're looking to get promoted. I wouldn't be averse to Henley and Lowe sticking around as back up if no decent bids come in.

Such an exodus of players would leave us with a lot of work to do recruitment wise, but there are too many players here who can't be relied upon. The only way to progress is to shake the squad up in a big way. Keep those who have shown they are capable of better and willing to improve, get rid of the rest ASAP.

If Olsson doesnt want to here then get rid.

I would use Marshall and Spurr as our full backs for the rest of the season If Spurr played well then reward him with a new contract.

I would offer new contracts to Lenihan, Spurr(if he plays well) and Taylor.

I would look to sell Guthrie, O'Sullivan Henley and Koita. Maybe Lowe aswell

We need to sign this summer

A target man(if we dont one perm in January)

A striker with pace

Goalscoring centre midfielder

Left back

3rd choice centre half.

Right back

Maybe a winger/Striker aswell

When I see the squad set out like that it just depresses me. Amazing how far we have fallen year on year for 5 years.

I suppose the main factor must be how much money Lambert has and who he can get in for that money who is better than what we have. You would think there's plenty of scope for improvement , especially if we can can get rid of the higher earners.

Personally wouldn't be too fussed about retaining any of the out of contracts, there must be better out there. Wonder what our scouting network is like nowadays.

Keep

Gk

Steele (as no.2)

Defence:

Olsson

Hanley

Duffy

Midfield:

Akpan

Lowe

Evans

Bennett

Lenihan

Conway

Attack:

Rhodes

Lose:

Eastwood

Raya

Henley

Kilgallon

Spurr

Guthrie

Williamson

Marshall

Taylor

Petshi

O'Sullivan

Brown

Delfouneso

Koita

Forrester

Should free up a bit of room. Some of the keeps are only because we are unlikely to be able to get 25 players in one transfer window.

Archived