BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mk Dons At Home

Just think if Karl Robinson had signed the contract Williams & co were offering and stayed at Rovers there probably wouldn't have been no need to bring in Steve Kean. Things might have been very different although Robinson was probably SEM/Kentaro anyway but I'd say we owe him a beating :rover:

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just think if Karl Robinson had signed the contract Williams & co were offering and stayed at Rovers there probably wouldn't have been no need to bring in Steve Kean. Things might have been very different although Robinson was probably SEM/Kentaro anyway but I'd say we owe him a beating :rover:

Speaking of Karl Robinson he believes there is NO CHANCE (IN HELL) of Rovers being relegated. Presumably he isn't quite so assured about his own teams chances...

We get it, you don't like Brown.

A quick search says you've made 65 posts about him. 65!! You're obsessed.

You've ploughed your way through 65+ posts? You're obsessed. :glare:

Even if he plays well, contributes a massive amount to the team and we win?

He doesn't. He is a non footballer.

He doesn't. He is a non footballer.

He definitely did against Fulham. At times his presence had impacted games, without goals.

We are not blessed with strikers, Whilst I agree he's not a good footballer- we aren't exactly stuck for choice.

He definitely did against Fulham. At times his presence had impacted games, without goals.

We are not blessed with strikers, Whilst I agree he's not a good footballer- we aren't exactly stuck for choice.

You're both right. He's a non-footballer but he can definitely contribute. He definitely did against Fulham, he definitely didn't against West Ham. Here's hoping for the former today.

Graham, Watt, Jackson, Delfuenso. All far better than Brown.

• Backroom

Well, looking at the betting site I use, we are the favourite team to win in the Championship today. In fact out of the top 2 leagues only Leicester at home to Norwich have lower odds than us.

Absolutely crackers IMO. How the hell is a team that has won 1 in 11 league games the hottest favourite to win.

People will point to the opposition, but MK have only lost 2 of the last 6 games, and sit slightly above us in most form tables.

I can see this being a draw, but hope to hell i'm wrong and we get a repeat of the Fulham home game.

I think MK Dons will win.........................on aggregate :blush:

We've played a few decent teams lately resulting in 1 point and a shameful cup exit. We've also played a decidedly average team which resulted in an easy 3 points.

Here come another average team rolling into town. Another 3 points on the board meaning we'll probably only need to get a further 3 points to ensure Championship football at Ewood for 2016-17.

3-1... and thoughts turning towards England v Ireland before the final whistle.

This is a match we have to win - comfortably and by a couple of goals.

No overreactions to losing against teams at the top. They aren't the ones that matter this year - they'll have far more significance in the following 2-3 seasons if/when we move towards promotion. We have to take heart from some good performances of late (excluding West Ham - who are quite literally in a different league to us).

I'd hope for 2 or 3 nil. Would like to see us get another clean sheet if possible as we've leaked a few soft ones in recent games, but as long as we score more goals than they do I don't care too much!

Great to see Marshall in good form of late, but I'd like to see a couple of other names joining him with big performances and goals.

Our problem all season had been we relied so heavily on Rhodes, and we can't afford to finish the season relying so heavily on Marshall. In his case, it's not just goals - it's his ability to create goals, win set pieces and put the ball in the back of the net. We aren't over-reliant on him yet, but he's certainly been a standout player of late. We need more to step up to the plate with outstanding performances like his of late.

Not looking good for Watt, though, when Brown gets the nod ahead of him.

It's fitness apparently (according to Lambert's interview in the LT). Certainly believable - I'll be more worried for Watt's future if he's not making it in ahead of Brown within the next couple of weeks though. If he's not at a good level of fitness soon then it'll be very concerning.

• Backroom

But But your lover Akpan isn't playing

Hope needs a bit of a kick up the bum, bright at the start of the season but his last few appearances he's shown a bit of lack of desire which is one thing there's no excuses for.

The last time that team started they won 3-0 so there can't be many arguments.

Had high hopes for Watt but seems something isn't right which is why the loan with a view deal was a good option

But But your lover Akpan isn't playing

No Akpan has to be great news. Maybe Lambert has figured out he's a bit useless most of the time. Initially I too hoped that Akpan could come good with a run of games, but couldn't have been further from the truth.

Evans, Lenihan, Bennett and Gomez looks far stronger than a midfield with Akpan in it. Hope he ends up in the same place as Taylor, Guthrie and Williamson - ie nowhere near the first team!

Hope needs a bit of a kick up the bum, bright at the start of the season but his last few appearances he's shown a bit of lack of desire which is one thing there's no excuses for.

The last time that team started they won 3-0 so there can't be many arguments.

Had high hopes for Watt but seems something isn't right which is why the loan with a view deal was a good option

Akpan was bright at the start of the season in a team which lacked confidence and generally lacked desire. He used to try quite hard and I wanted him to come good, but I can see why other teams had let him go. He wasn't good enough for Reading and he's proven himself not to be good enough for us.

Archived