BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Them From Yorksheer When Police Say It All Kicks Off At 12.30!

Looked disgraceful. Perhaps the groundsman used some dodgy weedkiller on it or something. Rovers have won best pitch awards in the past (97 or 98, 99-2000 if I recall right) but even under the previous groundsman it certainly had dodgy periods before and after. If it isn't down to laziness then what's the issue? Highbury never seemed to have a bad pitch it was always consistently good far as I can recall.

I've been critical of Venkys over the pitch in recent years as they penny pinched just re seeding it. Last summer however it had a complete relay and was looking great early on but the weather has been freakish ever since then so that's the main reason. However some other clubs still seem to cope with that so I'd question if there is still issues with drainage and also the materials & turf used etc.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gomez is a luxury player and possibly not the answer

Graham holds the ball up but needs someone to feed off him and score as a strikers live and die by putting the ball in the net

what's his wages can see his agent punting him around so he could possibly be out our price range is he the answer?

Watt definitely has talent needs it nurturing

Needs someone to play off him and score......hmm that's an interesting one. A club like us will struggle to find a 20 goal a season striker B)

Needs someone to play off him and score......hmm that's an interesting one. A club like us will struggle to find a 20 goal a season striker B)

Dont think he's a 20 goal a season striker but certainly get into double figures. Just need somone along side him.

I'd definitely be looking at Ben Turner from Cardiff and Dwight Gayle from palace. Latter is obviously a long shot and likely to cost lots but the former has played well whenever I've seen him play,

If Duffy to Sunderland for 5 million is true then yes please. Although knowing the venksters that money would go towards their new sauna and swimming pool

And then he would be hounded out

I'd definitely be looking at Ben Turner from Cardiff and Dwight Gayle from palace. Latter is obviously a long shot and likely to cost lots but the former has played well whenever I've seen him play,

If Duffy to Sunderland for 5 million is true then yes please. Although knowing the venksters that money would go towards their new sauna and swimming pool

Don't think it would tho, does fat Venky look like he uses water?

I can't blame anybody for refusing to pay good money when there is a good chance they will have to watch Chris Brown. Probably cuts several hundred off the gate.

That is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read on here.

Didn't Gayle just signed a new contract at Palace.

I think we're in for one interesting summer the loanees will we actually sign any of them with wages being factored into the equation

Are the vultures circling around Hanley and Duffy?

Will Marshall still be around?

The most significant question is will PL get the Rhodes cash or will that be the more than likely parachute payments plugger if that's the case will he get the assurance money for the players war chest anyway

But let's not forget we are talking Venky's

Also let's not forget the talent they've shipped out of Ewood since their reign of terror began and please no one say they were badly advised.. Bullshit at high corporate levels business doesn't get badly advised on occasions it may seem that way in public to suit but in reality it's totally different were pound notes are concerned

he may well have done I'm not sure. Doesn't mean we couldn't still put in a bid for him

Yeah he signed a new contract just before the transfer window ended.

Bristol City made a 7 or 8 million pounds bid for him. I wouldn't be looking to sign him at that price.

we do need a pacey striker in tho. Maybe Newcastle United's striker Adam Armstrong who is on loan at Coventry

I can't blame anybody for refusing to pay good money when there is a good chance they will have to watch Chris Brown. Probably cuts several hundred off the gate.

Unbelievable.

Surprised more hasn't been said about this but Lenihan's defending for their second goal was shocking. All the more surprising given he came through the ranks as a centre half didn't he?

First basic rule of defending is to mark the danger. Antenucci was marauding towards goal with the ball and was clearly more of a danger than the Leeds player in the centre whom Lenihan chose to mark instead. I was screaming 'get across!' All Lenihan had to do was to move across a little to cut the danger off. It may well explain Steele's late reaction at coming off his line; he probably didn't expect to have a '1 on 1' with Antenucci.

Lenihan has been a revelation for us and is rightly being lauded for his performances. No doubt Lambert is the kind of manager who will have a quiet word with him about it.

That's what you get with raw young lads though, they make gaffs but players with 100+ games at that level still do it occasionally. Someone else should really be organising them and taking responsibility.

• Backroom

Maybe it was.----Before your post.

Believe it!

Sorry Al, but any 'fan' who refuses to watch his team because one player (who actually hasn't played all that badly recently) may play is no fan of Blackburn Rovers.

Support the team regardless = fan.

Maybe it was.----Before your post.

Believe it!

If you really believe what you said to be correct you should be able to support it with valid points or evidence. Clearly you have neither, just a silly off the cuff comment.

Sorry Al, but any 'fan' who refuses to watch his team because one player (who actually hasn't played all that badly recently) may play is no fan of Blackburn Rovers.

Regardless ? Was you supporting Kean ? Do you support what venkys have done regardless ?

Leon best, Murphy , Orr

If you really believe what you said to be correct you should be able to support it with valid points or evidence. Clearly you have neither, just a silly off the cuff comment.

Sorry can't take your post seriously enough to start defending myself.

• Backroom

Regardless ? Was you supporting Kean ? Do you support what venkys have done regardless ?

Leon best, Murphy , Orr

'Support the team', not the manager, nor individual players.

I personally go to matches when I am well enough but do not blame anyone who will not pay to watch Brown. It's your opinion against mine but Brown has played badly in every match since he arrived. If you consider "He hasn't played at all badly recently" I suggest you try facing the pitch. I usually agree with you on most things Mike but I'm not having that. He is abysmal.

First half, couldn't believe we'd gone in one down. Lenihan should be made to sit down in front of the telly box, watch what he didn't do, and be made to write 100 lines about how sh*t his choice was to wander towards goal than the attacker!

My observations:

1. Having spent a lot of money on relaying the pitch, refusing to pay the leccy bill to put the ultraviolet lights on it and keep it tip top is stupid.

2. Bennett was excellent first half, faded second.

3. Leeds turn out was poor, arrogant throughout.

4. Why did they get the whole end, when they could have fit in half of it? Poor decisions from club & police.

5. P*ss poor defending for the first goal - we need money to strengthen the team, period.

6. Can't believe Bast*rds are where they are!

At least we beat Wales!

orr n murphy ? did you support them when they palyed ...i ranted at them

First half, couldn't believe we'd gone in one down. Lenihan should be made to sit down in front of the telly box, watch what he didn't do, and be made to write 100 lines about how sh*t his choice was to wander towards goal than the attacker!

My observations:

1. Having spent a lot of money on relaying the pitch, refusing to pay the leccy bill to put the ultraviolet lights on it and keep it tip top is stupid.

2. Bennett was excellent first half, faded second.

3. Leeds turn out was poor, arrogant throughout.

4. Why did they get the whole end, when they could have fit in half of it? Poor decisions from club & police.

5. P*ss poor defending for the first goal - we need money to strengthen the team, period.

6. Can't believe Bast*rds are where they are!

At least we beat Wales!

wales? its not til summer :blink:

Archived