BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Them From Yorksheer When Police Say It All Kicks Off At 12.30!

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't blame anybody for refusing to pay good money when there is a good chance they will have to watch Chris Brown. Probably cuts several hundred off the gate.

Still obsessed with Brown I see. Even when he's not playing!

I personally go to matches when I am well enough but do not blame anyone who will not pay to watch Brown. It's your opinion against mine but Brown has played badly in every match since he arrived. If you consider "He hasn't played at all badly recently" I suggest you try facing the pitch. I usually agree with you on most things Mike but I'm not having that. He is abysmal.

I can only assume youve missed the matches where hes been ok. Hes ually pretty poor, but he has had a couple of decent appearances. Its an odd school of thought to not go to a match because of one fringe player. If that is the mentality of several hundred folk then im baffled by their logic too. Doesnt that make the 10,000 of us that still go wrong? Including yourself ;-)

I can only assume youve missed the matches where hes been ok. Hes ually pretty poor, but he has had a couple of decent appearances. Its an odd school of thought to not go to a match because of one fringe player. If that is the mentality of several hundred folk then im baffled by their logic too. Doesnt that make the 10,000 of us that still go wrong? Including yourself ;-)

I'm sure he won the MOTM only a few weeks ago.

Still obsessed with Brown I see. Even when he's not playing!

Still obsessed with me I see!

I'm sure he won the MOTM only a few weeks ago.

Been dreaming Den?

He's dreaming that last time we played Leeds we beat them with a certain striker scoring two . TWO!! That's two more than the" MOTM" Brown has scored in his entire Rovers career. He's more cards than goals and that speaks volumes.Would you rather have a non scoring striker scoring goals or picking MOTM up?

I'm disappointed, but it was kind of nice to be disappointed in the same way I used to be.

It sounds off, but for the last few years my disappointment hasn't been with isolated games - it's always been a case of 'same old rubbish, we are destined to underachieve', whereas with Lambert I feel it was a one off and simply a bad day at the office.

My disappointment is more akin to the disappointment I'd sometimes feel under Hughes, because the standards had been raised. I haven't explained it well, but it feels nice to be peeved at an isolated performance, as opposed to peeved at regular shortcomings and the feeling of 'this will never change'.

I'm disappointed, but it was kind of nice to be disappointed in the same way I used to be.

It sounds off, but for the last few years my disappointment hasn't been with isolated games - it's always been a case of 'same old rubbish, we are destined to underachieve', whereas with Lambert I feel it was a one off and simply a bad day at the office.

My disappointment is more akin to the disappointment I'd sometimes feel under Hughes, because the standards had been raised. I haven't explained it well, but it feels nice to be peeved at an isolated performance, as opposed to peeved at regular shortcomings and the feeling of 'this will never change'.

Pretty much how I felt coming off, though I have to say I didn't think we were THAT bad. The final ball was lacking and we gave away two sloppy goals, but generally we had a good shape and you could at least see what we were trying to do. The thing about young players like Lenihan is that he will have the odd game like this, it is part of the learning process. On another day we would have got at least a point from this one, even with the same performance.

According to all the Yorkshire press, Liam Bridcutt was the best midfielder on the pitch, he's on loan from Sunderland, always liked him at Brighton.

I wonder whether PL might be interested in a sneaky bid in the summer, maybe we can offer him a better deal than Leeds will be prepared to.

I was mountaineering whilst the game was on and decided to leave the mobile (which incidentally I can thoroughly recommend as a form of therapy).

I can only assume that the play-offs are off due to Mercer's terrible predictions.

If anything after some great recent results and a top performance the other night ( which could have swung so different but for a shocking ref) yesterday proved more than ever that we are light years away from the top six

It was a battle between two labouring mid table sides at best both devoid of any quality whatsoever

Steele been criticised in recent months but again he made a top draw save Bennett has come on and had a decent game was the other shining light for me and for Leeds the lad at centre forward had a cracker bullying our midfield/ defenders

In a all honesty it was two sides probably too good to go down but in need of major surgery to be anywhere near challenging

Talking to a local Leeds fan from Blackburn he said more or less the same about both teams.

1. Having spent a lot of money on relaying the pitch, refusing to pay the leccy bill to put the ultraviolet lights on it and keep it tip top is stupid.

!

Do we have UV lighting rigs? It's the first time I've heard this. Years back I wouldn't have been surprised if Rovers did light the pitch, today I'd be very surprised as we are so focused on cost saving before success.

While I don't have any data I'm inclined to think the winter weather conditions are now taking toll on the pitch. High rainfall, higher than usual temperatures and low light levels may combine to promote top growth but little root growth. Recently the pitch has dried out but plant growth slowed with the recent drop in temperature. It could be there has not been enough root growth this winter to hold the pitch together and the drier surface is now breaking up. It was noticeable the sprinklers were in use in Saturday for the first time in ages.

What's below the surface is just as important as what's on top.

Archived