BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sheff Wed Away 5Th April

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Conway got nowhere near the ball, I'm afraid it was a red all the way. Nothing to do with bad refereeing on this occasion. Idiotic challenge under the circumstances.

As with the Duffy sending off - it is the referee's fault. Yet again a clear foul is missed - Wednesday score - without that the situation that saw Conway sent off wouldn't have happened. Love to know who ran over the black cat at Ewood - not getting the rub of the green at the moment.

Absolutely dire again. Worst Rovers team for donkey's years. Lambert might quite rightly say he needs backing but look at What Warnock has done at Rotherham in a short space of time. We don't look any better than we did when Bowyer left and I was a big critic of his. Team littered with below average footballers with no bottle. Roll on May.

Careful, you'll be accused of being a Bowyer apologist when all you've done is state the facts.

Yes, yes, yes, I know Lambert has decided to save the wins for next season, and deliberately made us look like a poor man's Bolton (or Crewe, or Stevenage, or Padiham...) away from home as some sort of smokescreen for his grand plan, but it's wearing a bit thin.

I totally accept that we were up against it after the latest 'unlucky' red card (3 in 3 looks less like luck tho'...), but did anyone on here think we had a chance of winning?

I haven't felt like we had a sniff of winning away since January, the performances against Boro and Burnley just flattering to deceive our abused away fans.

Again, I expect Lambert (or any Premier League manager) to occasionally conjure something tactically when we are struggling away, or with 10 men.

He has not brought the best out of GBs rejects but has also not brought in replacements to help steer us away from the relegation zone. I hear the screams that he couldn't possibly have brought sufficient replacements in during the January window, and I agree with that. All the more reason to keep 5 or 6 of the existing squad onside and motivate at least one or 2 of them to play better than under Bowyer.

And finally, all I have heard from Lambert recently is complaints about the referees and Venky's baiting.....and now I've just listened to him say he can't confirm what his future will be at the club.

What a season. Happy bloody days.

Careful, you'll be accused of being a Bowyer apologist when all you've done is state the facts.

Yes, yes, yes, I know Lambert has decided to save the wins for next season, and deliberately made us look like a poor man's Bolton (or Crewe, or Stevenage, or Padiham...) away from home as some sort of smokescreen for his grand plan, but it's wearing a bit thin.

I totally accept that we were up against it after the latest 'unlucky' red card (3 in 3 looks less like luck tho'...), but did anyone on here think we had a chance of winning?

I haven't felt like we had a sniff of winning away since January, the performances against Boro and Burnley just flattering to deceive our abused away fans.

Again, I expect Lambert (or any Premier League manager) to occasionally conjure something tactically when we are struggling away, or with 10 men.

He has not brought the best out of GBs rejects but has also not brought in replacements to help steer us away from the relegation zone. I hear the screams that he couldn't possibly have brought sufficient replacements in during the January window, and I agree with that. All the more reason to keep 5 or 6 of the existing squad onside and motivate at least one or 2 of them to play better than under Bowyer.

And finally, all I have heard from Lambert recently is complaints about the referees and Venky's baiting.....and now I've just listened to him say he can't confirm what his future will be at the club.

What a season. Happy bloody days.

What did he say ?

Lambert is having to use players who were already here and/or players he has brought in under FFP. Also the club has had to clear out the high earners.

IMO Lambert has demonstrated that he is the best manager we've had since Mark Hughes.

I am fearful he will leave because of Indian chicken people's incompetence.

Lambert is having to use players who were already here and/or players he has brought in under FFP. Also the club has had to clear out the high earners.

IMO Lambert has demonstrated that he is the best manager we've had since Mark Hughes.

I am fearful he will leave because of Indian chicken people's incompetence.

I think Lambert will end up being great if he gets the chance, but he's done nothing to suggest he's better than Allardyce. His record is marginally better than Bowyer's!

The idea that brown is ever going to score a crucial winner/equaliser/any goal at all reminds me of that hypothesis of giving a monkey a typewriter and eventually he ll type the complete works of Shakespeare

That made me laugh. Best post I've seen on here for a long while.

I think Lambert will end up being great if he gets the chance, but he's done nothing to suggest he's better than Allardyce. His record is marginally better than Bowyer's!

He makes choices before and during games that prove to me he is a good and competent manager. Stats and results are down to the poor quality of the squad.

Watch the highlights on sky website for the second goal and Marshall has to produce the WORST clip of defending I have ever seen... he misjudges a ball he thinks he can header... gets back and then falls on his backside. He has probably been our best player so can't knock him but my word it was embarrassing.

He makes choices before and during games that prove to me he is a good and competent manager. Stats and results are down to the poor quality of the squad.

Oh absolutely, I agree, but think it's a bit early to suggest he's a better manager than Allardyce. He's not had much of an impact yet, but I do believe he has the foundations to do very well for us. Shame he's got 1 arm tied behind his back.

At the end of the day a loss is a loss whether you have ten or eleven men on the pitch. There are only so many times you can get away with saying "Difficult to read anything into today because of the sending off". PL may be trying to make us nastier and a bit more difficult to play against rather than just losing graciously as we used to do under Bowyer but we have to start keeping eleven on the pitch to give us half a chance. We're chap enough with eleven as it is.

And who would you have thrown on, JAL? Serious question.

This is a serious answer.

Anyone in the 1st team squad would have a better chance of scoring, or looking like scoring, than Chris Brown, a player so lacking in Championship-level talent that the boos and jeers turned to laughter, and have now turned to (beyond) ironic cheers as the fans have given up on any hope of Lambert finding a plan B.

Again, I would play anyone ahead of Brown:

• Delfounso - no I don't think he's a Championship player.
  • Lowe - would score in 2 years.
  • Kilgallon - would have more composure in the box.
  • The best goalscorer from the U18 or U21 teams.
  • Duffy - Would hold the ball up just as well, but would also score 3 or 4 goals a season.

No, no, no, I'm not advocating playing any of the above but they would all be preferable to Brown.

I wouldn't have him on the bench. He is a figure of fun and is dragging our reputation even lower.

It is NOT poor Browny's fault.

Me, Stan Ternent, Brian Kidd, Paul Ince, my mum, Steve Kean or anyone else could have identified and purchased/loaned a better centre-forward than Browny in January.

Is that serious enough???????????

• Backroom

Watch the highlights on sky website for the second goal and Marshall has to produce the WORST clip of defending I have ever seen... he misjudges a ball he thinks he can header... gets back and then falls on his backside. He has probably been our best player so can't knock him but my word it was embarrassing.

He's not a defender, so arguably should not even be back there. He's been stuck in defence because our only other right back is Henley and somehow he's worse. Then on the other side we have Tommy Spurr.

Anyone with pace on the flanks could rip us apart with ease. Fortunately there aren't many teams with that in this division.

Anyone in the 1st team squad would have a better chance of scoring, or looking like scoring, than Chris Brown, a player so lacking in talent that the boos and jeers turned to laughter, and have now turned to (beyond) ironic cheers as the fans have given up on any hope of Lambert finding a plan B.

• Duffy - Would hold the ball up just as well, but would also score 3 or 4 goals a season.

No, no, no, I'm not advocating playing any of the above but they would all be preferable to Brown.

I wouldn't have him on the bench. He is a figure of fun and is dragging our reputation even lower.

Me, Stan Ternent, Brian Kidd, Paul Ince, my mum, Gary Bowyer, Steve Kean or anyone else could have identified and purchased/loaned a better centre-forward than Browny in January.

Agree with most of your post BUT........Brown was a GB aquisition, was he not? Lambert has been lumbered with him and he is the only forward other than Graham who can put his weight around and worry defenders.

Anyone in the 1st team squad would have a better chance of scoring, or looking like scoring, than Chris Brown, a player so lacking in talent that the boos and jeers turned to laughter, and have now turned to (beyond) ironic cheers as the fans have given up on any hope of Lambert finding a plan B.

Me, Stan Ternent, Brian Kidd, Paul Ince, my mum, Gary Bowyer, Steve Kean or anyone else could have identified and purchased/loaned a better centre-forward than Browny in January.

But Bowyer did sign him and most said at the time he was useless. Awful truly baffling signing he was and they should make Bowyer pay his contract up !!!

What did he say ?

Andy Bayes said to him that as he had always been up front and honest in interviews so far, he had to ask what his personal future at Blackburn Rovers was. He answered that he couldn't give an answer to that and could only repeat the answers that he had been giving since he arrived about it all depending on discussions with the owners etc, and that he was sick of repeating himself.

That's paraphrasing. There'll be an audioboom clip on R Lancs.

Warnock has had an initial bounce like we did with Lambert, we've just been inconsistent recently again.

We didn't get the bounce we beat Bristol city and Preston drew with Wednesday Rotherham have won 5 out of 7 and stormed back from 3-0 down to draw 3-3 with Derby ( doubt our rubber dinghy journeymen would manage that)

Agree with most of your post BUT........Brown was a GB aquisition, was he not? Lambert has been lumbered with him and he is the only forward other than Graham who can put his weight around and worry defenders.

Worry defenders well with both of their goalscoring prowess over the last few years neither of em would worry anyone

Archived