BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sheff Wed Away 5Th April

A game tonight and no match thread, is this a sign of the messageboard apathy?

I suppose around 300 tickets sold shows a general apathy around the club.

I need this match to get the nobbers defeat out of my system even though I think we'll be hard pushed to get anything from the game.

I'll go for a hopeful 1 - 1.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we will get beat by the odd goal.Wednesday are on a roll and were just seeing out the season.being 6hrs ahead of the uk I will follow the game whilst watching the champs league.coyb.

The lack of a match thread is a sign of the apathy among the supporters and probably also the manager and players brought about by the owners non communication as to whether or not funds will be made available to the manager in the close season. If they are not it could be the last straw for me. After 60 odd years. I don't think I can continue to support them if the manager is not backed.

We'll put in a shift but probably get beat by the odd goal, no doubt conceding a pen or some other cock up from Steele or someone. Away from home we are all huff and puff and don't play with our brains at times. Decent sides can handle that then they have the odd players who can pick us off. We aren't yet strong enough and have enough of the right players to make that huff and puff style get us results regularly on the road.

Weds 2 Rovers 1

Another complete rip off at £30 a ticket with zero to play for and the fans enthusiasm and confidence on the floor yet again means an embarrassing away following of about 350. They all deserve a free pie & pint !

I have a strange feeling that we will win against the odds tonight. It is based on absolutely nothing other than this division throws up results like that constantly, and we actually have an ok recent record at Hillsborough (or am I imagining that?).

Will Brown finally break his duck? If he ever is going to do so, its likely to be when we hardly have any supporters there to see it! Think I'll stick a quid on him to notch.

Owls to romp to victory. This could be enough for Lambert and signal his departure so his reputation suffers no further (he'll blame Pune, see The Sun today).

Owls to romp to victory. This could be enough for Lambert and signal his departure so his reputation suffers no further (he'll blame Pune, see The Sun today).

Oh good, that's cheered me up no end. Was expecting a miserable journey back up the M1 tonight.

Wednesday have had 5 clean sheets in the last 6 games, have scored more home goals than anyone else in the league and are a team pushing for the playoffs, although I think this season is a year to early for them.

Heart says draw, head says 2-0 Wednesday.

I'm thinking about going to the game, not sure why :wacko:

• Backroom

The lack of a match thread is a sign of the apathy among the supporters and probably also the manager and players brought about by the owners non communication as to whether or not funds will be made available to the manager in the close season. If they are not it could be the last straw for me. After 60 odd years. I don't think I can continue to support them if the manager is not backed.

I don't think you'll be alone there Al.

2-1 loss tonight I think. Hopefully both our CB's will stay on the pitch for 90 minutes this time.

Not going tonight (even though I had the offer of a ticket from Danny Cadamarteri) due to a work clash but have instead booked my rail ticket for Wolves on Saturday.

Shef Weds are a class outfit this season and play some lovely football. This game will ask a few questions of PL's ability (and I am a big PL fan) to motivate the team after the debacle last Saturday.

COYB.....Miracles do happen.

Not going tonight (even though I had the offer of a ticket from Danny Cadamarteri) due to a work clash but have instead booked my rail ticket for Wolves on Saturday.

Shef Weds are a class outfit this season and play some lovely football. This game will ask a few questions of PL's ability (and I am a big PL fan) to motivate the team after the debacle last Saturday.

COYB.....Miracles do happen.

Miracle? Its the Championship for goodness sake. Not singling you out as others aren't confident either but miracle is over the top.

As for that away attendance people say the figures haven't really been too bad generally. Hardly a surprise at this stage in the season (and absolutely nothing to achieve other than formalities) especially for a night fixture. Really Lambert should start experimenting around with some different formations. Hope it won't be 1 up front (not that 1 up front is always a defensive formation by any means though some might prefer Graham with neither of the partners available) should go there and attack them. Experimentation with free kicks, corners, etc as well if they don't work then its not going to be end of the world is it? Not enough teams try to come up with unique corners, free kicks, etc no sense in being predictable.

I'm not interested in the "form guide" approach its just a simplistic way of looking at things. Especially when people make a list of fixtures near end of a season. Basically wins against sides lower, losses against sides higher and draws against teams in the same area of the table.

Well things don't work like that.

In previous seasons we've gone to Hillsborough expecting at the very least a draw. In a few months we've gone from being favourites to a situation where we'll be fortunate to get away with a draw.

Amazing what signing 4-5 decent players and spending a bit of money does.

We've been better than them for 15 years up until this season and there's the real prospect we'll be up against them again next season. They are a golden example of a going nowhere debt ridden club that suddenly looks upward with a bit of investment and a new manager.

In previous seasons we've gone to Hillsborough expecting at the very least a draw. In a few months we've gone from being favourites to a situation where we'll be fortunate to get away with a draw.

Amazing what signing 4-5 decent players and spending a bit of money does.

We've been better than them for 15 years up until this season and there's the real prospect we'll be up against them again next season. They are a golden example of a going nowhere debt ridden club that suddenly looks upward with a bit of investment and a new manager.

They are also a golden example of how long it took to get there. Lets hope that isn't the case here waiting for investment, new owner, etc.

Anyone who says they would "take a draw" is talking nonsense really. As I said there's no real pressure and nothing to play for. Unless people are still seriously worried about slipping into the relegation battle.

Another complete rip off at £30 a ticket with zero to play for and the fans enthusiasm and confidence on the floor yet again means an embarrassing away following of about 350. They all deserve a free pie & pint !

Or a pepsi/coke and a bag of crisps! :)

Archived