BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sheff Wed Away 5Th April

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just while nothings going on, I went to Hereford today, first stop the football ground Edger Street, great floodlights, missing a few bulbs but great floodlights, never seen Rovers play in Hereford myself.

Anyway back to Sheffield where I have seen Rovers play.

I saw Rovers play there many years ago (1974?) the Saturday before Xmas. I think we either lost 6-2 or 6-3. From memory only about 100 Rovers fans that day.

Great ground but years of financial challenges. Some great fans from what I hear from a life long Hereford supporting fan at work.

I saw Rovers play there many years ago (1974?) the Saturday before Xmas. I think we either lost 6-2 or 6-3. From memory only about 100 Rovers fans that day.

Great ground but years of financial challenges. Some great fans from what I hear from a life long Hereford supporting fan at work.

Thats a right journey just before Christmas and to lose so heavily!

Then again I've seen us stuffed at Plymouth by 4, long way back, bloody Tommy Tynan.....

That was our promotion year under Lee wasn't it?

I went on the "League Liner" to Hereford.

The trains 3rd run I think and Herefords first ever home game in the 3rd division.

Can't remember the score (1-0 us?) but the police were stupid at the station and all hell let loose.

That was our promotion year under Lee wasn't it?

It was - seem to remember us bouncing back in style and winning the next 3/4/5 on the bounce including PNE at Ewood on Boxing Day.

Sounds like Steele is flapping at everything.

Don't have a great deal of confidence in our keeper. Definitely need a new one, if possible in the summer.

Edit: Chaddy read my mind!

He'll look class in Lg 2 though. Build for the future.

• Backroom

Sounds like a typical midweek away game for us

0-0 at half time probably concede halfway through second half then never look likely to get back in it

Sounds like a typical midweek away game for us

0-0 at half time probably concede halfway through second half then never look likely to get back in it

That does seem to be how it usually goes, to be fair.

Archived