BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sheff Wed Away 5Th April

Enough of this rubbish. Its only been a few weeks since taking 4 points out of 6 v Middlesbrough. All of a sudden lose a couple of home games (one with 10 men when 2 weeks earlier Rovers won with 10 men) and we should expect an automatic loss just because its away.

Think the example needs setting especially when younger kids (potential supporters) hear this pessimistic talk. Back in 99-2000 I barely complained about anything (though I bloody should have considering!) but even as a kid I detested hearing such talk. If someone older was moaning to me before a match I set them straight even then. OK where Venkys (pretty much everything) and Lambert's future are concerned we can't help being pessimistic. Based on the results since Lambert joined though there isn't one reason to just write this off. Its just self depreciating and I know I haven't exactly been a "shining light of happiness" but I've never been particularly negative where one off results are concerned. Sure I said the same thing (in less blunt terms) before other away games not long ago. Lambert claimed the players haven't even been asking him about next season. Maybe we will see signs tonight of how true or not that is but lets wait until it starts!

Its Sheffield Wednesday away seriously what is there to be so afraid of? Don't expect most of this to be taken on board (Rovers fans have often been known for pessimism after all) but just felt it had to be said. Never learn my lesson lol.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm saying a loss vinjay because I think Wednesday are better then us and we never win night matches on a Tuesday

We might as well give up playing away on Tuesdays then. Seriously that has to be the worst reason ever to predict a defeat. In 11 v 11 and it's Championship football - anything can happen.

I'm saying a loss vinjay because I think Wednesday are better then us and we never win night matches on a Tuesday

Sorry I forgot about the Fulham, Middlesbrough and Birmingham games so far this year. I was at all of them and could have sworn Rovers won. Must have been a scoreboard malfunction.

That was an extreme example but base total pessimism on something more substantial! Think the players and Lambert deserve a little better its not Venkys on the pitch.

Somehow don't think it will be anything like this though! Well for one that was at Ewood...

Can I just say I'm always pessimistic about rovers. Nothing to do with Tuesday nights or being away at Sheffield Wed. Apart from the last time we were promoted when we had momentum and some very good players and going to matches both home and away was a pleasure, I always find it easier to expect defeat. That way I can be ecstatic when we win and accepting when we lose and mildly enjoy a draw.

Look at our record on Tuesday night over the past few years.. And the main reason I said I think we will lose is Wednesday are a better team then us.. 5 clean sheets in 6.. More creativity brimming through the side.. We will get done over just face it

Done over? How many teams have done us over this season? Its not that kind of league, generally, most games are tight.

Go and have a drink or summat.

Look at our record on Tuesday night over the past few years.. And the main reason I said I think we will lose is Wednesday are a better team then us.. 5 clean sheets in 6.. More creativity brimming through the side.. We will get done over just face it

Better team over 46 games. The last few years aren't even relevant to some of the current players. I just had a horse at 8/1 win for me...Rovers are 4/1 tonight. Better generally? So what?

Even if you do think its a certainty Rovers would lose why don't you pretend otherwise? I wouldn't admittedly but something I've never (or certainly rarely) done is predict certain defeats before a game even starts. Certainly not based on what day it is! Rovers lost to Man United on my birthday once (not the 7-1 thankfully) I didn't even feel hugely pessimistic about that beforehand!

We need to think about what attitudes are passed down though I've never claimed to be parental material.

Anyway made my point.

If someone pointed a gun at your head and said you needed to guess the result of the game tonight correctly else you died, I'd go Sheff Wednesday to win. That's not being pessimistic, it's my honest view taking emotion out of it.

Of course I hope we win but I'm not going to come on here and say "we'll smash em 3-0" when I think it's more likely that we will lose.

People that overstate how they think Rovers will perform just because it's what they want to happen are the people I don't understand.

ROVERS: Steele, Marshall, Hanley ©, Ward, Henley, Conway, Lenihan, Grimes, J. Gomez, Bennett, Graham.

Think it's going to be a long night with that midfield. Grimes and Gomez are going to have to put the kind of shifts in that we haven't seen from them before. Henley at left back also a clear weak link.

4-1 to the Owls.

If someone pointed a gun at your head and said you needed to guess the result of the game tonight correctly else you died, I'd go Sheff Wednesday to win. That's not being pessimistic, it's my honest view taking emotion out of it.

Of course I hope we win but I'm not going to come on here and say "we'll smash em 3-0" when I think it's more likely that we will lose.

People that overstate how they think Rovers will perform just because it's what they want to happen are the people I don't understand.

LOL!!!

Our record has yet again been disgraceful against the top sides in the league. We have won 1 out of 13 games against the top 7 sides and this is the final game. Not much expectation then.

When you look at our bench tonight you realise what a poor squad we have. A couple of people out and we have a bench which wouldn't look out of place in the 4th division.

Favourite Hillsborough memory - League Cup game in about 82. John Lowey scored (yes) in a 2-1 win. Lots of abuse for Terry Curren which he lapped up and gave back as ever. Great night!

Our record has yet again been disgraceful against the top sides in the league. We have won 1 out of 13 games against the top 7 sides and this is the final game. Not much expectation then.

When you look at our bench tonight you realise what a poor squad we have. A couple of people out and we have a bench which wouldn't look out of place in the 4th division.

Favourite Hillsborough memory - League Cup game in about 82. John Lowey scored (yes) in a 2-1 win. Lots of abuse for Terry Curren which he lapped up and gave back as ever. Great night!

I would quite like Lowey to score tonight but will be surprised if he gets on and even more surprised if he scores.

Think it's going to be a long night with that midfield. Grimes and Gomez are going to have to put the kind of shifts in that we haven't seen from them before. Henley at left back also a clear weak link.

4-1 to the Owls.

Yay, we're going to win :)

Was quite pleased with our second half on Saturday against nobbers, therefore will go against the wave of pessimism and predict a 1-0 win to the Rovers. COYBB

Archived