BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sheff Wed Away 5Th April

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But Bowyer did sign him and most said at the time he was useless. Awful truly baffling signing he was and they should make Bowyer pay his contract up !!!

Agree with most of your post BUT........Brown was a GB aquisition, was he not? Lambert has been lumbered with him and he is the only forward other than Graham who can put his weight around and worry defenders.

Yep, well spotted on the Bowyer point, sorry...

Was just listing poor or non-managers to make the point.

I just don't understand it. Why go to all the trouble of sacking Bowyer if they'd no intention of backing a new manager financially ?

That is the problem. The silence of the Venkys. It really is absolutely weird.

Do they really still exist? Or have they been spirited away by aliens? Does anyone know if they are still living here on this planet?

At least the Blackpool supporters can see Oyston at matches. They know he is still around.

When will this nightmare end?????

He's not a defender, so arguably should not even be back there. He's been stuck in defence because our only other right back is Henley and somehow he's worse. Then on the other side we have Tommy Spurr.

Anyone with pace on the flanks could rip us apart with ease. Fortunately there aren't many teams with that in this division.

The sad thing about this is that, on his day, he's probably one of the best wingers in the division. Playing him at right back might be a necessary evil due to the nature of the squad at present, but it absolutely cannot stay that way next season just because he does a decent job there (or, as I suspect, he reckons he's more attractive to PL clubs as a roaming fullback than a dime a dozen tricky winger). Get a decent right back in, get Marshall higher up the field, get him playing well consistently. End of discussion!

• Backroom

Seen on Twitter that Hope Akpan missed the team bus, left without him?

Don't they have a buddy they need to hold hands with?

He's probably on his way to India with a sniper's rifle.

On second thoughts, no such luck.

We were comfortable in the game as neither side looked like scoring in the first half. The goal gave us optimism but we should have known better. There was a clear foul on Grimes in the build up to the equaliser which wasn't spotted by the myopic officials. Then came the sending off. The vastly overrated Conway took an awful touch under no pressure, panicked and in his effort to make up for his poor touch lunged at his opponent. The winner was a catalogue of errors. The hapless Hanley knocked an aimless ball forward which went through to the Wednesday keeper. He launched it, Marshall missed the header and was then dumped on his backside. A little fat ex dingle had a virtual tap in.

Notably poor tonight were Conway, Henley, Marshall, Akpan, Steele and Gomez. After the last few performances I wouldn't touch Gomez with a barge pole and Henley is woeful and should be given a free transfer.

I just don't know where Blackburn Rovers go from here. I have lots of Faith in Lambert but it will take money to fix the mess we are in. If he goes I can see us tumbling through the league's and be luck to be left with a worthwhile club at the end of it.

I hope that makes the Indians proud.

Surely they can find a sacking offence somewhere in that 😁. How on earth does that happen? Really poor again and once again we are a laughing stock.

The sad thing about this is that, on his day, he's probably one of the best wingers in the division. Playing him at right back might be a necessary evil due to the nature of the squad at present, but it absolutely cannot stay that way next season just because he does a decent job there (or, as I suspect, he reckons he's more attractive to PL clubs as a roaming fullback than a dime a dozen tricky winger). Get a decent right back in, get Marshall higher up the field, get him playing well consistently. End of discussion!

Yes yes yes. I've long thought that this guy is a forward in the making, he's got a bit of a burst of pace, definitely got a trick or two to go past a man, and he can shoot. He's a number 10 or someone who needs to be in the box with a bigger chap.

We were comfortable in the game as neither side looked like scoring in the first half. The goal gave us optimism but we should have known better. There was a clear foul on Grimes in the build up to the equaliser which wasn't spotted by the myopic officials. Then came the sending off. The vastly overrated Conway took an awful touch under no pressure, panicked and in his effort to make up for his poor touch lunged at his opponent. The winner was a catalogue of errors. The hapless Hanley knocked an aimless ball forward which went through to the Wednesday keeper. He launched it, Marshall missed the header and was then dumped on his backside. A little fat ex dingle had a virtual tap in.

Notably poor tonight were Conway, Henley, Marshall, Akpan, Steele and Gomez. After the last few performances I wouldn't touch Gomez with a barge pole and Henley is woeful and should be given a free transfer.

I just don't know where Blackburn Rovers go from here. I have lots of Faith in Lambert but it will take money to fix the mess we are in. If he goes I can see us tumbling through the league's and be luck to be left with a worthwhile club at the end of it.

I hope that makes the Indians proud.

Surely they can find a sacking offence somewhere in that . How on earth does that happen? Really poor again and once again we are a laughing stock.

It was Henley. Panicking under pressure.

after Sheffield equalized and the sending off, the players heads dropped (not that they had been particularly 'up' before). There was no fight, no desire to win. The usual standing off and allowing the opposing team to run at us.

My first time at Hillsborough and I was impressed by the level of support that they still receive.

How can we win football games if the whole Club is rocking behind the scenes?

Just imagine what Lambert, Irvine and Kelly are saying amongst themselves.

Apart from Lambert WHO is the spokesman for the Club?

Almost wrong thread.

I thought we looked quite comfortable in the first half and caused Wednesday a number of problems. After the opening goal I really thought we would go on and win but then Wednesday got the luck they needed when a foul in midfield was ignored by the ref and the ball ballooned up off Henley and over Steele. Conway then made a rash challenge - once you leave the ground and lunge at an opponent you are giving the ref the opportunity to make a decision. Wednesday's second goal highlighted some of Marshall's short comings as a full-back and after that we didn't really look like getting back into the game despite the manager making some bold substitutions. For the fourth successive game Gomez looked awful - no wonder Big Sam wanted rid. He has wonderful ability but his application and work ethic leaves something to be desired. On the evidence of the second half you start to wonder if all the uncertainty surrounding the manager is beginning to filter through to the players. I think Lambert has shown in the past few months that he is more than capable of rebuilding this club if only the owners will put a structure in place to support him.

That is the problem. The silence of the Venkys. It really is absolutely weird.

Do they really still exist? Or have they been spirited away by aliens? Does anyone know if they are still living here on this planet?

At least the Blackpool supporters can see Oyston at matches. They know he is still around.

When will this nightmare end?????

Re Your last sentence. I think deep down in our hearts we all know the answer to that one.

Archived