BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Ticket Prices 2016/17

Said it on the match thread after the game, but I can see a massive drop akin to 2012 this summer.

That summer I was amazed by the sheer number of fans I talked to that wouldn't renew their STs, however since then our sales have stayed largely flat at around 10/11000.

On Saturday it was a similar story, fan after fan saying 'that's me done', some real long standing ones as well.

Obviously I'm one person and it is all anecdotal, and some will just renew out of habit when the pack drops, but it was worrying all the same.

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you're right though. People have managed to put their heart before their head for the last 5 years, but many are now realising the group they go with is diminishing; the social life around the match day ritual isn't pleasurable; the people they've kept going for no longer wish to go either and there are other things to do together on a Saturday. Since increasing numbers of matches aren't Saturday at 3 the whole routine of match going is disturbed anyway, and so it's easier to fill the space. I'd be surprised if there were many renewing season tickets at all, although some will just because they do, because they like knowing they have the same seat week in, week out, because it's still economic sense for them, because they still vote with their heart and because there is just a tiny element of hope at the start of each season.

People leave early in all area's. It's just more apparent in the Riverside due to the layout.

I can never understand leaving early do they walk out at the cinema before the end of the film, must be frustrating never knowing if James Bond survives.

• 4 weeks later...

Hearing that prices to be released by the end of the week- not much change.

Blackburn End Upper to be closed- Family Stand moved to Jack Walker Lower.

Why would they be anticipating a drop in ticket sales? Perhaps if they showed some ambition and ran the club properly they could sell more season tickets and wouldn't need to close parts of the ground.

• Backroom

Respect the guys at Ewood to an extent for trying something different but not sure I'll renew having to move. Feel like I will be forced out and wasn't asked at any point nor have j seen anyone else asked.

Only just got some seats last season front row of Family Stand which were great for the boy.

Good old Rovers. Rather than moving heaven and earth to shift every last season ticket possible, the most likely outcome of moving the family stand is that it gives even more people a reason to not renew next season. The Blackburn End upper is well enough populated on match days, certainly more so than the Jack Walker stand. It contains people who have sat in those seats for years and years and enjoy the view from up there.

Taking the easy option again. Less tickets sold so lets save a bit of money by closing a part of the ground. The alternative is to improve things around the club and make an effort to sell more tickets to fill areas of the ground up more, but that takes effort, hard work, ambition, oh and to actually put season tickets on sale, none of which are to be found at Ewood Park.

Treat your own fans like rubbish year after year and people will get fed up with it. Like prioritising away fans comfort ahead of home fans, forcibly relocating season ticket holders to allow Burnley fans to have the whole Darwen End, allowing the police and stewarts to infiltrate the home fans area in the Jack Walker stand against Leeds but do nothing to combat Leeds fans, like the final home game against Reading when police officers were stood on the edge of the pitch facing the home fans in the Riverside but not in front of the Reading fans.

Great points JH, but not really a shock.

Cardiff, Leeds, Villa (next season) have all closed off upper tiers, surprised it has stayed open this long.

But as you say, you can probably wave goodbye to a few hundred more ST holders who sit up there.

Poor form again from the club if this is true. The Lower JW is really exposed to the elements - can that be right for kids? Also what about Strikers Lounge access. Another hare brained, sure fire way to drive customers away.

Nobody likes change - and as someone has pointed out the Lower JW is exposed to the elements far more than the BE Upper. But there is an opportunity - having them more at pitch level does give them the opportunity for players (and the club) to target that area to pose for photographs, sign autographs etc as they occasionally do for the Riverside.

I don't think you can argue with the economics - closing the upper tier of both stands behind the goals will still leave us with a potential attendance of around 23k - so even if they did something positive to attract fans, it would still be sufficient to cover most potential attendances. Having more fans in the lower tiers should also help the atmosphere.

Given the reality of our situation - actually think it is a reasonable idea.

I wasnt planning to renew. Now i definitely wont. Did anyone ask people who sit there about the proposed move to the jw lower? I have no reason to sit there other than i like the view. I prefer to be higher up. I dont like being crowded and sitting in the front row means i have space in front of me. Ive tried the jw lower at youth matches and the view is poor at best. If this rumour is true its another mistake.

I hope that the club will be putting some sort of warning about the large number of games likely to be moved next season.

If the last couple of seasons are anything to go by then Preston, Leeds, Newcastle, possibly Sheffield Wednesday and Villa, will all be moved to a 12:30 kick off on 'police advice'. Then there will be the usual 5-6 midweek games which are likely to be the long distance ones (all part of a league conspiracy to minimise travelling away fan numbers during midweek), and also possibly another 2-3 home games moved for Sky TV purposes (Wigan, Norwich possibly) then I reckon there's a real prospect of at least 10 home games next season being moved due to Sky, Police or midweek scheduling.

I don't think it is acceptable for Rovers to sell season tickets without first warning potential buyers about the likelihood of almost 50% of games being moved away from the traditional 3pm Saturday slot.

Surely it would make far more sense to close the Darwen End for home fans and move them into the BB end? You could put most away fans in one tiny bit of the DE lower, or close it altogether and put them upstairs. This would also improve the BB end atmosphere.

The Family stand allows kids to have a great view - why compromise that and risk losing them as supporters? The JW lower is not a great view for an adult, never mind a child. It's just another sign of the total lack of ambition, foresight and pride that now characterises BRFC.

This is akin to moving the deckchairs on the Titanic! Most of next seasons crowds will fit in the JW Stand anyway.

Nobody likes change - and as someone has pointed out the Lower JW is exposed to the elements far more than the BE Upper. But there is an opportunity - having them more at pitch level does give them the opportunity for players (and the club) to target that area to pose for photographs, sign autographs etc as they occasionally do for the Riverside.

I don't think you can argue with the economics - closing the upper tier of both stands behind the goals will still leave us with a potential attendance of around 23k - so even if they did something positive to attract fans, it would still be sufficient to cover most potential attendances. Having more fans in the lower tiers should also help the atmosphere.

If they said they were only opening the JW upper centre and closing the rest of the ground you'd think it was a reasonable idea !

The facilities there are great for the families and a reason I would guess why some still go, infact the only reason. It has remained along with reasonable value ST's about the only thing good about the club over the past few years. What's the point in interaction if the view is crap, people and their kids choose to sit there for a reason and if they wanted interaction they'd sit pitch side, plenty do. It's not like you can't get a seat there.

Of the 600 or so who sit there regularly what if half decide to jack it in ? Really great economics that.

Have you got a room at Venky Towers ?

I hope that the club will be putting some sort of warning about the large number of games likely to be moved next season.

If the last couple of seasons are anything to go by then Preston, Leeds, Newcastle, possibly Sheffield Wednesday and Villa, will all be moved to a 12:30 kick off on 'police advice'. Then there will be the usual 5-6 midweek games which are likely to be the long distance ones (all part of a league conspiracy to minimise travelling away fan numbers during midweek), and also possibly another 2-3 home games moved for Sky TV purposes (Wigan, Norwich possibly) then I reckon there's a real prospect of at least 10 home games next season being moved due to Sky, Police or midweek scheduling.

I don't think it is acceptable for Rovers to sell season tickets without first warning potential buyers about the likelihood of almost 50% of games being moved away from the traditional 3pm Saturday slot.

Accountants running the gaff now so maximising revenue and keep costs low as possible comes first. Fans feeling come second, if 6 clubs in this league want to make Ewood like a home game and the police say yes but it's 12.30 we'll accommodate no problem !

Well, if true, another two ST holders lost - I was prepared to consider renewing if something/anything half sensible happened at the theatre of screams.....I don't want to sit in the lower JW. Have I been consulted? Total lack of disrespect to a loyal fan base. Venkys out!

Accountants running the gaff now so maximising revenue and keep costs low as possible comes first. Fans feeling come second, if 6 clubs in this league want to make Ewood like a home game and the police say yes but it's 12.30 we'll accommodate no problem !

Absolutely, when a club starts putting its bread & butter at risk, they deserve what they get.

Total disrespect for us - always Rovers, never Venkys.

Archived