BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Ticket Prices 2016/17

Darwen End side is what I heard... so right next to the away fans.

Whichever end it is exposed to the elements and very poor viewing particularly for the far end of the pitch.

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is not having a go at you Al but I need to comment on this. I've sat in the JWL for two seasons now, row 7, and apart from a bit of rain blowing in have never got wet.

Rows 1-4 probably are very exposed. I don't know about that.

I've been moved to row 4 because I can't cope with the steps in the upper and the rain drives me inside the stand to the TVs. It's not for kids.

I think it's an appalling decision which clearly will alienate more fans.

I think there is a distinct possibility that the chicken s h I t scale of savings will be more than wiped out by lost revenue with fans just not bothering.

IMV, yet another crazy and illogical decision.

Let's see, but I will be livid after the best part of 40-years supporting to be treated like this - a company is only as good as its customers/clients/spectators - these idiots deserve nothing.

Harry Gordon Selfridge got it right way back in 1909 when he coined the phrase 'the customer is always right'.

From average gates of some 25,000 to where we are now (I personally don't buy the declared gates of 13,000ish and would knock 3,000ish off) tells you all you need to know about the way the club has been managed over the last five and a half seasons.

I think it's an appalling decision which clearly will alienate more fans.

I think there is a distinct possibility that the chicken s h I t scale of savings will be more than wiped out by lost revenue with fans just not bothering.

IMV, yet another crazy and illogical decision.

An illogical decision that has been followed by a number of other Championship clubs.

Unfortunately I think the Venky's are at a stage where no matter what they do would alienate fans. However, I still think there is a good chance that whoever was in charge would do the same thing. The Seneca bid was based on reducing our losses and making us break even - how do people think they would do that ?

I wonder what other people would do that would safe money and not alienate fans ?

Cost cutting is necessary but sensuble management does the consultation before it happens, lets people bring their kids in, shows them the options, gives them a feeling of choice. This smacks yet again of take it or leave it and many will choose to leave it

An illogical decision that has been followed by a number of other Championship clubs.

Unfortunately I think the Venky's are at a stage where no matter what they do would alienate fans. However, I still think there is a good chance that whoever was in charge would do the same thing. The Seneca bid was based on reducing our losses and making us break even - how do people think they would do that ?

I wonder what other people would do that would safe money and not alienate fans ?

Name one thing Venkys have done that has effectively cut costs.

Closing part of the ground, Jack will be spinning in his grave even more uncomfortably than normal tonight.

I don't agree with any part of the ground closing, but surely to god, if you were going to close any part of the ground it should be the ramshackle Riverside, move the cameras and use the three magnificent new sides of the ground! Cutting off their nose to spite their face. Plus strikers lounge is situated in the Blackburn End so apart from anything else the move doesn't make any sense form that point of view.

We've always had this sort of mentality even when John Williams was here that it was easier to get as many away fans into Ewood as possible (hence give them the Darwen End) rather than make the effort to try to get get more home fans to attend.. Now it seems we've given up the ghost completely, away fans get the best away day experience of the season and the run of the ground, resulting in the Police unreasonably dictating early kick off times, whereas it seems home areas are now to be closed off and our own supporters cant sit where they want.

Very very poor from the Club but I guess this is what you get with a bean counter in charge. For what the matchday revenue equates to these days we'd have been better off getting the owners permission to do something really really revolutionary to get more fans into the ground. Season tickets at £99 or something like that.

Not alienating the few fans we have left by closing parts of the ground.

make em free and they can still feck off

One way to achieve break even is to get more people into the ground by improving the whole show.

Improve communication, make people feel wanted and respected and improve the product on the pitch by assembling a squad that plays good stuff under a respectable manager.

Then get to work on improving sponsorship, commercial and corporate activities, all of which have been neglected in recent years. A club with our history should not be struggling for sponsors or have all its executive boxes empty.

Shutting part of the ground is the downsizing, cheap and easy option. Growing the fanbase is more difficult but infinitely better for the club.

Well they could start by ceasing to grant lengthy and expensive contracts to players and staff who in my view don't merit them.

Shaw's employment costs were round the £200k mark when everything is factored in - did he give value for money?

Were the likes of Brown, Koita, Petshi worth a combined annualised employment cost approaching (or even more) £1.5million?

Close the Family Stand, save chicken s h I t, lose bigger amounts in non renewals and lose bucket loads of goodwill.

It's a no brainer. Time the owners/management started tackling the really big issues.

Why do I support a club that churns out blunder after blunder?

Consultation as others have pointed out is negligible, and many of the proposed move sites are not ideal. (As someone posted Darwin End is plain mad.)

The club will have enough problems keeping and recruiting fans with all the manure that has been dumped on us the past 5 years, Moving where more of the next generation of fans will sit is likely to be another step forward in Rovers' demise.

Pretty poor stuff from the fans forum to basically attack a fellow member.

Given that its mid May, and the club wants to consult ST holders in the area about next season, at a point when most other clubs have had tickets on sale for months, its pathetic that the FF are willing to basically knive one of their own in the back, without comment on the actual news.

Can any member of the fans forum on here please enlighten us on what they said when the consultation was raised, or do we have to wait for weeks and weeks for the minutes to be published on the website?

Good post.

I'm sure under normal circumstances the FF member wouldn't have felt the need to leak this. but THESE AREN'T NORMAL CIRCUMSTANCES.

The FF should be pushing and challenging the Club to act decisively.

The Club is in utter chaos!

The down grading of Rovers continues unabated...they will be smelting down Jacks Statue for the coin before we know.

Hard,horrible and depressing times for the blue n white,it appears ambition has left the building for good.

One of the Acquisition Promises they haven't broken yet. But no doubt they are working their way down the list.

BRFC is being stripped bare in front of our very eye's.

Well they could start by ceasing to grant lengthy and expensive contracts to players and staff who in my view don't merit them.

Shaw's employment costs were round the £200k mark when everything is factored in - did he give value for money?

Were the likes of Brown, Koita, Petshi worth a combined annualised employment cost approaching (or even more) £1.5million?

Close the Family Stand, save chicken s h I t, lose bigger amounts in non renewals and lose bucket loads of goodwill.

It's a no brainer. Time the owners/management started tackling the really big issues.

Koita is a poor choice as we actually made a transfer profit on him - though appreciate we still had to pay him wages while here.

My question still stands - do you think Seneca would do the same ?

The down grading of Rovers continues unabated...they will be smelting down Jacks Statue for the coin before we know.

Hard,horrible and depressing times for the blue n white,it appears ambition has left the building for good.

Not just in front of our eyes either.

What I don't get is that it seems to be going on,so unremarked. Where the hell are the football authorities, the press?

A club with no manager and no directors should be a story in itself, let alone all that has gone on to get us to this low point.

Football stinks!

One way to achieve break even is to get more people into the ground by improving the whole show.

Improve communication, make people feel wanted and respected and improve the product on the pitch by assembling a squad that plays good stuff under a respectable manager.

Then get to work on improving sponsorship, commercial and corporate activities, all of which have been neglected in recent years. A club with our history should not be struggling for sponsors or have all its executive boxes empty.

Shutting part of the ground is the downsizing, cheap and easy option. Growing the fanbase is more difficult but infinitely better for the club.

John Williams tried to grow the fan base - and after the initial impact crowds started to dwindle again. Though a % have left because of the Venky's - I still think they are a convenient excuse for some more bothered watching successful teams on Sky rather than supporting their local club. When Lambert was appointed it was on the basis of an experienced manager with money to spend in the summer and many hoped that our owners had finally turned a corner - did the crowds coming flooding back ?

If the two Ian's bid is successful - I would anticipate the best we could hope for would be to address the decline, with possibly a small % increase, depending on new manager and transfers - unless we are successful on the pitch. In this scenario would you accept a temporary close of the family stand to help make the club self financing ?

BTW for those asking what the Venky's have done to effectively cost save etc etc - I am not saying they have, just that they are following a route taken by other clubs, and one that would possibly be taken by our potential (in the unlikely event the Venky's see sense) new major shareholders.

Koita is a poor choice as we actually made a transfer profit on him - though appreciate we still had to pay him wages while here.

My question still stands - do you think Seneca would do the same ?

I do not think Seneca would close the Family Stand.

Any operator worth his salt would firstly go for the big wins and grab the low hanging fruit. Let's face it, I very much doubt that they wouldn't be spoiled for choice. At the same time, they would seek to underpin and grow the income streams and certainly do nothing that would potentially alienate/hack off a key part of our fan base (including fans of the future).

Common sense and nous are essential ingredients in effective management. Sadly, IMV, as a club, we show neither.

I suspect if they did intend to close it, they'd try to do it in the right way. There are other ways of doing things other than the my way or no way attitude our current owners display. There's consultation, a clear explanation of all the possible scenarios, a chance for those with concerns to question and be answered, to put forward their concerns. The result might be the same but the feeling wouldn't be

They could get some big roller blinds made for the upper tiers and the Riverside. Print a crowd scene on them and they could pull them down on match days and no one would know the difference.

Ok with that providing they also paint a match action scene on the back for the Riversiders to look at. Maybe with Jason Lowe watching the ball at the feet of an opposing midfielder bearing down on our 18 yard box; Chris Brown dolloping about with his chest puffed out; the erstwhile Danny Graham wandering back from an offside position; Duffy climbing over the seats in the Darwen End; empty directors box, empty technical area and dugout.

...and no-one would know the difference.

Ok with that providing they also paint a match action scene on the back for the Riversiders to look at. Maybe with Jason Lowe watching the ball at the feet of an opposing midfielder bearing down on our 18 yard box; Chris Brown dolloping about with his chest puffed out; the erstwhile Danny Graham wandering back from an offside position; Duffy climbing over the seats in the Darwen End; empty directors box, empty technical area and dugout.

...and no-one would know the difference.

Don't forget the cardboard cut outs for the directors box

Archived