BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Ticket Prices 2016/17

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rovers Fans Forum@roversfansforum 2m2 minutes ago

We would like to apologise on behalf of the forum for a member leaking information from the meeting yesterday evening.

The club planned on consulting potentially affected supporters before making any final decisions about sensitive issues...(cont)

Unfortunately a member of the forum has discussed information that was debated at the forum, this has caused significant upset..

And criticism of the club for not consulting supporters when they have done via the forum and planned to do with ALL affected fans...(cont)

The forum has enjoyed an excellent relationship with the club since 1999 and know this will continue. We unreservedly apologise for.

The actions of one member and the upset this has caused fellow supporters and the club #rovers #brfc

Boo fecking hoo.

A leak aw poor venkys and fowum in a tither

Great points JH, but not really a shock.

Cardiff, Leeds, Villa (next season) have all closed off upper tiers, surprised it has stayed open this long.

But as you say, you can probably wave goodbye to a few hundred more ST holders who sit up there.

Darwen End staying open, then. Probably ?

Sensible idea, but defeats the object of cost saving if Darwen End stays open.

I'm not saying I'd close it, just from a cost saving viewpoint.

Jack Walker Lower is open to rain. No way I would be taking my family to there.

May I suggest the 1st 6 Rows of the Riverside ? :P

Darwen End side is what I heard... so right next to the away fans.

Sensible :P

We would like to apologise on behalf of the forum for a member leaking information from the meeting yesterday evening.

The club planned on consulting potentially affected supporters before making any final decisions about sensitive issues...(cont)

Unfortunately a member of the forum has discussed information that was debated at the forum, this has caused significant upset..

And criticism of the club for not consulting supporters when they have done via the forum and planned to do with ALL affected fans...(cont)

The forum has enjoyed an excellent relationship with the club since 1999 and know this will continue. We unreservedly apologise for.

The actions of one member and the upset this has caused fellow supporters and the club #rovers #brfc

Rather than apologising to the club one would have hoped the Fans Forum would have questioned Cheston as to why this consultation wasn't done during the closing weeks of the season when they had access to the people who sit in that stand. As it is, any consultation is likely to be paying lip service and the club will do what they had clearly planned to do. With so many season ticket holders already planning to give up next season it's clearly a masterstroke to upset some of those who would have renewed in the existing family stand and move them to an area where their children are likely to get soaked in bad weather. Perhaps Cheston might like to move the directors and friends seating to that area and close the directors box as a cost cutting measure.

What a load of tosh! They had planned to close it and any consultation will be a cosmetic exercise. You cannot see the pitch from the JW lower. Not properly anyway. In case nobody has notices the pitch slopes downwards from the centre meaning it's hard enough for adults to see the far side of the pitch and downright impossible for kids. It would only take a minute for someone to get down to kids level and see what the view is like. BB end upper never gets wet. The view is excellent and for kids and older people like me it offers a decent view. This put kids next to the pitch is up to parents surely. There are places to sit where you can meet the players if you wish to. You can even sit in the JW LOWER if you want to. You do not have to designate a stand as the family stand and compel families to sit there. If, as it appears, the story is true then Mr Cheston and your owners, you know very definitely where you can stick your season ticket renewal. I will not be tempted back by anything you can offer

That has to be the daftest thing I've heard and that's saying something. At least give them a section near the Bburn end and not sat listening to the away contingent every god damn game, absolutely pathetic.

I suppose though the only opinions that matter are of those who might be moved, I doubt it will be very favourable.

I feel sorry for a lot of those who work at the club in everyday jobs. It must be soul destroying being there but not able to do anything when you know it's all so wrong. They must get paid quite well to keep a lid on things because I'd flip in that scenario !

Then again having no real bosses on the ground day in day out it's probably a doddle.

I've had my seats in BE upper since the stand opened 20 + years ago, now I am to be forced to move. Meeting up for a natter with fellow season ticket holders and aquaintances is part of the pleasure of going to games. I am gutted if this is correct info.

If they are moving, that's a ridiculous idea. My parents have had the same seats since 1994 and have brought x amount of kids (my own included) to watch what has become of Rovers. They won't be the only ones to do this and if true, Rovers should be absolutely ashamed. Moving kids to an area open to the elements and with a relatively poor perspective of the pitch is on a par with some of the most ill - thought out decisions made at the club. Idiots.

Amongst all of the complaints which one the one hand see the club's need for financial constraint and reducing gaps in the crowd, pitched against the long-standing routines and resistance to change of already embittered and fed-up supporters, I pick out this post...

Let me get this straight. They are going to move families with the youngest children in the ground to the closest possible position to away fans? A place where they will be subjected to bile, hatred, and gratuitous, loud, foul language aimed specifically at Rovers supporters? Are the people who came up with this making a conscious effort to alienate the next generation of young fans, or are they just completely incompetent and should be nowhere near our once great club?

The only alternatives to the BBE upper to relocate the family area are, in order:

Riverside BBE side - downward view of the pitch from all seats, and nice wide concourse with close access to pitch side/players

Front 10 rows of the BBE - access to pitch side

JW lower BBE side - pitch side not a great view of the pitch but safe end of the ground

JW upper BBE side / wings - best views of the pitch and comfort, safe alongside home fans

Anywhere else just shows a disregard for the fans they are trying to accommodate.

I appreciate any change will affect lots of people - particularly those who are being moved out to accommodate it - and the family stand is the obvious one to close (if you had to close one at all) but at least show some sense in what they are trying to achieve.

Why can't they shut one side of the Jack Walker Lower? It's always sparse, less season ticket holders to pee off and those that are there can relocate to the other side of the Jack Walker Lower for similar facilities / view.

• Backroom

Why can't they shut one side of the Jack Walker Lower? It's always sparse, less season ticket holders to pee off and those that are there can relocate to the other side of the Jack Walker Lower for similar facilities / view.

Or even just the wings.

Closing part of the ground, Jack will be spinning in his grave even more uncomfortably than normal tonight.

I don't agree with any part of the ground closing, but surely to god, if you were going to close any part of the ground it should be the ramshackle Riverside, move the cameras and use the three magnificent new sides of the ground! Cutting off their nose to spite their face. Plus strikers lounge is situated in the Blackburn End so apart from anything else the move doesn't make any sense form that point of view.

We've always had this sort of mentality even when John Williams was here that it was easier to get as many away fans into Ewood as possible (hence give them the Darwen End) rather than make the effort to try to get get more home fans to attend.. Now it seems we've given up the ghost completely, away fans get the best away day experience of the season and the run of the ground, resulting in the Police unreasonably dictating early kick off times, whereas it seems home areas are now to be closed off and our own supporters cant sit where they want.

Very very poor from the Club but I guess this is what you get with a bean counter in charge. For what the matchday revenue equates to these days we'd have been better off getting the owners permission to do something really really revolutionary to get more fans into the ground. Season tickets at £99 or something like that.

Not alienating the few fans we have left by closing parts of the ground.

Jack Walker Lower is open to rain. No way I would be taking my family to there.

This is not having a go at you Al but I need to comment on this. I've sat in the JWL for two seasons now, row 7, and apart from a bit of rain blowing in have never got wet.

Rows 1-4 probably are very exposed. I don't know about that.

Closing part of the JW seems a good answer but, as everyone else, I don't know the costs involved.

I hate Venkys, no question, and have been on my own personal boycott for 2 years.

However the club must cut costs irrespective of who runs the show.

I don't like sitting too low in the ground because the view is poor, on the other hand sitting near the away fans means the youngsters would experience some atmosphere for a change. Yes some of it will be foul mouthed but they will already be used to that from the BBE.

It is tough when you've sat in the same place for years, no question.

You could always join the boycotters though ;)

Rovers Fans Forum@roversfansforum 2m2 minutes ago

Pretty poor stuff from the fans forum to basically attack a fellow member.

Given that its mid May, and the club wants to consult ST holders in the area about next season, at a point when most other clubs have had tickets on sale for months, its pathetic that the FF are willing to basically knive one of their own in the back, without comment on the actual news.

Can any member of the fans forum on here please enlighten us on what they said when the consultation was raised, or do we have to wait for weeks and weeks for the minutes to be published on the website?

Closing part of the ground, Jack will be spinning in his grave even more uncomfortably than normal tonight.

I don't agree with any part of the ground closing, but surely to god, if you were going to close any part of the ground it should be the ramshackle Riverside, move the cameras and use the three magnificent new sides of the ground! Cutting off their nose to spite their face. Plus strikers lounge is situated in the Blackburn End so apart from anything else the move doesn't make any sense form that point of view.

We've always had this sort of mentality even when John Williams was here that it was easier to get as many away fans into Ewood as possible (hence give them the Darwen End) rather than make the effort to try to get get more home fans to attend.. Now it seems we've given up the ghost completely, away fans get the best away day experience of the season and the run of the ground, resulting in the Police unreasonably dictating early kick off times, whereas it seems home areas are now to be closed off and our own supporters cant sit where they want.

Very very poor from the Club but I guess this is what you get with a bean counter in charge. For what the matchday revenue equates to these days we'd have been better off getting the owners permission to do something really really revolutionary to get more fans into the ground. Season tickets at £99 or something like that.

Not alienating the few fans we have left by closing parts of the ground.

I think to have a go at John Williams is a little strange - was he not the man that introduced the lowest price season tickets in the Premier League. Ultimately - what more could he have done to encourage the folk of Blackburn to attend ?

Whatever the reason - small town, limited catchment area, competition from city clubs etc. etc. - the people of Blackburn never followed Rovers with the same passion that our most famous benefactor did. Even in our title winning season we struggled to fill the ground.

Archived