BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Forest Away

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's going to be a lot of pressure building on Championship clubs to agree to some sort of cap on ticket prices in the wake of the Premier League's pledge. As things stand there are 4-5 Championship clubs charging away fans more than Premier League clubs can charge next season.

If the self-styled 'best league in the world' are limiting away tickets at £30 per adult then it can't continue in the Championship for a far inferior product with the likes of Ipswich charging £32 for a Tuesday night to watch dross.

More and more supporters have had enough of it and are stopping going. Wolves have only shifted 300 odd tickets for their game at Leeds tonight, I doubt Rovers will sell more than 400 for Forest, there are many others. Fans have had enough of Tuesday night long trips and £30 tickets to watch rubbish or meaningless fixtures.

The League need to introduce a £25 cap on away tickets for the Championship which would be a sensible start compared to the Premier League's £30.

The excuse from the league/clubs will be that the Premier League boys can afford it with tv money whilst Championship clubs can't and need ticket revenue.

Should be £20 max, personally I reckon £15 would be more like, given the quality of football in this league.

£20 to £25 in this league and £25 to £35 in the Prem end of. Non of it is worth a penny more really and why the likes of City with all their billions have to charge £45 for an adult ticket in Europe is beyond me. Then they stand there and moan when it isn't full for gods sake.

Another thing they should certainly do in all the football leagues is find some way to cap salaries properly. Seeing dollopers running around in this league earning 8 to 15k per week is absolutely @#/? scandalous, There is just no justification for that kind of basic wage outside of top flight.

£20 to £25 in this league and £25 to £35 in the Prem end of. Non of it is worth a penny more really and why the likes of City with all their billions have to charge £45 for an adult ticket in Europe is beyond me. Then they stand there and moan when it isn't full for gods sake.

Another thing they should certainly do in all the football leagues is find some way to cap salaries properly. Seeing dollopers running around in this league earning 8 to 15k per week is absolutely @#/? scandalous, There is just no justification for that kind of basic wage outside of top flight.

Amen on the salaries !

More like Al Wilson - The Snake

Keeping the Northern Soul theme going........The Olympics - Same Ol' Thing

A new year......but the same old mess

A new boss......but the same old tale

Chris Brown missing chance after chance

BRFC losing loyal fans!

It wouldn't seem new to me, coz I'm tired of the same old thing!

Last week I was intending to go to the Forest game. I just cannot be bothered wasting time and my hard earned cash travelling to watch players who could not give a toss.

We need to bring the kiddies in from the <21's. At least they will want to play and impress.

My.......isn't this all so depressing. Watching that clown Trump on the telly is more entertaining.than watching our Rovers clowns.

Raya
Lowe Hanley Ward Doyle
Mahoney Lenihan Evans Bennett

Marshall

Graham

The above would be my choice with the squad that's been selected for tonight. Granted I've not seen Doyle, and little of Mahoney, but at least they'll likely run their rollocks off which is more than can be said of the likes of Gomez.

My changes would be

Raya for Steele

Lowe for Bennett

Ward for Duffy

Evans for Gomez

Mahoney for Jackson

So team would be:-

Raya

Lowe Ward Hanley Kilgallon

Mahoney Evans Lenihan Grimes

Marshall

Graham

Bring Doyle on in the second half to make him debut

To put it more simply....Crap for crap!

Glad we're giving some of the youngsters a go. At least the likes of Mahoney have a chance of doing well and making something of themselves given a few games (just look at Lenihan). Don't think you can say the same for the rest of the squad.

Even if the youngsters turn out not to be good (which I neither think nor hope will be the case), they can't do any worse than the regular XI. And they're likely to show some passion, which is the least we expect in the absence of skill - and has been something sadly lacking in too many players this season!

Are we playing 4-3-3? or a 4-5-1?

I quite like both options, but the way the names are written out looks like a variation of 4-3-3 with Marshall and Mahoney flanking Graham. Looks a bit light on creativity in the centre, but we'll see when the game starts.

Duffy not chirping so much now he's dropped.

Proper decision by a proper manager, Duffy will be a good un I'm sure of that, but he needs to be benched for his mistakes recently and Lambert sees that.

Archived