BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Article -> New Rovers Manager

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You haven't answered any of the legitimate questions I've posted about why people aren't happy with him - from potential corruption (although strangely that rules out Warnock for you), his appalling record, and his not fitting with the person spec of what's recruited. Oh and the fact it's a big up yours from the owners.

There's a difference between calling for his head and wishing he wasn't in post because of all of the above.

I'm just saying warnock is probably as corrupt as coyle but because it's not known as much people don't believe it, his record is poor yes, it's an up yours from the owners? Because of his burnley connections I take it.

I'm sure there's not one fan who seriously thinks Venky's would change their mind and remove the manager before a ball is kicked but #coyleout is merely an expression of their dissatisfaction at such an abysmal appointment that should never have been made. So to see #coyleout as anything else is ludicrous

#coyleout #venyksout #napm

Just the fact people are tweeting his son with these hashtags is worrying enough

Coyle shouldn't be here because he's got an abysmal managerial record first and for most.

He doesn't in anyway fit the profile that Mike Cheston set out in the Telegraph and you have to ask yourself why?

Coyle shouldn't be here because he's got an abysmal managerial record first and for most.

He doesn't in anyway fit the profile that Mike Cheston set out in the Telegraph and you have to ask yourself why?

What were your thought on Paul Lambert then?

Because if go on statistics then Owen Coyle does have a better win% than Paul Lambert overall.

What were your thought on Paul Lambert then?

Because if go on statistics then Owen Coyle does have a better win% than Paul Lambert overall.

Paul Lambert was the best thing to happen to this club in 6yrs in my opinion.

Win percentages are irrelevant.

Paul Lambert was the best thing to happen to this club in 6yrs in my opinion.

Win percentages are irrelevant.

If win % are irrelevant why do managers get judged and sacked because of them? You must have been mighty happy with Steve Kean in charge then if win % mean nothing

This is the ultimate question, and one which to my knowledge still hasn't been put to Cheston by those who have access to him.

Cheston, of his own volition, went to the Lancashire Telegraph and listed credentials they were looking for in the new manager.

• 'Someone who impresses us'
  • 'Someone with the right credentials' - ok one promotion 7 years ago with our dearest rivals, a decent start to his Premier League career, but since 2012 its been all downhill at Bolton, Wigan and Houston
  • 'He will have to operate within FFP' - has Coyle ever done this?
  • 'He will also have to have a good record of bringing players through an academy' - has Coyle ever done this? In 9 years managing in England and the USA, which young players have made the breakthrough under him?

Then there's the timing of the whole thing. On 19th May 2016 the club released this statement:

http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/blackburn-rovers-manager-3119625.aspx

Very brief, but stating that the Interview process was underway with 4 potential candidates. It wasn't until 26th May that Coyle left Houston, and there's no mention from them that he had another job lined up. No mention of an approach from Rovers to speak to him. Did Cheston fly out to America to meet him?

It just doesn't add up on any level.

If win % are irrelevant why do managers get judged and sacked because of them? You must have been mighty happy with Steve Kean in charge then if win % mean nothing

I've been watching football for long enough to know if someone is good, bad, mediocre or a blatant crook.

You stick to win percentages :tu:

Win percentages are relevant, but only tell half the story. They don't take into account the level the manager is operating at. Sam Allardyce has a lower win percentage than Owen Coyle, but one has spent the majority of the last 15 years keeping teams in the Premier League and the other can only dream of such a reputation and track record.

Managing in Portugal with Benfica or Holland with Ajax or Scotland with Celtic or Rangers will immediately equate to a fantastic win record (see Neil Lennon) but come down South and it means nothing.

This is the ultimate question, and one which to my knowledge still hasn't been put to Cheston by those who have access to him.

Cheston, of his own volition, went to the Lancashire Telegraph and listed credentials they were looking for in the new manager.

• 'Someone with the right credentials' - ok one promotion 7 years ago with our dearest rivals, a decent start to his Premier League career, but since 2012 its been all downhill at Bolton, Wigan and Houston
  • 'He will also have to have a good record of bringing players through an academy' - has Coyle ever done this? In 9 years managing in England and the USA, which young players have made the breakthrough under him?

Then there's the timing of the whole thing. On 19th May 2016 the club released this statement:

Very brief, but stating that the Interview process was underway with 4 potential candidates. It wasn't until 26th May that Coyle left Houston, and there's no mention from them that he had another job lined up. No mention of an approach from Rovers to speak to him. Did Cheston fly out to America to meet him?

Oldjamfan emailed him on all these points, but he's not holding his breath for a reply JH....

We are talking calibre here. Lambert had it in the opinion of some, me included, Kean didn't, those after him didn't and Coyle doesn't. Lambert was the only manager who seemed to be appointed for football reasons. All the others including Coyle have been appointed to serve the hidden agenda that is being played out. And therefore we don't trust them.

Take away the Burnley thing which was best part of a decade ago and his management record is average to poor. No better than someone like Bowyer on that score really. As always other motives take priority over winning games and aiming for the top.

Who'd be surprised if it doesn't come out he's activating a clause in 6 months after over seeing the departures of further good players and replacing with cheap wage freebies and a few interesting loans. Not even saying it's his fault but IMO we are being played for fools yet again whilst those in power either operate their devious plan another step or the loons flail about not knowing what to do nor really being that bothered.

Take your pick !

Take away the Burnley thing which was best part of a decade ago and his management record is average to poor. No better than someone like Bowyer on that score really. As always other motives take priority over winning games and aiming for the top.

Who'd be surprised if it doesn't come out he's activating a clause in 6 months after over seeing the departures of further good players and replacing with cheap wage freebies and a few interesting loans. Not even saying it's his fault but IMO we are being played for fools yet again whilst those in power either operate their devious plan another step or the loons flail about not knowing what to do nor really being that bothered.

Take your pick !

The more time that passes by with more and more bizarre decisions and these sort of theories become even more believable. Something just doesn't add up and something is rotten in the state of Denmark as they say.

They've attempted to dress the managerial search/appointment up as some sort of logical, thorough, extensive, considered search which would be seen at other clubs looking for a new manager, yet I don't believe that it has been anything of the sort.

For Cheston to go public and say with a straight face that Owen Coyle is the best man for this job after more than a month of 'searching' is beyond me.

It wouldn't surprise me if Coyle had been the one and only contender from the moment Lambert announced he was off, but owing to his USA obligations and the ruse of making it look like they were looking far and wide they delayed it by a month, thus harming our chances next season even further.

The more time that goes by without Marshall and Duffy getting new contracts points towards them being sold this summer whilst they retain some value. They are probably hoping Duffy impresses at the Euros (same for Corry Evans) and then their values will be boosted. No doubt Coyle's signings will be all funded by their sales.

I agree, it seemed Cheston and co wanted to get in a youth coach type to promote kids in the long run OR an ex Evertonian young guy like Stubbs. They've been left to get on with that whilst meanwhile in the bunker wherever it is those close to the action have come up with Coyle's name.

Doesn't fit the criteria set down by Cheston at all but certainly fits what those in power would want. Cheap, local, right connections, desperate so will do as he's told then there is the Burnley angle to hide behind. He has that on his CV but there is also a ready made excuse for any fan backlash should things continue to go backwards.

I don't blame Coyle in any of this at all, why would he turn it down. I hope he gets a budget and comes up with the goods but to me everything is just geared to fail......again.

Nobody defended Kean like that.

They did Jbiz. Perhaps not on here, but out in the real world they did and it was utterly disgusting. I might have exaggerated on the Champs League comment but I heard plenty similar. The amount of times I heard the fans blamed for our poor form from fellow fans. Sickening.

Also in one of the interviews after Coyle's appointment, he states how he "received the call" explicitly stating Cheston/someone at Rovers phoned him. I am sure the time he alluded to was after we'd supposedly conducted interviews so it doesn't add up at all.

They did Jbiz. Perhaps not on here, but out in the real world they did and it was utterly disgusting. I might have exaggerated on the Champs League comment but I heard plenty similar. The amount of times I heard the fans blamed for our poor form from fellow fans. Sickening.

#coyleout did moyes did as well.

The more time that passes by with more and more bizarre decisions and these sort of theories become even more believable. Something just doesn't add up and something is rotten in the state of Denmark as they say.

Like someone said awhile ago, a consortium of Burnley fans wouldn't have done any worse than Venky's.

I was told by a fellow rovers fan the worst thing we ever did was pot kean he was a proven manager :blink: I was so stunned I couldn't respond, then again apparently we should be thankful venkys own us according to some !

I'm just saying warnock is probably as corrupt as coyle but because it's not known as much people don't believe it, his record is poor yes, it's an up yours from the owners? Because of his burnley connections I take it.

Just the fact people are tweeting his son with these hashtags is worrying enough

I'm confused - if corruption is a bad thing for Warnock surely it has to be a bad thing for Coyle too? And if it's a no no for Warnock for corruption (allegedly) then surely that makes someone with links to ab agency that ripped us off a no no too. By your logic surely Coyle is totally unsuitable?

Also the not very good bit which you admit also is a cause for concern.

As for the up yours - yes it's the Burnley thing. When you've offended supporters, or anyone in life, you aim to make sure you don't continue to do so or antagonise them further. Venkys by appointing a non successful ex dingle manager are being immensely provocative to a fan base they've already hacked off. Or perhaps they're just confused (or corrupt Imo).

Finally red herrings like Warnock don't get away from the raft of more suitable managers who would have come they could have chosen. Let's be honest given Coyle's record that's not too difficult. But they didn't making it all the more frustrating.

Archived