BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Article -> New Rovers Manager

Probably got a few closet Huns on here.

Haha...I haven't heard that expression for yonks.... "Britannia's Huns with their long range guns"?..

Essay Question: How far is it possible to have closet Huns in England?

Weirdly, Steve Kean always played the Celtic card. God how me and my closet Fenian friends hated that....

I think it was Steve Kean's one notable achievement - more than any politician.He managed to unite Fenians and Huns ....against him!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

There is absolutely no probably about it Topman, but the laugh is, Lambert himself is a lifelong Rangers fan.......

There are loads of not so closeted celtic fans as well!

So just to confirm, Tatt. If people disagree with what's going on at Rovers, they shouldn't boycott or protest (as it won't achieve anything) but should pay their money to Venky's, enter Ewood and sit on their hands for 90 minutes? Out of interest, how will this serve us any better than protesting against what Venky's are doing? If we packed Ewood out, it wouldn't make diddly-squat of a difference. We'd still have a @#/?-poor manager and squad. Except maybe Venky's will be happier that fans have turned out in their droves ($$) to financially support their decisions incl our lack of boardroom, the sales of our best players, @#/? signings and the appointment of Owen effing Coyle.

When we are in League One, I do wonder whether people like you will have changed their tune. When our club is near rock bottom and there is little left to salvage, what the excuses will be then. No doubt it will still be the fans' fault. "If people hadn't protested, maybe Venky's would have made good decisions and invested bazillions in the squad and we'd be back in the Prem."

Re protesting...if not now, when?

Just can't see the logic in wanting coyle out?

Maybe you can help me understand

He isn't good enough?

Your stance amounts to "give him enough time to prove he isn't good enough".

First ten games? Christmas? 3 transfer windows? Relegation?

Heard it all before.

He isn't good enough?

Heard it all before.

"Stop being mean to Stevie Kean. He's twying his best. If you put as much effort into supporting the team as you do into protesting, we'd be in the Champs League."

So just to confirm, Tatt. If people disagree with what's going on at Rovers, they shouldn't boycott or protest (as it won't achieve anything) but should pay their money to Venky's, enter Ewood and sit on their hands for 90 minutes? Out of interest, how will this serve us any better than protesting against what Venky's are doing? If we packed Ewood out, it wouldn't make diddly-squat of a difference. We'd still have a @#/?-poor manager and squad. Except maybe Venky's will be happier that fans have turned out in their droves ($$) to financially support their decisions incl our lack of boardroom, the sales of our best players, @#/? signings and the appointment of Owen effing Coyle.

When we are in League One, I do wonder whether people like you will have changed their tune. When our club is near rock bottom and there is little left to salvage, what the excuses will be then. No doubt it will still be the fans' fault. "If people hadn't protested, maybe Venky's would have made good decisions and invested bazillions in the squad and we'd be back in the Prem."

One waiting for the I told you so moment by the looks of it.

The last protests didn't work in anyway at all the next ones won't either, boycott see what happens I can tell you it won't be much.

Ah because If I don't go to games I'm not supporting the venkys financially I'm doing my bit even though ticket revenue makes little difference, it's like shouting to a footballer I pay your wages for I buy tickets as an argument

Because it sounds like the right thing to say.

No doubt the fans who boycott games and don't buy season tickets will be there when it comes to games like Preston away, Wigan away and Newcastle away defeating the object of what they want to achieve

He isn't good enough?

Heard it all before.

Would anyone be good enough

He isn't good enough?

Heard it all before.

Just give him the first 5 minutes of his first game if it doesn't work lets all boo

"Stop being mean to Stevie Kean. He's twying his best. If you put as much effort into supporting the team as you do into protesting, we'd be in the Champs League."

Nobody defended Kean like that.

In 30 years time when Rovers have hit rock bottom (league 2) and the club has rid itself of the venky tumours and is clawing it's way back to were it should be all Rovers fans will reminisce about these days and ALL of them will claim that they were boycotter's (which history will show was the correct action)

A bit like Nob Ends lowest ever attendance during the 70's. If you speak to the good people of Preston it must have been 75,567 as everyone you speak to were there that midweek afternoon

Nobody defended Kean like that.

"Get behind the lads FFS"

If I had a pound for every simpleton I heard shout that I'd could buy out the Indian Cancer

In 30 years time when Rovers have hit rock bottom (league 2) and the club has rid itself of the venky tumours and is clawing it's way back to were it should be all Rovers fans will reminisce about these days and ALL of them will claim that they were boycotter's (which history will show was the correct action)

A bit like Nob Ends lowest ever attendance during the 70's. If you speak to the good people of Preston it must have been 75,567 as everyone you speak to were there that midweek afternoon

If I had a pound for every simpleton I heard shout that I'd could buy out the Indian Cancer

It will be a lot sooner than 30 years

The point was more about comparing coyle and Kean, you know I went blue in the face every time people did it with GB.

Coyle has come as a manager. Yes, I'm with everyone whose underwhelmed and thinks circumstance got him the gig but he's still a manager. His record has been poor since 2009/10 and he's managed local rivals, but he's still a manager.

That's essentially why I'm prepared not to start on his back, Kean was never a manager and showed to be a criminal early doors. If coyle shows himself up to be on the same gravy train, he will be due the stick.

Until that time, I'm not going to get at him until

I've seen us play a few games.

I'd expect others to do the same, if not for the same reasons as me then at least for the reason that OC is a symptom of an overall problem.

Hitting rock bottom

I didn't say it would. Rock bottom will come in this decade. I said after we had hit rock bottom and we were clawing our way back to where we started. It will take that long to recover from the damage done by the scumdogs

I didn't say it would. I said after we had hit rock bottom and we were clawing our way back to where we started. It will take that long to recover from the damage done by the scumdogs

My mates haha because I don't agree with people the ones you dislike must be my mates

The point was more about comparing coyle and Kean, you know I went blue in the face every time people did it with GB.

Coyle has come as a manager. Yes, I'm with everyone whose underwhelmed and thinks circumstance got him the gig but he's still a manager. His record has been poor since 2009/10 and he's managed local rivals, but he's still a manager.

That's essentially why I'm prepared not to start on his back, Kean was never a manager and showed to be a criminal early doors. If coyle shows himself up to be on the same gravy train, he will be due the stick.

Until that time, I'm not going to get at him until

I've seen us play a few games.

I'd expect others to do the same, if not for the same reasons as me then at least for the reason that OC is a symptom of an overall problem.

Totally agree

Just give him the first 5 minutes of his first game if it doesn't work lets all boo

Well that is a childish response from you is it not?

I don't think he will be any good but any protests should be directed at the idiots who gave him the job.

Well that is a childish response from you is it not?

I don't think he will be any good but any protests should be directed at the idiots who gave him the job.

I wouldn't call it childish surely people already asking for him out are far worse? He may be terrible how can anybody call it before it's happened, the owners are to blame yes not the guy who took a job he was offered when he lives round the corner

The issue is not OC and to be calling for his head before he has started the season is ridiculous.

The real issue here is the Venkys and that we are a bent club. I for one do not want to be part of the present set up and give credence by paying money to what does not fit with my high moral standards.

The issue is not OC and to be calling for his head before he has started the season is ridiculous.

The real issue here is the Venkys and that we are a bent club. I for one do not want to be part of the present set up and give credence by paying money to what does not fit with my high moral standards.

The money that fans give to the club makes no difference to our financial situation what so ever if 10,000 paid an average of 400 a season it would pay 1 player a 3 year contract of about 25k a week

It is ridiculous calling for his head, someone who sees sense

I'm sure there's not one fan who seriously thinks Venky's would change their mind and remove the manager before a ball is kicked but #coyleout is merely an expression of their dissatisfaction at such an abysmal appointment that should never have been made. So to see #coyleout as anything else is ludicrous

#coyleout #venyksout #napm

I wouldn't call it childish surely people already asking for him out are far worse? He may be terrible how can anybody call it before it's happened, the owners are to blame yes not the guy who took a job he was offered when he lives round the corner

I think you are on a wind-up so I'll bow out.

The money that fans give to the club makes no difference to our financial situation what so ever if 10,000 paid an average of 400 a season it would pay 1 player a 3 year contract of about 25k a week

It is ridiculous calling for his head, someone who sees sense

You haven't answered any of the legitimate questions I've posted about why people aren't happy with him - from potential corruption (although strangely that rules out Warnock for you), his appalling record, and his not fitting with the person spec of what's recruited. Oh and the fact it's a big up yours from the owners.

There's a difference between calling for his head and wishing he wasn't in post because of all of the above.

Archived