BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fixtures 2016-17

looking forward to away games at: Newcastle (The missus is a Newcastle fan); Burton (new ground); Wolves (easy by train and a couple of decent pubs); Brentford (good away day); Wigan (close by); Rotherham (to laugh at the locals) and Leeds (in-laws are Leeds ST holders and they get me a feebie ticket in the Leeds stand behind their goal).

I cannot stand Preston and their lego stands.

For some reason called the Venky dogs I will not be at Ewood.

Same here PB. Looking forward to my away days. Probably won't have travelled to as many since late 80's early 90's if things go to plan.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Burton away for my Birthday :-))

The Norwich home game will be our lowest ever gate for the start of a season for decades.

Barnsley away on Boxing Day will be a good game and away following. I will hopefully be on a beach somewhere.

Aston Villa at home at the end of the season will see hordes of nasty Villa thugs taking Blackburn apart again.

Very difficult to choose a match to see this Autumn. As I am bringing my New girlfriend and she is an United supporter she wants to go to Old Trafford as well. I cant find weekends where we are able to see both Rovers and United

Can anyone see past Newcastle and Villa for automatic promotion? I can't, especially under the new managerial regimes.

Villa apparently have around £25m to spend, Newcastle a similar budget.

Won't impact on us, we need to concentrate on not going down to league 1, not going to be easy.

Can anyone see past Newcastle and Villa for automatic promotion? I can't, especially under the new managerial regimes.

Villa apparently have around £25m to spend, Newcastle a similar budget.

Won't impact on us, we need to concentrate on not going down to league 1, not going to be easy.

I'm not sure about Villas new owner. Something just doesn't seem right. Wouldn't be surprised if their 25m transfer pot was a bit like our 50m one when Venkys showed up.

I'm not sure about Villas new owner. Something just doesn't seem right. Wouldn't be surprised if their 25m transfer pot was a bit like our 50m one when Venkys showed up.

I know what you mean, I'd still be a bit worried if I was a Villa fan as they intend to use a 'board structure' to decide on player buys and sales, but for now Di Mateo has complete say and my Villa source tells me :P they'll spend 10-15m before the season starts, they've already spent £3m on Tommy Elphick from Bournemouth.

Burton away for my Birthday :-))

The Norwich home game will be our lowest ever gate for the start of a season for decades.

Barnsley away on Boxing Day will be a good game and away following. I will hopefully be on a beach somewhere.

Aston Villa at home at the end of the season will see hordes of nasty Villa thugs taking Blackburn apart again.

My 30th Birthday that day too! Was hoping to go but may have a party so still not sure.

Anyhow, looking at the fixtures we have a great chance to get points on the board early, if not it could be a very long campaign!

A (slightly) more in depth look at the first 8 fixtures

Norwich (h) - recently relegated, beat Rovers on last visit to Ewood

Wigan (a) - newly promoted, Draw last time at the DW, would have beaten them the year before had Hanley kept his head. Mixed bag at the DW over the years

Cardiff (a) - A bit of a bogey ground, no wins at Cardiff since 1985!

Burton (h) - newly promoted, a must win?

Fulham (h) - usually a game we don't lose at home even going back to Premier League days, P2 W2 at Ewood since they were relegated in 2014 (home)

QPR (a) - Rovers unbeaten at Loftus Road since 1993, 3 draws in the recent fixtures

Leeds (a) - great recent record at Elland Road, W3 D1 since relegation in 2012 (away)

Rotherham (h) - Rovers won this fixture in the last two seasons, Rotherham have not won at Ewood since 1979.

2015/16 corresponding fixtures (without Norwich, Wigan and Burton)

P5 W3 D1 L1 F9 A3 Pts10

11th March away at Norwich is the one that might tempt me. Nice weekend away in Norwich. Never been and have friends in Kings Lynn I could visit

Nice ground.

Friendly knowledgable fans.

Lovely City.

You should enjoy it.....apart from the long drive.

Have just discovered I can't go. We're appearing in a play in clitheroe that week. Wouldn't you know that of all the possible matches I'd have to miss for whatever reason, the only one I want to go to this season is the one I'm forced by other circumstances to miss!

There was certainly a lot of question marks regarding the companies he stated he owned/partners in

See Leeds first game is being broadcast live , oh um

First weekend Live broadcasts

Fri - Fulham v Newcastle

Sun - QPR v Leeds

Sun - Sheff W v Villa

My 30th Birthday that day too! Was hoping to go but may have a party so still not sure.

Anyhow, looking at the fixtures we have a great chance to get points on the board early, if not it could be a very long campaign!

A (slightly) more in depth look at the first 8 fixtures

Norwich (h) - recently relegated, beat Rovers on last visit to Ewood

Wigan (a) - newly promoted, Draw last time at the DW, would have beaten them the year before had Hanley kept his head. Mixed bag at the DW over the years

Cardiff (a) - A bit of a bogey ground, no wins at Cardiff since 1985!

Burton (h) - newly promoted, a must win?

Fulham (h) - usually a game we don't lose at home even going back to Premier League days, P2 W2 at Ewood since they were relegated in 2014 (home)

QPR (a) - Rovers unbeaten at Loftus Road since 1993, 3 draws in the recent fixtures

Leeds (a) - great recent record at Elland Road, W3 D1 since relegation in 2012 (away)

Rotherham (h) - Rovers won this fixture in the last two seasons, Rotherham have not won at Ewood since 1979.

2015/16 corresponding fixtures (without Norwich, Wigan and Burton)

P5 W3 D1 L1 F9 A3 Pts10

The first eight games look favourable as mentioned. If we could beat newly relegated Norwich, you would have to say we have a decent chance in the next 7 games to acquire some early points.

With Burton, Fulham and Rotherham all at home in the first 8 games we should be looking to win those three. The away games look relatively straight forward as well.

Probably therefore lose by 3 to Norwich and by the odd goal at Wigan and Cardiff, putting huge early pressure on the Burton and Fulham home results.

Does anyone know when the u21 fixtures are released. Also I have just seen we are playing Mansfield in a friendly in July the same time the draw for the cup came up against Mansfield can anyone confirm if we are playing them twice or if its a mistake on the website

Archived