BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fixtures 2016-17

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Premier League release their fixtures tomorrow at 9am but the football League release theirs next Wednesday (22nd). I always thought that they got released on the same day.

Burnley at home 13th August, Boxing Day, 31st December, 6th May meaning we will be away on these dates.

Burnley away on 2nd January, 25th February (my birthday), Easter Saturday meaning we will be at home on these dates.

Interesting if true, no festive home fixtures between Christmas and New Year, usually a time for decent attendances!

Should be no switching to accommodate Liverpool's redevelopment. If Anfield can't host the fixture they should make arrangements to play their home games at another venue. If they can't do that then whoever they are playing should be awarded the points. Why should numerous other clubs fixtures (ours included due to Lancs Police ineptitude) be affected because Liverpool want to expand their stadium?

But as ever they will probably get their way and then Rovers will have to move their game to a Sunday or Tuesday night, negatively affecting the crowd. But good old Rovers will do as they are told.

Presumably the Football League, or EFL as we should get used to calling it (lol) now need more time to re-jig the fixtures after last weeks revelations.

The 'EFL' claim that last week's leak was little more than a hoax, my guess is that there are numerous versions of these supposedly 'random' fixtures and rather than merely being randomly assigned games done by a computer that they are actually more done deliberately.

That's why remarkable patterns have emerged in our fixtures in recent seasons. Like repeatedly playing Birmingham away on a Tuesday night and Middlesbrough at Xmas. They aren't random fixtures, they are set deliberately. Clubs and police want the derby games on Saturdays rather than Tuesday nights and prefer the arduous away trips to be midweek when only a hardy bunch of a few hundred will travel to QPR or Ipswich so policing/stewarding costs are kept to a minimum.

Should be no switching to accommodate Liverpool's redevelopment. If Anfield can't host the fixture they should make arrangements to play their home games at another venue. If they can't do that then whoever they are playing should be awarded the points. Why should numerous other clubs fixtures (ours included due to Lancs Police ineptitude) be affected because Liverpool want to expand their stadium?

But as ever they will probably get their way and then Rovers will have to move their game to a Sunday or Tuesday night, negatively affecting the crowd. But good old Rovers will do as they are told.

So have Liverpool made request before today that on 20 Aug they be allocated an away fixture??

If they haven't, but they should have, then why should others have to make alternative arrangement for their loss of gate receipts.

If they did make the request then maybe publication of fixtures is saying request not granted.

Have other clubs been allowed to change fixtures for ground redevelopment? Did Rovers?

So have Liverpool made request before today that on 20 Aug they be allocated an away fixture??

If they haven't, but they should have, then why should others have to make alternative arrangement for their loss of gate receipts.

If they did make the request then maybe publication of fixtures is saying request not granted.

Have other clubs been allowed to change fixtures for ground redevelopment? Did Rovers?

No Jack did the job right ....They would have loved us to have requested a postponement....

Who do we want to play then on the opening day?

Living in Cardiff, I'd like a trip across the Severn to Bristol City to kick things off away from home (yes I know this will be our 2nd game).

Looking forward to a first trip to Burton, and will be looking closely for the Preston away game.

Who do we want to play then on the opening day?

Living in Cardiff, I'd like a trip across the Severn to Bristol City to kick things off away from home (yes I know this will be our 2nd game).

Looking forward to a first trip to Burton, and will be looking closely for the Preston away game.

Whilst the weather is good I'd like a fairly long away trip to kick things off. Get one of the tough journeys out of the way early doors and save the short trips for the winter. So Ipswich, Brentford, Brighton, QPR etc. for me.

Probably most looking forward to Burton away, as long as its a Saturday.

looking forward to away games at: Newcastle (The missus is a Newcastle fan); Burton (new ground); Wolves (easy by train and a couple of decent pubs); Brentford (good away day); Wigan (close by); Rotherham (to laugh at the locals) and Leeds (in-laws are Leeds ST holders and they get me a feebie ticket in the Leeds stand behind their goal).

I cannot stand Preston and their lego stands.

For some reason called the Venky dogs I will not be at Ewood.

Archived