BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer/discussion Thread

Without the connection that somebody like Jack had to the club - why keep throwing money at Rovers ? We are just another part of their business empire - if by some miracle we get promoted great, if not keep the losses to a minimum and try to keep in the Championship.

Common decency?

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why bother keeping hold then ? most savvy business people cut their losses. Why not throw some money at it to actually build it up and try and make a success of it then they can have some good publicity ? It needn't take 20 mill and not even promotion just a decent rolling investment and a genuine plan to go for it.

For me they've had their fun and fair share of hassle now, the vast tv money since they took over has dried up, the only real last big investment/asset has been cashed, the lenders have reached equity and slammed the vault shut on this one as a result so they're done.

They are too selfish to pass it on and see someone make a go of it, too worried about the numerous skeletons that will fall out in a normal takeover and have got their team of accountants to find a way of using the books to their advantage instead.

We've all been having these type of debates at this time every season and we'll be having the same one in a years time, 2yrs time etc etc.

I wonder if there is a chance the championship may become a valuable commodity in itself. The bigger the PL gets the bigger the championship gets. It wouldn't surprise me at all if moves were afoot for a bigger TV deal. Does a club like ours need 100-120m per year to thrive? Or could it live on half or even a third of that? More importantly could venkys make their money back? Everyone sings the praises of this division. How long before someone markets it?

I wonder if there is a chance the championship may become a valuable commodity in itself. The bigger the PL gets the bigger the championship gets. It wouldn't surprise me at all if moves were afoot for a bigger TV deal. Does a club like ours need 100-120m per year to thrive? Or could it live on half or even a third of that? More importantly could venkys make their money back? Everyone sings the praises of this division. How long before someone markets it?

That would be a way forward although when you think of how Sky are all over Leeds in this div then parity would be hard to come by. With the playing field maybe shaking up a bit recently in the Prem then if big high profile clubs start dropping regularly then yes it becomes marketable you'd think.

Trouble is the mess they've caused now we'll always be amongst the poor relations just like pre Jack even if we start getting 20 mil per season again from Sky. Run correctly then yes there's a great chance but we need the structure of a Burnley or even North End in order to build again even with modest cash.

Never ever happen under this lot they either waste it, let others waste it or bleed it out. We will always be wide open to abuse without an honest experienced operator based at Ewood.

That would be a way forward although when you think of how Sky are all over Leeds in this div then parity would be hard to come by. With the playing field maybe shaking up a bit recently in the Prem then if big high profile clubs start dropping regularly then yes it becomes marketable you'd think.

Trouble is the mess they've caused now we'll always be amongst the poor relations just like pre Jack even if we start getting 20 mil per season again from Sky. Run correctly then yes there's a great chance but we need the structure of a Burnley or even North End in order to build again even with modest cash.

Never ever happen under this lot they either waste it, let others waste it or bleed it out. We will always be wide open to abuse without an honest experienced operator based at Ewood.

Well I wouldn't argue with that Tom (or is it Phil?). Even if what I said does happen we're still likely to bugger it up with some idiotic and ill thought out plan. I used to laugh at people who claimed they could do better than these highly paid big wigs. But as I've gotten older I've realised these folk in high places just bluff. These people running the club are very likely to be genuine dimwits who just talk the talk.it scares the life out of me that they're actually playing with something so important.

I get called both pal hence the profile name, long story but 1st name Phil :lol:

You make a good point though about the Champ ending up being a commodity itself as I think it'll happen eventually. Kind of a Prem 2 as was talked about but still with promotion/relegation.

Maybe they'd have so shorten it though also if it's ever been muted to chairmen maybe that's why a lot seem happy to plod on for now in the middle of it. Anyway back on topic it would make it more attractive for decent players but we'd end up with an average champ wage of 25k pwk :blink:

I get called both pal hence the profile name, long story but 1st name Phil :lol:

You make a good point though about the Champ ending up being a commodity itself as I think it'll happen eventually. Kind of a Prem 2 as was talked about but still with promotion/relegation.

Maybe they'd have so shorten it though also if it's ever been muted to chairmen maybe that's why a lot seem happy to plod on for now in the middle of it. Anyway back on topic it would make it more attractive for decent players but we'd end up with an average champ wage of 25k pwk :blink:

Scary thought eh Dave.

Isn't there already talk of 18 and 20 team maximum divisions. On that basis you'd have to think a PL2 or Championship-Plus is very likely. Many larger teams who are relegated from the PL will want TV exposure and funds.

The trouble is because there is a shift towards only big clubs being favoured, the TV companies will want to show the big ex-PL team (like they do now but on a grander scale) and it will be a lottery to see if you are one of their televised fixtures.

True parity, in an FFP-world would require/allow all clubs to have their own Pay-Per-View channels separate from, or more likely hosted by, Sky (via the red button). Each team would then get revenue from their own games. This of course kills the sacred 3pm ko having no coverage... but isn't the 3pm match all but dead now anyway?

There's no real impact on other clubs except for away fan revenue which would be offset by TV money. It also makes games more accessible to the overseas market - if it can be regulated. Obviously the gamble is that half the country will be watching United rather than thei me own team but isn't that the world we live in anyway?

Well they already treat Leeds like the Man U of this division in as much as a lot of teams only get shown when Leeds are involved. Clubs having their own channels all but paves the way for football in empty stadiums big teams or not. Elland Road is virtually empty when they are on and not doing well.

I've always felt that was coming anyway as like you've said the 3pm is going to be extinct soon. Won't be long before live football is occupying the midweek tea time peak viewing slots, after all that's the only reason Neighbours got famous....

Don't disagree generally DMTP .

Problem is they have had 5 years and its cost them over £100million in debt on top of what they bought it for. basically you would think they either carry on gambling if money is really no object for people of their supposed wealth......or you call a halt to proceedings and look for the exit. They appear to be doing neither, a bit like Tomphil has suggested, so what is it that they expect to happen by appointing a manager (ignoring who that may be and however good or bad) and expecting him to operate with a minimal budget and deal in loan players???

Which makes the decision to close off any talks with the Ians completely baffling. The only explanation is that they don't know what to do other than pray for a miracle because they know they just can't open the books to any buyer and expose the real situation to anyone.

It has to be that or they would at least have been prepared to listen to the Ian's who apparently were a) offering to help put a structure in place and get the Club motoring from that side of things and b ) were bringing cash to the table to invest in the squad.

just why would you in their position , simply ignore that. ???

Somebody who knows the Ian's pretty well told me they were gobsmacked that the only response to their proposals was that announcement on the Club website so these lot didn't even have the decency to reply to them. They really don't give a sh1t .

Said that from the moment they strutted on ewood like gangsters and that ignorant fat bitch didnt have the decency to an interview pitch side , instead staying inside and disrespting fans . Total disgusting family .

Well they already treat Leeds like the Man U of this division in as much as a lot of teams only get shown when Leeds are involved. Clubs having their own channels all but paves the way for football in empty stadiums big teams or not. Elland Road is virtually empty when they are on and not doing well.

I've always felt that was coming anyway as like you've said the 3pm is going to be extinct soon. Won't be long before live football is occupying the midweek tea time peak viewing slots, after all that's the only reason Neighbours got famous....

@#/? ha neighbours is THE best programme on telly

As you say the debates will continue as long as they own us - as in truth nobody can make sense of it all.

Debates will continue as you say and, as long as they do,I'll continue to say it's wrong to blame fans for not turning up.

Anyway, Graham would be a great signing, but if his wages are too much I think we should move on.

If he really wants to join the club he will take what he's offered and we can all move forward with him as our forefront striker.

Either way, it needs to be resolved quickly, signing Graham would appease some of the masses.

No good being a good striker if you can't provide the service to him.so I wouldn't sign him at all costs. I'd sign him if I still had enough money to address some of the other glaring inadequacies in the squad. I'd hope we could get him, but not if his demands are high

Graham is #1 priority for me. Can't think of any similar alternatives that wouldn't cost a lot more. Even after signing him we'd need at least 2 more strikers.

I have my doubts about Graham - don't think he will be able to cope without Chris Brown alongside him - :glare:

Seriously - he offers a goal threat and his hold up play is brilliant - put him alongside a pacy striker and we could be onto a winner. I suppose the only doubts are his wage demands (lets see how much he really wants to come to East Lancs) and his continued fitness over a long Championship season.

Said that from the moment they strutted on ewood like gangsters and that ignorant fat bitch didnt have the decency to an interview pitch side , instead staying inside and disrespting fans . Total disgusting family .

@#/? ha neighbours is THE best programme on telly

It is. My cousin is in it.

Archived