BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer/discussion Thread

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing history has shown us, nobody knows what our owners will do next.

Yes it has generally been a downward spiral - but they are always likely to surprise.

How many times was Rhodes sold before he eventually left, how much did we spend trying to immediately bounce back to the Premiership, they will never hire an experienced manager and then up they pop with Lambert.

I know many think they just have it in for Rovers - and given their success it is hardly surprising. Personally I just think they have no idea of how to run a football club - so even when they do something sensible it falls apart because they give the money to the wrong manager, don't stick to the apparent plan with the one experienced manager they brought in, wreck the management structure at Rovers so we have the management agility of a beached whale.

So based on previous experience I will wait to see what happens.

They always mess it up. Too many times now. It must be by design, not by accident.

So the best thing to do is have a dig at someone who sees the bright side of life?

Good luck to you chaddy.I feel as miserable as sin and as optimistic as a venkys chicken. But I wouldn't begrudge anyone who can keep up beat with this going on. Keep the faith mate. Because if we ever turn it all around you'll deserve it a darn sight more than me.

Edit. I should stress that Lord of the rings is on the box and maybe I'm getting carried away with unbridled hope and a good heart overcoming adversity.

it's OK. I've put him on ignore. Now I just need people to stop quoting him

Ryan Taylor has phoned Coyle asking him if he'd take him. Dunno what Coyle has said. Surely be interested with the right wages.

Pay as you play only.

His knee is shot and i only see him as a RB.

Shame when he was at Tranmere as a young one he looked like he could have played for England.

Yes it has generally been a downward spiral - but they are always likely to surprise.

Surprises. Possibly. But they are never good ones; at best they are pretend good ones. Any time they look like the might be trying to do the right thing they change their minds and @#/? it up.

But mostly they just @#/? things up.

I actually think Chaddy is right - though I think we all fear the worst - the time to judge transfer business will be in a few weeks time. Lots of people are judging the quality of what Coyle will bring in before we have even signed one player.

Spurr? Oh yes, I forgot, he's just back-up for a Le Saux type!

How many times was Rhodes sold before he eventually left, how much did we spend trying to immediately bounce back to the Premiership, they will never hire an experienced manager and then up they pop with Lambert.

I know many think they just have it in for Rovers - and given their success it is hardly surprising. Personally I just think they have no idea of how to run a football club - so even when they do something sensible it falls apart because they give the money to the wrong manager, don't stick to the apparent plan with the one experienced manager they brought in, wreck the management structure at Rovers so we have the management agility of a beached whale.

So based on previous experience I will wait to see what happens.

"Nobody knows what terrible mistake Venkys will make next "is a more accurate statement.

• Backroom

Ryan Taylor has phoned Coyle asking him if he'd take him. Dunno what Coyle has said. Surely be interested with the right wages.

I was thinking of Stephen Taylor who's leaving Newcastle, both worth a snot at this level but both would be in the Murphy bracket of high wages and potentially unmotivated and we'd possibly be better looking younger and hungrier.

I was thinking of Stephen Taylor who's leaving Newcastle, both worth a snot at this level but both would be in the Murphy bracket of high wages and potentially unmotivated and we'd possibly be better looking younger and hungrier.

think he's talking to rangers, so can't be talking that much in wages. Unless they've suddenly got rich.

Ryan Taylor think feels he has a point to prove after having been injured for ages. We'll see how motivated he is if he takes a paycut to join.

Apparently Celtic are ro release Anthony Stokes thus summer. I've got a feeling we'll be in for him if that's true.

Always a punt taking a striker from Scotland, but he's got goals behind him and would surely be one or two steps up from a Chris Brown/Simeon Jackson signing. He stood out in the Scottish Cup final a couple of weeks ago.

Not sure how I’d feel about him being our ‘main’ striker, I’d prefer Graham, wages would surely be a fair bit lower than Graham’s though.

Looks like yet another non-story from the LT. Of course Slade will expect Watt to start pre-season with them if he's contracted to Charlton and injured... :rock:

• Moderation Lead

Looks like yet another non-story from the LT. Of course Slade will expect Watt to start pre-season with them if he's contracted to Charlton and injured... :rock:

Ha, aye. That seems to be about the size of their journalism these days. Guesswork + quotes + some twitter rumours= LT article.

Always a punt taking a striker from Scotland, but he's got goals behind him and would surely be one or two steps up from a Chris Brown/Simeon Jackson signing. He stood out in the Scottish Cup final a couple of weeks ago.

Not sure how I’d feel about him being our ‘main’ striker, I’d prefer Graham, wages would surely be a fair bit lower than Graham’s though.

Stokes could be okay at Championship level if he can sort his stroppy attitude out. He's not a bad crosser of a ball and does have goals in him too.

Stokes could be okay at Championship level if he can sort his stroppy attitude out. He's not a bad crosser of a ball and does have goals in him too.

I'll have to plead ignorance on this point. What 'type' or forward is Stokes? I thought he was an out-and-out goal scorer ala Rhodes rather than a provider? His record in England is also poor (although he was really only quite young whilst at Sunderland).

Archived