BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer/discussion Thread

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds sadly plausible. Ultimately I'd like us to stop signing journeymen to fill out the third/fourth choices for positions and give those places to youngsters instead, and perhaps these cash-strapped, dark, Venkys-owned days constitute the right opportunity for it?

how many times do we have to say it? Our youngsters are not good enough. Don't take my word for it. Parson goes to nearly every match at whatever level Rovers play and he says even those who might be good enough are not ready by a long chalk

how many times do we have to say it? Our youngsters are not good enough. Don't take my word for it. Parson goes to nearly every match at whatever level Rovers play and he says even those who might be good enough are not ready by a long chalk

Perhaps, but we'll never know unless we test them out. Football is full of stories of young players who weren't thought good enough, got their chance by fortuitous circumstances, and then blossomed. I'm not naive enough to think that we'll replace half our team with academy players over a pre-season, but using one as fourth choice winger or striker can't be any worse than bringing in mediocre journeymen like Jackson or Taylor and paying them first team wages to play in 10 games per season. I believe that's an antiquated way of running a football club at this level, and the sooner we start to recalibrate the better.

Frimpong is without a club ....

I think this summer could see a revolving door of waif's and strays coming in for trials.. Players out of contract without clubs trying to earn a deal , Rovers , strangely could have the pick of all the players other clubs don't want ... Great times eh ???

From Alan Nixon

One as good as done. Four or five clearer picture next week. All good if people stay sensible. Can't go into details. Tied in with something else. So needs to stay dark.

Im typing words in a particular order, then next week I'll type them in a different order and claim I know what I'm on about.

From Alan Nixon

One as good as done. Four or five clearer picture next week. All good if people stay sensible. Can't go into details. Tied in with something else. So needs to stay dark.

He is the palm reader for blokes. Nicko our own Russell Grant. Neptune is on the horizon, a Capricorn may well bring wealth. Today fortune will favour the brave.

Tweets 300 times a day but without any detail. The above snippet sums it up. No names no quotes just something any of us could have written.

I'll give it a go. Plenty of irons in the fire, two deals close, agents a problem though will be one or two through the door by Thurs next week. Things are moving.

From Alan Nixon

Why does he talk like Nostradamus? The tit

From Alan Nixon

One as good as done(Past it). Four or five clearer picture next week (they are on holiday not spoken to any of them). All good if people stay sensible (all freebies don't get excited). Can't go into details (made all this up). Tied in with something else (I'm bored got nothing else to do). So needs to stay dark (I'm in the dark like the rest of you).

I think he means they'll sign if wages aren't stupid when he says "all good if people stay sensible" which would tie in with not speaking yet.

Other than that, crimpshines got it spot on IMO.

What can I do but 'accept' it? I can no more effect change on the situation than you, right?

Would have thought collectively by not accepting the dross would have a greater chance of forcing change.

I'd agree with you JAL, but our club's owners are pig effing window lickers, and therefore would not respond to normal pressure like protests or suchlike. I wish we could change things through collective force, but it seems that even a terrorist campaign would not remove them!

"A planned course of action designed to disrupt, fracture or destroy a given society or culture".

Are we sure this lot aren't the terrorist campaign?

Maybe it's time to call in George Bush.

From Alan Nixon

Im typing words in a particular order, then next week I'll type them in a different order and claim I know what I'm on about.

Made me laugh. I imagined Steve Carell shouting it like in Anchorman.

Daily fail saying Anthony Stokes is going to hold talks with Rovers and a few other clubs.

From Alan Nixon

Despite not being a huge nixon fan he does know Coyle and sadly for me the wording imo "All good if people stay sensible", "tied in with something else" to me sounds like a sale will trigger loan/freebie/cheap signings.. would not be surprised if that means Hanley/Marshall/Duffy out for Watt, Maynard et al..

From Alan Nixon

Far to many posters have lost sight of what this board is all about.

Cheers Chaddy, appreciate the information :tu:

Archived