BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer/discussion Thread

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't all sound so surprised, its not as if we expected any different is it?

I think I'll PM Jim to get his relegation thread started early this season.

May as well start it now. Everyone seems to agree it will be a very difficult season.

I can confirm being a Londoner and have a large group of Fulham fans as friends and having seeing Fulham play a few times this year that O'Hara has been nothing but awful! The Swedish dude is good though, Burn is terrible, and Hutchinson is okayish decent back up.

Watt, Graham and Maynard plus one more would be a decent set of attacking options. Watt seems to be hinting he's on his way back to Rovers and Graham wants to re-join.

If Coyle wants to play with two strikers, I'd be happy with a (realistic) strike force of Graham, Watt, Derbyshire and Anichebe.

I'll have to plead ignorance on this point. What 'type' or forward is Stokes? I thought he was an out-and-out goal scorer ala Rhodes rather than a provider? His record in England is also poor (although he was really only quite young whilst at Sunderland).

He's a "support striker" so plays together with a No 9, or he can play on the left of the front three, as he doesn't have pace but is quite creative. In terms of playing as a lone striker, he makes Rhodes look like Drogba.

He would be quite good in this league but has a bit of an attitude.

If Coyle wants to play with two strikers, I'd be happy with a (realistic) strike force of Graham, Watt, Derbyshire and Anichebe.

This isn't realistic. I'm fairly certain Anichebe alone will demand circa £10k pw (was on the same at West Brom [according to the interweb]). I would imagine Graham will want double that. I can't imagine us spending £30k pw on two players. More like £40k pw split across the 4 of them.

He's a "support striker" so plays together with a No 9, or he can play on the left of the front three, as he doesn't have pace but is quite creative. In terms of playing as a lone striker, he makes Rhodes look like Drogba.

He would be quite good in this league but has a bit of an attitude.

Thanks for that :tu:

I can confirm being a Londoner and have a large group of Fulham fans as friends and having seeing Fulham play a few times this year that O'Hara has been nothing but awful! The Swedish dude is good though, Burn is terrible, and Hutchinson is okayish decent back up.

I'll take their word on it. Forget O'Hara

Ryan Taylor would be alright if fit but I imagine he'll be invited for trial before a deal is even discussed.

I'll take their word on it. Forget O'Hara

Ryan Taylor would be alright if fit but I imagine he'll be invited for trial before a deal is even discussed.

Come on Neal Taylor like Maynard are nowhere near good enough to play for Blackburn Rovers.

I would be happy with either Anichebe or Graham either, or. On a side note I like the look of James Norwood who has been getting absolutely incredible reviews in the non league. Omar Bogle is another who has had a few good seasons along with Sean Ragger. Most of these names are based either from mates who supports those team, and the time when I have seen them play a few times across this season.

Would much rather Matt Derbyshire than Maynard. However, Maynard is a bit of a work horse and can do the running in behind from Graham's flick ons. Not that Matt D can't do that.

Has anyone heard anything regarding Hanley?

Heard from someone who I think knows him personally that he's happy to stay. Was a passing comment when talking Rovers and I didn't ask any more.

• Moderation Lead

Come on Neal Taylor like Maynard are nowhere near good enough to play for Blackburn Rovers.

As someone who's the first to admit we have no money, I'm curious as to who we would likely get that will be much better, with this in mind?

We're in the @#/? though, aren't we? At what point will you wake up to the fact that those sorts of players, are, sadly, in fact good enough to play for Rovers as things stand.

We're in the @#/? though, aren't we? At what point will you wake up to the fact that those sorts of players, are, sadly, in fact good enough to play for Rovers as things stand.

If you guys want to accept the spiral downwards then fine for me they aren't good enough.

This isn't realistic. I'm fairly certain Anichebe alone will demand circa £10k pw (was on the same at West Brom [according to the interweb]). I would imagine Graham will want double that. I can't imagine us spending £30k pw on two players. More like £40k pw split across the 4 of them.

Sounds sadly plausible. Ultimately I'd like us to stop signing journeymen to fill out the third/fourth choices for positions and give those places to youngsters instead, and perhaps these cash-strapped, dark, Venkys-owned days constitute the right opportunity for it?

Maynard isn't, Taylor is a good player who most Rovers fans wanted to sign when he was fit.

If you guys want to accept the spiral downwards then fine for me they aren't good enough.

Be careful Jal.

Archived