BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer/discussion Thread

Haven't mentioned Rhodes at all den - he's not a Rovers player any more, so I'm not interested in him. Time for that tiresome debate to be put in the past.

I didn't mean to upset you with my post. My point was that if we sign Graham but don't improve the rest of the squad (what's left of it) he would need to perform well above being a good Championship striker to keep our heads above water. If signing Graham would reduce what we could spend on bringing in other good squad members then it's a pointless effort.

I rate Graham as a decent Championship striker, for sure. He really impressed me during his time on loan last season and changed my mind about him as I hadn't rated him much before then. My concern is that we'll end up spending what paltry amount we have on Graham then sign dross on loan to compliment him.

Of course, more than likely we'll sign dross without getting Graham.

Well, we'll probably start the season with neither so it doesn't much matter!

Yeh but its scary when we look at this squad, and how poor a squad it was/is.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Yeh but its scary when we look at this squad, and how poor a squad it was/is.

It's truly awful. We need Graham plus at least three or four more good players. With our budget we likely can't even afford Graham by himself. Last season's team was primed for a relegation battle - I think the upcoming season's squad will be nailed on to go down.

• Moderation Lead

If he's any sense he'll go to Birmingham or even PNE before us anyway.

He'll go where the money is, that won't be here and it certainly won't be to either of those two.

My guess would be Wigan.

Haven't mentioned Rhodes at all den - he's not a Rovers player any more, so I'm not interested in him. Time for that tiresome debate to be put in the past.

I didn't mean to upset you with my post. My point was that if we sign Graham but don't improve the rest of the squad (what's left of it) he would need to perform well above being a good Championship striker to keep our heads above water. If signing Graham would reduce what we could spend on bringing in other good squad members then it's a pointless effort.

I rate Graham as a decent Championship striker, for sure. He really impressed me during his time on loan last season and changed my mind about him as I hadn't rated him much before then. My concern is that we'll end up spending what paltry amount we have on Graham then sign dross on loan to compliment him.

Of course, more than likely we'll sign dross without getting Graham.

Well, we'll probably start the season with neither so it doesn't much matter!

You didn't upset me DE.

One things for sure - in my mind anyway - what we don't need is a manager with a 5 year plan, or one who believes the academy is going to supply us with anywhere near to what we need. Basically we needed another strong, single minded manager - if not Lambert, someone with the same desire and determination. Is that man Coyle?

• Backroom

You didn't upset me DE.

One things for sure - in my mind anyway - what we don't need is a manager with a 5 year plan, or one who believes the academy is going to supply us with anywhere near to what we need. Basically we needed another strong, single minded manager - if not Lambert, someone with the same desire and determination. Is that man Coyle?

I think we both know the answer to that question, unfortunately. Our current owners have no time for strong managers. They want weak, desperate, cowardly yes-men to do their bidding, never ask questions and praise them whenever possible.

Meanwhile, certain fans attack Lambert for actually speaking out and giving us more 'read between the lines' ammunition then any of the previous chancers had ever come close to supplying. It's baffling.

Bunkum.

Tailored the play? Old school?

Graham is a technically sound centre forward. He's quality, nothing to do with what others do.

I would play him as our main striker with either pacey striker/skillful number 10 next to him.

We should be doing what we can to get him in

I don't know why we are even discussing Graham like it's possible, didn't Coyle say at least three times it would take a very big offer? And doesn't that mean he's too expensive? I'd love to get him, I think having someone like him who can actual get hold of the ball at the right end of the pitch could be the difference between staying up or not. There is the slight hope, after what happened to him at Sunderland, that he might appreciate being at a place where it has worked for him. Footballers are all confidence players and if he is comfortable here maybe he is pushing for a deal.

That was a really terrible article, wasn't it? Wasn't it just a rehash of two previous articles with nothing new whatsoever?

I wouldn't expect a boat load of signings. Rumour under Lambert that he was told to bring 6/7 through from the youth team this year. I think that could still stand.

then get out the map and start memorising routes to league 1 clubs for sure because our youth players are in general not championship players. One or 2 might be league 1 at a push

You didn't upset me DE.

No he's here as the latest yes man pitched to the owners behind everybody's back by some special friendly advisor or other. He's also the latest fall guy, Mr Bowyer was too nice and Mr Lambert was too stubborn so enter Owen 'connected' Coyle !

It's truly awful. We need Graham plus at least three or four more good players. With our budget we likely can't even afford Graham by himself. Last season's team was primed for a relegation battle - I think the upcoming season's squad will be nailed on to go down.

At this moment in time who has left that people would consider a loss - except Graham ?

We obviously need more players - and better quality - but the core of a team that should keep us out of the bottom three remains (providing we get in half decent strikers). Whether key players will still be here by the start of the season is anyone's guess.

No he's here as the latest yes man pitched to the owners behind everybody's back by some special friendly advisor or other. He's also the latest fall guy, Mr Bowyer was too nice and Mr Lambert was too stubborn so enter Owen 'connected' Coyle !

They won't have a scoobies who he is. But he will have to behave or he'll follow all the rest of 'em.

I wonder if we will go back in for Tony Watt?

It's not impossible, but I would hope Coyle has better lined up.

Has he?

I really doubt we will be offering more than around £10k pw, maybe £12k at a push.

I think Graham will very quickly lose interest in signing permanently for us, no matter how much he enjoyed his spell here.

And just watch the fans blame FFP and/or Graham for being too greedy.

I'll be amazed if we get anyone in who is better than those players already here. We really need to get lucky with a couple of youth players.

I really doubt we will be offering more than around £10k pw, maybe £12k at a push.

I think Graham will very quickly lose interest in signing permanently for us, no matter how much he enjoyed his spell here.

Wouldn't be surprised if we are offering 5 to 8 grand a week tops these days and looking to sell, get rid of anyone on north of 10k pwk :(

And just watch the fans blame FFP and/or Graham for being too greedy.

I'll be amazed if we get anyone in who is better than those players already here. We really need to get lucky with a couple of youth players.

Sadly, there are no strikers in the youth set up anywhere near good enough at the moment. The best is Mansell but he is still developing physically and whilst excellent with the Under-18's it is a huge jump to Championship level and at times he has struggled to make an impact with the Under-21's.

Sadly, there are no strikers in the youth set up anywhere near good enough at the moment. The best is Mansell but he is still developing physically and whilst excellent with the Under-18's it is a huge jump to Championship level and at times he has struggled to make an impact with the Under-21's.

Do you no longer include Mahoney in the youth set up, or do you just not rate him?

Do you no longer include Mahoney in the youth set up, or do you just not rate him?

He's really an Under-21/First team squad player but is an orthodox winger rather than a striker. He has shown potential in the Under-21's - scored some cracking goals from the wing as well - but he tends to drift in and out of games. This season is surely make or break for him and O'Sullivan and at the moment I think the jury is out on both.

He's really an Under-21/First team squad player but is an orthodox winger rather than a striker. He has shown potential in the Under-21's - scored some cracking goals from the wing as well - but he tends to drift in and out of games. This season is surely make or break for him and O'Sullivan and at the moment I think the jury is out on both.

I think we can call a loss on O'Sullivan at this point now, surely.

i didn't see enough of Tony Watt to justify the supposed £1m price tag , he was unfortunate he got injured and couldn't sustain the full season , i saw flashes of good play but also games were he was annonymous , but i wouldn't be against getting him on loan again

Archived