BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer/discussion Thread

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If DG was on the reported 35k per week at Sunderland, his age means he will now be in for the highest bidder, bearing in mind his longevity/injury issues?

Means there will be an auction - our first bid.....£5, and we'll throw in all the cakes OC will buy you if you score on Saturday.

Granada Reports just had an item about Man U paying £30m for a player today - am I jealous?, not really - the report which preceded it was about a 3 year old girl with a terminal brain illness which could possibly be cured for £2.5m - there's the travesty.

Lots of transfer talk today and not even a snippet of a link anywhere in the media.

A thawing of feeling maybe? Coyles the man to take us forward? Give him a chance? Maybe Venkys are going to finally get it right?

Like uck they are,.....

We'll end up with the same dross Bowyer had to choose from, cast offs and cr@p in the free transfer market.

It's going to be a relegation battle with Hanley, Duffy or Marshall sold before the season starts or in January.

Season tickets are cheap though....

Its a nay from me KLC in spite of Grahams excellent loan spell.........cant justify a 3 year deal for a 31-year old striker who is a tad injury -prone and with no sell-on value. £15k a week tops ..and Id say that even if we werent £100 million in the red.

The player has to work within our financial constraints - what if he gets injured first game of new season(for whole season).?...C

Can we then afford a back-up plan? At least with a younger guy there is a bit of time and a potential sell-on.

This isn't a friend of a friend story I can assure you. Not groudbreaking but interesting nonetheless. I know the financial director of a League 1 club very well. Indeed I have literally just got back from seeing him. Prior to his appointment, he held the same position in Houston and, as a result, has a very good working knowledge of OC. His initial statement was, 'I am not sure how that is going to pan out'. He then went on to say that he had been 'useless' at Houston. Interestingly, I can confirm that he is not SEM, but his agent does have a lot of 'bang average' managers and players on his books. At Houston, OC brought in a number of these players and the results are common knowledge. He firmly believes that his agent will be making sure that the same thing happens at Ewood!! I am sure many of you suspected this already but, sadly, it seems you are/were correct.

And just watch the fans blame FFP and/or Graham for being too greedy.

I'll be amazed if we get anyone in who is better than those players already here. We really need to get lucky with a couple of youth players.

why don't we wait until we see who we sign first. we still have 11 weeks of the transfer window to go.

also Nixon has said Coyle is talking to players and some deals are close aswell.

lets judge after the transfer window has close and we see who we sign and who we sold.

If he's any sense he'll go to Birmingham or even PNE before us anyway.

I very much doubt either could offer better wages than us.

Rowett has said he could even offer 10k a week to player last week

Regarding Graham - let us speculate that the going rate is 30k/week with a minimum 3 year deal. Yay or nay?

I would offer him a 2 year contract at 20k a week with bonus, with an option for a 3rd year

Here my post from the 8th June

why don't we wait until we see who we sign first. we still have 11 weeks of the transfer window to go.

also Nixon has said Coyle is talking to players and some deals are close aswell.

lets judge after the transfer window has close and we see who we sign and who we sold.

Why judge him after the transfer window closes? He'll need 10 games, then til Christmas, then we'll see who we can bring in during the January window...

Anyway, it won't be time to judge until "Nicko says". :rolleyes:

Its a nay from me KLC in spite of Grahams excellent loan spell.........cant justify a 3 year deal for a 31-year old striker who is a tad injury -prone and with no sell-on value. £15k a week tops ..and Id say that even if we werent £100 million in the red.

The player has to work within our financial constraints - what if he gets injured first game of new season(for whole season).?...C

Can we then afford a back-up plan? At least with a younger guy there is a bit of time and a potential sell-on.

What if your younger player gets injured first game of the season for the whole season? He won't be playing for free, could we afford a backup plan then with?

Transfers are all ifs and buts regardless of age.

Why judge him after the transfer window closes? He'll need 10 games, then til Christmas, then we'll see who we can bring in during the January window...

Al, Stuart, it's Al.

I very much doubt either could offer better wages than us.

Rowett has said he could even offer 10k a week to player last week

I would offer him a 2 year contract at 20k a week with bonus, with an option for a 3rd year

Oh to be in Chaddy land - no disrespect but 20k per week will cover the first team squad, we are in Loon land I'm afraid now.

The problem is that you never judge.

Judge the players we sign I said.

chaddy maybe you should just focus on posting your bloody links and stuff instead of telling grown men and women what they should and shouldn't be doing.

Exactly what you're now doing :rock:

chaddy maybe you should just focus on posting your bloody links and stuff instead of telling grown men and women what they should and shouldn't be doing.

I actually think Chaddy is right - though I think we all fear the worst - the time to judge transfer business will be in a few weeks time. Lots of people are judging the quality of what Coyle will bring in before we have even signed one player.

I actually think Chaddy is right - though I think we all fear the worst - the time to judge transfer business will be in a few weeks time. Lots of people are judging the quality of what Coyle will bring in before we have even signed one player.

Round and round and round we go.

We've said the same thing over and over with five different managers.

Brick walls and bloodied foreheads.

Exactly.

People are fearing the worst. Lets see what happens

Round and round and round we go.

We've said the same thing over and over with five different managers.

Brick walls and bloodied foreheads.

One thing history has shown us, nobody knows what our owners will do next.

Yes it has generally been a downward spiral - but they are always likely to surprise.

How many times was Rhodes sold before he eventually left, how much did we spend trying to immediately bounce back to the Premiership, they will never hire an experienced manager and then up they pop with Lambert.

I know many think they just have it in for Rovers - and given their success it is hardly surprising. Personally I just think they have no idea of how to run a football club - so even when they do something sensible it falls apart because they give the money to the wrong manager, don't stick to the apparent plan with the one experienced manager they brought in, wreck the management structure at Rovers so we have the management agility of a beached whale.

So based on previous experience I will wait to see what happens.

Why do you think people fear the worst? Because that's what keeps happening!

So the best thing to do is have a dig at someone who sees the bright side of life?

Good luck to you chaddy.I feel as miserable as sin and as optimistic as a venkys chicken. But I wouldn't begrudge anyone who can keep up beat with this going on. Keep the faith mate. Because if we ever turn it all around you'll deserve it a darn sight more than me.

Edit. I should stress that Lord of the rings is on the box and maybe I'm getting carried away with unbridled hope and a good heart overcoming adversity.

Exactly what you're now doing :rock:

is it, is it really :rock: what is it that you don't understand about "maybe you should"? I was making a suggestion, one that would cut out a big chunk of the bs on here lately if he followed it and one that would also see him receive less agro.

is it, is it really :rock: what is it that you don't understand about "maybe you should"? I was making a suggestion, one that would cut out a big chunk of the bs on here lately if he followed it and one that would also see him receive less agro.

Chaddy started his post with 'why don't we'. Does that mean he's off the hook too?

Archived