BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Vs. Wigan Away

I remember Coyle auditioning for the Wigan job. It was on '5lives Monday night club', and Dave Whelan was a guest on the phone.

Coyle continually called him "Mr Chairman." Shameless boot-licking.

I well remember Bob Saxton and Don Mackay referring to Bill Fox as "Mr. Chairman".

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I well remember Bob Saxton and Don Mackay referring to Bill Fox as "Mr. Chairman".

It is the done thing in football.

I heard Kenny call Burnley Bob ' Mr Chairman' at Blackpool Airport.

It is the done thing in football.

I heard Kenny call Burnley Bob ' Mr Chairman' at Blackpool Airport.

I remember David Batty calling Graeme Le Saux a right *****ng T**t at Moscow Airport, not to mention on the pitch.

I live in Wigan and for once it's not related to the loons... but as was said re price of tickets 'twenty is plenty' - so at £25 they can take a dive

Will probably join for the gathering in town but not bothering with the game

I live in Wigan and for once it's not related to the loons... but as was said re price of tickets 'twenty is plenty' - so at £25 they can take a dive

Will probably join for the gathering in town but not bothering with the game

What's the best pubs for Rovers fans in Pie Town?

BUT one massive difference. Fox was their current Boss wheras Whelan wasn't toady Coyles Boss at that time....if the word auditioning is noted.

There's three pubs near the ground on Woodhouse Lane on t'other side of the canal. There's also one if you're coming in via Standish Lower Ground on Wigan Lower Road. For this one you'd come off the M6 at junction 27. Behind the away end, there's the Robin.

Depends what you are after Jock - are you driving in or train?

Will also depend on if /who they allow to open

Most tend to jump off the train and stay in town and especially head for Moon under Water (Weatherspoons)/Little Fifteen but there are ample pubs around but if you like real/guest ales The Anvil is good on the bus Station and normally has a good number of Rovers away fans go in and there is also the fairly new Central which is at the bottom of Wallgate and built into the Arches at the back of the NW train Station

Also the Royal Oak has just reopened at the bottom of Wigan lane (Town end ) after a complete refurb and does good food and reasonably priced.

Only about 15 min walk to the ground from town depending on how fast you walk

Most tend to jump off the train and stay in town and especially head for Moon under Water (Weatherspoons)/Little Fifteen but there are ample pubs around but if you like real/guest ales The Anvil is good on the bus Station and normally has a good number of Rovers away fans go in and there is also the fairly new Central which is at the bottom of Wallgate and built into the Arches at the back of the NW train Station

Also the Royal Oak has just reopened at the bottom of Wigan lane (Town end ) after a complete refurb and does good food and reasonably priced.

I highly recommend The Central as mentioned by Capt K.

Anywhere that's not got Ewood Blues in it.

Defeat in wigan and if anyone has any doubts about how the season will unfold will know for certain

I foresee a Paul Ince type performance vs Wigan. We'll get spanked with the Wigan fans laughing at us and Coyle.

It really needs making a Venkys out day as something nearly always happens at Wigan and fans usually end up at each others throats anyway when you get Darwen enders, Blackburn enders and Riverside/JW fans all lumped together in one end.

Won't do the players much good so maybe lay off it until things begin to unravel as we expect them to then both barrels.

It really needs making a Venkys out day as something nearly always happens at Wigan and fans usually end up at each others throats anyway when you Darwen enders, Blackburn enders and Riverside/JW fans all lumped together in one end.

Won't do the players much good so maybe lay of it until things begin to unravel as we expect them to then both barrels.

By the 75th minute it'll probably be a convincing Wigan win. If its anything like Norwich it could kick off by the 18 minute.

18-75

Wigan Away is F__K OFF VENKYS DAY

Be lucky to get 2.5k at this by the sounds of it which is @#/? poor. An all time low away following at Wigan yet another great achievement for the Venky reign of terror.

If it carries on we'll be having sub 10k at Ewood and sub 200 away followings outside the local area. Finally back to the stuff of 30 years ago and they ain't finished yet. This clubs never been in the 4th tier but give in another 5 years and they might manage it.

History in the making :mellow:

Archived