BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Vs. Wigan Away

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was going to do a number of away games. I will miss Wigan out - I don't fancy the aggression between our "fans".

Draw v Norwich then beat Wigan and it'll be hunky dory for a while. We are due a win there that's for sure.

It's probably a tad pie in the sky from RR, but I'd be certainly thinking about going if we smash Norwich! I bet thousands of others would have the same mindset, especially if it's a sunny day, only an hours drive...

I see this Saturday being a much more grim affair though!

I'd have my money on Wigan stuffing us. I imagine it's their first home game of the season and they'll see us as a perfect club to roll over and take 3 points to kick start their home campaign.

2-0 down after 33 mins and eventually a 2-1 or 3-1 defeat.

Whatever happens v Norwich we'll get tonked at Wigan, the big following never helps there we always play poorly. Mr unpopular Coyle back in town they'll be right up for it. Last time I remember a decent effort there was probably when Santa Cruz scored.....and we lost 4-3 :(

FKW might just be getting it from all sides at the DW.

• Moderation Lead

I must admit, I think we'll get banged, in spite of us taking good numbers there, we always get beaten and I think this game will be no different.

I'm sure Wigan and their fans will want revenge against the clueless FKW idiot who masterminded their fall back to the 3rd tier

I'm no Coyle fan, but they were 14th when he left, 6 points off the play offs. They ended up finishing in the play offs that season (not that Coyle can accept much credit for that - it might have been his squad but the new man did far more that season!).

However, that means you can't put the relegation at his door. Uwe Rosler and Malky Mackay were the men who took them down.

I've seen us concede so many goals at Wigan. I've seen a 3-0 loss, 3-3 draw, 4-3 loss and 5-3 loss. I'd take a boring 1-0 win in this one!

We still have the Steven Reid thunderbolt.

We have to except we'll never have bragging rights under these feckwit owners. They've been an embarrassment from the start. I'm still waiting for the ' champions league football' and the 'young dynamic manager' .

I remember Coyle auditioning for the Wigan job. It was on '5lives Monday night club', and Dave Whelan was a guest on the phone.

Coyle continually called him "Mr Chairman." Shameless boot-licking.

At least he can't do that at Rovers!

Archived