BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Vs. Wigan Away

Give me £10k a week and you lot can message me whatever you want. I'd give £100 to the most creative insult.

For the record, I didn't tweet Duffy (or anyone), but if you're a footballer on social media, then what do you really expect, especially when you have a stinker? Don't think Duffy was anywhere near our worst player but he was poor. He's one of our only players who is active on Twitter so he's an easy target.

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Give me £10k a week and you lot can message me whatever you want. I'd give £100 to the most creative insult.

For the record, I didn't tweet Duffy (or anyone), but if you're a footballer on social media, then what do you really expect, especially when you have a stinker? Don't think Duffy was anywhere near our worst player but he was poor. He's one of our only players who is active on Twitter so he's an easy target.

Shane Duffy and many professional footballers are on twitter because they want to be accessible to the fans, sadly it takes just a few morons to spoil that relationship because they think they're untouchable sat behind closed bedroom doors.

Stan Collymore isn't my favorite person, but the vile racist abuse he receives is disgusting, he doesn't deserve it and neither does Shane Duffy or anyone else for that matter, not even if they have a bad game.

"Useless Irish ***t" etc was all over his twitter apparently.

• Moderation Lead

The latter of what you mention Gav, that's unacceptable. But fans are hacked off and they vent on the Internet, there's plenty of it on here as we all know. Therefore, fans with active Twitter accounts having witnessed a shambolic performance, they're bound to give players a piece of their mind....I've no Twitter and I'd never do it myself anyhow, but you put yourself out there on the Internet and you need a thick skin or just to log off.

But some need to be sold like Marshall and Duffy. didn't even show desire or passion for the club, the shirt or even the fans

Trouble is, particularly in Marshall 's case, we won't replace him with anyone approaching his ability.

Even those who lament him, will soon be wishing we had him, a couple of months down the line.

• Backroom

Trouble is, particularly in Marshall 's case, we won't replace him with anyone approaching his ability.

Even those who lament him, will soon be wishing we had him, a couple of months down the line.

Indeed. Cairney's started the season very well at Fulham.

The latter of what you mention Gav, that's unacceptable. But fans are hacked off and they vent on the Internet, there's plenty of it on here as we all know. Therefore, fans with active Twitter accounts having witnessed a shambolic performance, they're bound to give players a piece of their mind....I've no Twitter and I'd never do it myself anyhow, but you put yourself out there on the Internet and you need a thick skin or just to log off.

Maybe it's an age thing, but the last thing I'd ever dream of doing is abusing a Blackburn Rovers player, or anyone for that matter, on his Twitter account.

It's quite simply a faceless cowardly act in my opinion.

Maybe it's an age thing, but the last thing I'd ever dream of doing is abusing a Blackburn Rovers player, or anyone for that matter, on his Twitter account.

Ne'er truer words spoken!

We shouldn't accept "venting" in such ways as part of life, people without the basic respect shouldn't have the privilege of a voice.

Players on twitter well if you keep hanging your chin out you'll keep getting tagged on it. Always happy to take all the plaudits and adoration but never take kindly to the other stuff, a prime example is Duffy always seeming to seek out arguments whenever he or the teams had a stinker.

They should just lock their accounts if they are touchy and every single celeb on there gets trolled. People giving boxers loads of mouth they wouldn't shout at them from across a moat and iron railings in the outside world.

If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen, it's all so simple to cure.

Deffo something like 8-1 on skybet a few weeks before the season as I was tempted and remember thinking these guys really know nothing about football giving odds like that, I was expecting 5-2 or something but it was deffo bigger than that at one point.

edit

Just checked my skybet acc and we were 9-2 to go down and 16-1 to finish rock bottom, this was within the last 30 days.

Only now coming to terms with what i witnessed yesterday. As pitiful as last weekend's performance was, there was always the possibility that we were battered by a far superior team who had just come down from the Premier League, and that against some of the more average teams we would be able to compete. Yesterday clearly demonstrated that we are a million miles from even competing in this division.

The gulf in quality, fitness, precision, skill, pace, speed and overall attitude, commitment and endeavour was incredible. We looked disorganised, disinterested, clueless, unfit and played as though this team had never been on the same field as each other before.

Wigan couldn't have hoped for a better first home game after losing their last two. They brushed us aside with such ease i don't think their players or supporters could quite believe how woeful we were or how easy it was for them. First half we might as well have been playing with 8 men, because Marshall, Graham and Stokes contributed nothing to the game.

I've seen some rubbish over the last couple of years. Under Bowyer and Lambert there were plenty of dull and mediocre performances but we nearly always competed in games and never rolled over and capitulated like we have seen in the last 2 games.

Only last week people were saying how we should have enough to finish above the likes of Wigan, Huddersfield, Barnsley, Burton and Rotherham. All those teams have already shown they can compete in this division.

Next we head to Cardiff who havent scored in their first 3 games. They'll be rubbing their hands at the prospect of this sorry side rolling into town on Wednesday.

Its the same old faces making the same mistakes at Rovers. We've had problems for 3 years that still haven't been rectified. No full backs, playing people out of position, a relentless loyalty to some (Lowe and Henley) when better could be found for those positions. Central midfield is still a shambles.

Personal insults like the ones you say we're all over Twitter are uncalled for and ruin the experience many genuine fans get of being able to communicate with players of their team.

However if Duffy has taken to Twitter to have pops at other clubs fans like he has done with Wigan previously, he opens himself up to get stick back. Dunny has had several jibes at the Dingles and got torrents of personal abuse back.

If you want to take any, don't give it.

It was worse

We are an absolute shambles

It was worse definitely, Steven Warnock I remember got anihilated by Antonio Valencia that game but yesterday was definitely Worse, fans on the players backs from the get go really toxic atmosphere. And the performance was probably the worst I've seen from any rovers side ever if it wasn't for Greer we'd have been 5-0 down at half time so so bad. I kind of felt sorry for Adam Henley, he's not good enough simple as but his confidence is clearly at an all time low. If he stays at rovers any longer his career will be done he really needs too leave. Definitely the worst experience I've had at a match ever personally. Put me off away games for now, not even the beers and a great pie could help!

It was worse definitely, Steven Warnock I remember got anihilated by Antonio Valencia that game but yesterday was definitely Worse, fans on the players backs from the get go really toxic atmosphere. And the performance was probably the worst I've seen from any rovers side ever if it wasn't for Greer we'd have been 5-0 down at half time so so bad. I kind of felt sorry for Adam Henley, he's not good enough simple as but his confidence is clearly at an all time low. If he stays at rovers any longer his career will be done he really needs too leave. Definitely the worst experience I've had at a match ever personally. Put me off away games for now, not even the beers and a great pie could help!

What made it worse is the opposition was poor and highly likely will be in a relegation battle..

Players out of position players not giving 100% etc but let's be honest our problems run even deeper

What made it worse is the opposition was poor and highly likely will be in a relegation battle..

Players out of position players not giving 100% etc but let's be honest our problems run even deeper

We made Wigan look so good, everytime they attacked in the first half they looked like scoring. Why stokes started out on the left is just mind boggling. Shocking.

Ne'er truer words spoken!

We shouldn't accept "venting" in such ways as part of life, people without the basic respect shouldn't have the privilege of a voice.

Totally agree. Since when did sport become a justifiable excuse to hound, intensely criticise or abuse people?

In the early days of football fans supported numerous local clubs, turned up to be entertained and after the game just got on with their lives until the next game. The worst stick I'd imagine players got is a bit of collective booing every now and again.

That's more like how it should be in my opinion. I don't agree with the argument that because they're well paid that means they're a justifiable target. And fans are woefully ill qualified to tell players what they should be doing in any case.

Going on Twitter or whatever to tell a player how **** they were is rude, sad, presumptuous, mean spirited and all in all pretty pathetic. They're still people no matter how much money they make. It's a wonder modern players ever try to engage with fans the way some fans speak to them.

The stand out funny moment for me on Saturday was when after 75 minutes some wit behind me started chanting:

"Owen Coyles Blue and White Army"

Every one turned round and he burst out laughing.

Was it not a Wigan fan who had just come out of a three year coma?

Totally agree. Since when did sport become a justifiable excuse to hound, intensely criticise or abuse people?

It doesn't - but the same applies to players also as I have said before

Its always gone on but there is just an open medium now

The simple thing is as many have said - stay away from Tw###er /Faceless book etc - always the same as soon as somebody doesn't like something that is said against them yet happy to gleam the spotlight in reverse

It's a bloody worry for anyone in their 40 50 60's if they'll live long enough to see it.

Add those of us in our 70s to that, Jock!

This afternoon's the first time since Saturday's game I've not felt too depressed to read this thread. My reason for going to Wigan and some other away games this season was to build up a history of going to away games so that, as someone who's no longer got a season ticket, I might qualify for a ticket for the game at Burton [the only Championship ground I've not seen us on] later this season. But that was appalling. It had me so disillusioned that for the first time, I wouldn't worry if I didn't get a ticket for that game and add another ground to the list of the 100+ grounds I've seen us on over the years.

On my way home, I was thinking of chants I don't remember hearing on Saturday, notably "Rovers till I die." - apologies if I'm wrong about that. There's a chant I've sung with pride many a time over the years but Saturday's display was so inept that I can't imagine singing it again under the present ownership. I've mentioned on here before that I was born in Blackpool to two Blackburn exiles and was the only 7-year-old in my class at school in Blackpool who knew [my Dad told me; and he wouldn't have lied about something so important! ^_^] that, when Blackpool beat Bolton in the 1953 Cup Final, Rovers, then halfway up the old Division 2, were better than both teams! I've always been proud to be a Rovers fan but if the Manager and the players have no pride in the club, then why should I?

Do I win the "prize" for the first one to leave the game? I couldn't tolerate another half like the first so I made my excuses and left at half-time to get a taxi back into town and a train home. As one of the Wigan stewards was letting me out of the ground, we both agreed what an awful manager Coyle is, trading on the reputation of one successful season with Burnleh. Saturday's was the most inept display I can remember from a Blackburn Rovers team since Bristol Rovers knocked us out of the F.A. Cup in 1975/76 which was the first time I left a Rovers' game [only 12 minutes, on that occasion] early. Where was Coyle during that first half? I don't remember seeing him once standing up in the technical area, either encouraging, or berating, the players.

before

Unfortunately for me I have a friend who's a Forest fan who's offered to give me a lift home after their game at Ewood so I don't think I'm going to be allowed to miss that game; but that apart, it will be a long time, if ever, before I need to ring the Rovers' ticket office.

My obvious masochistic tendencies don't stretch to reading all this thread, so apologies if I'm repeating stuff but there's one thing I'd like to add. Despite the appalling display from the "team" in black shirts, I have nothing but total respect for the people who were in the north stand on Saturday. I bet if Wigan Athletic had a fraction of the vocal support that we had on Saturday, they'd have been motivated to get even more goals than they did.

We need to encourage fans of other clubs to sign this. It could easily have been any of them in our position.

And still could...

Archived